Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2011, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cren888 View Post

thanks. i read the reviews for this mount and seems it doesn't come with the right screws for the acer. i ended up buying the videosecu mount from amazon. fingers crossed it will work.

Goodness-i did not pay attention. Let me see once projector lands up. Mount has already been delivered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 01:07 PM

Where did everybody get the right screws for the mount? The manual says it needs 3mmx25mm screws, but none of the big box hardware stores carry them, and I've even called a few specialty fastener shops in the area and they don't have any in stock.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:18 PM

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by workindev View Post

Where did everybody get the right screws for the mount? The manual says it needs 3mmx25mm screws, but none of the big box hardware stores carry them, and I've even called a few specialty fastener shops in the area and they don't have any in stock.

Ebay!!!!!
Search: M3 25 screws
Lots to choose from with different heads. You only need 3, but you can get about 6 shipped to your house for about $6.

"Engineers aren't boring people, we just get excited over boring things".
--Anon.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanks. I ended up getting some from Amazon.com. I got a 100 pack for $6 with Amazon prime shipping.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:

Thanks. I ended up getting some from Amazon.com. I got a 100 pack for $6 with Amazon prime shipping.

Could you mention the product name or number u searched at amazon. M 3 25 returned nthing
Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh123 View Post

Could you mention the product name or number u searched at amazon. M 3 25 returned nthing

Not M 3 25 screws.
Search M3 25 screws.
I tried this on Amazon and lots come up. I don't know why you would want 100. Perhaps package them up in packs of 3 and advertise them with H7531D in the title.

--Anon.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyJonesBSME View Post

Not M 3 25 screws.
Search M3 25 screws.
I tried this on Amazon and lots come up. I don't know why you would want 100. Perhaps package them up in packs of 3 and advertise them with H7531D in the title.

That is a good idea Jeffrey. Just ordered from amazon.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:48 PM

Ok, I must have misread the instruction manual. The M3x25mm screws are only if you use the Acer mount. They were WAY too long for the Videosecu mount that I got from Amazon. I ended up using some M3x10mm machine screws that were very easy to find at the Home Depot.

So I paid for 100 screws from Amazon that I don't need at all.

I have 1 hr on the projector now and I'm blown away. Just a few things to tweak. For example, I used 2 bubble levels when mounting the projector to make it is plumb and level, but the image is still a little skewed without a few keystone clicks. I need to try to readjust my mount a little to get it all aligned.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:

Ok, I must have misread the instruction manual. The M3x25mm screws are only if you use the Acer mount. They were WAY too long for the Videosecu mount that I got from Amazon.

I guess it depends on the mount you use. My mount has spacers and my M3x25mm screws were too short.

--Anon.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Well, I have a weekend on my Projector now and am overall very pleased. More importantly, my wife is impressed with it. She was reluctant because she thought it would be too big, and that the media room would look too much like a cave. But she said that the picture quality exceeded her expectations, and I put a dimmer on the lights in the room and the picture still looks pretty dang good with the lights on.

I haven't adjusted any picture settings or done any kind of calibration yet. Right now, I don't really see a need to. It looks plenty good for me. I guess I'm just not very picky.

The only issue I've had so far is getting the image keystone correct. I thought I made all the measurements very carefully to have the projector square to the screen, and right now with no keystone clicks on the projector I have 3 sides that look pretty straight and level. But the top left side is maybe 1/4" - 1/2" further towards the center than the bottom left side. Maybe this is something that more seasoned installers can get more precise, but it is much trickier than I thought it would be.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM

Liked: 12
Been pleased as well.

If you are sensitive to rainbows, you will see them with this unit.

My wife is somewhat sensitive. We've had a DLP TV for 5 years and she occasionally sees them with that.

Watched a movie with white credits on a black background and she was saying it was bad. And for the first time I actually saw the effect.

But for the price, hard to beat. A couple tweaks and the picture is great.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmo View Post

After playing around with it some more I think I have a better idea what aperture mid offset does. If dynamic black is set to medium, you subtract the aperture mid offset value from aperture max and this is the darkest it will go on medium setting. So if aperture min=11, aperture max=80, aperture mid offset=12, then 80-12=68 so the aperture range on medium would be 11 to 68. On high it would be 11 to 80. So basically medium doesn't get as dark and the difference is the aperture mid offset value.

So, I recently picked up an Acer 9500. Can I use the service menu to adjust the dynamic iris? The yo-yo affect can be really bothersome. I would really appreciate a how to on adjusting for optimal black levels/yo-yo minimization.

Thank You
Old 12-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Hello all,

Since this projector puts out enough light, has anyone tried an appropriately sized ND filter to improve contrast on this unit? If so, what size are we looking at? I am curious and hopeful that someone has tried one with can provide valuable insights.

Thanks in advance,

Kenobi
Old 01-10-2012, 12:00 PM

I have ~170 hours on my H7531D now, but last night it did a pretty strange thing. Right after the BCS football game was over suddenly the picture went away, the fans turned off, and it started beeping with the power button flashing between red and blue. I tried the power button from the remote and it wouldn't respond. I hit the power button on the projectorand it turned off, and then I waited for a few minutes and turned it on and it seemed like it started up just fine.

According to the manual, flashing blue on the power button means "Lamp Retry", but it doesn't say at all what "lamp retry" means.

Anybody else had anything like this happen? I'm trying to figure out if I should contact Acer support now, or wait to see if it happens again.

Other than this hiccup, I am loving this projector.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 AM

Has anyone had any problems with their Acer H7531D projector? Over the past few months I've had mine just shut down,all of a sudden, a few times. I found a recommendation online that two sensors may be too close to each other and if I seperate them it may fix the problem. I'm going to open the projector up this weekend and see.

Here is the website that talks about the sensors.
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/pr...530Dfaq3.shtml

Side note: I HATE HATE HATE the auto iris! Noisey and slow. Mine is permanently turned off.

--Anon.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:29 PM

Liked: 12
Thanks. I have had this issue a few times. Didn't think it was overheating because it would fire back up and not have a problem.

Only other issue I have had (but not had lately) is thin white stripes across the screen. Found if I grabbed the projector on opposite sides and squeezed it with my hands they would disappear. Not exactly stellar build quality. And now they appear to be saying, hey, fix it yourself.

Let's us know how the fix went. Looking at the pictures I'm a little confused by their description and the wire routing in regards to how it looks like some of it spilling outside the case.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:30 PM

ive had a similar problem. had the acer h7531d for over a year now. after two.months the bulb burnt out violently so ii replaced it, but these days the projector is making noise,a steady rattling possibly from the fan.when I squeeze it togethert goes away, so I worked something maketshift arrangement.... weird.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:45 AM

Well...I've sold my house and part of the deal was leaving my projector for the new owner. I can't say I've been crazy about this Acer projector. The noisey/slow auto iris is kinda a deal breaker. Mine has shut down a few times and I tried to open it up to move the sensors like discussed before, but I couldn't get it open without feeling like I was going to break something. There must be a hidden fastener I couldn't see.

This projector was very cheap, so I guess I'd give it a B- rating, mostly due to price. It really does have a pretty good picture, but I expected better contrast.

--Anon.