Forum Jump: 

post #2851 of 2858 Old 03-06-2014, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

Strange that the Canadian price is $423 Canadian, but only $221 US dollars from the USA site.

confused.gif

Yes I noticed that too. Odd. I appreciate the link though.

I found this place... they have a section outlining the importance of ensuring lamps are legit, not copies, etc. but for some reason I still wonder:

http://www.projectorlampsource.ca/mitsubishi_hc4000_projector_bulb.html

Mitsubishi HC4000/Elite Screens 120" SableFrame CineWhite/Darbee Darblet/WDTV LIVE HUB/WD MYBOOK LIVE NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2858 Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by funstuff View Post

Yes I noticed that too. Odd. I appreciate the link though.

I found this place... they have a section outlining the importance of ensuring lamps are legit, not copies, etc. but for some reason I still wonder:

http://www.projectorlampsource.ca/mitsubishi_hc4000_projector_bulb.html
Not sure why the Canadian price is so much higher, since I've always ordered from the US site. I've always received an OEM lamp from Projector Lamp Experts. BTW I wouldn't trust the place you just found http://www.avsforum.com/t/1472311/projector-lamp-source-claims-original-bulbs-ships-generic-bulbs/0_50

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #2853 of 2858 Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I don't have any specific advice but you guys are making me wonder.

After moving to a new house with a different arrangement (bigger screen, longer throw), my 1000 hour bulb wasn't as bright as I wanted it (well under 11 ftl). I switched from eco to normal mode, re-calibrated, and resorted to using a brighter mode for gaming or daytime viewing where I don't care quite as much about color accuracy.

I found a place that had all the BS about true OEM bulbs but at significant savings over other places. I bought a bulb thinking I would get maybe another 500 hours out of my bulb before I would want to switch. In all appearances it was identical to the old, at least that is what I remember at the time. Had osram stamped on it somewhere.

When I finally switched, I found the new bulb to be no brighter than the old. I also found calibrating to be more difficult, it seemed to run out of red sooner than the old one even, which effectively means even less brightness for accurate greyscale.

I've just been living with it thinking it was just bulb to bulb variation or my different set up making the new bulb not as bright as I would have expected, but now I think I just got scammed. The bulb works, but I don't feel like I got what I wanted and now I feel like I need to worry about premature failure too.

Live and learn I guess.
post #2854 of 2858 Old 03-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Try to clean the color wheel, maybe you get a little boost in brightness.
post #2855 of 2858 Old 05-04-2014, 02:43 PM

Hi Guys ,

My PJ is shutting down automatically after couple of minutes. Not used for a month and the buld is around 400 Hoyrs ( low lamp) .Any idea ? Thanks for you response.

Here is the video on how it behaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZleNht3_s
post #2856 of 2858 Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 143
IS it out of warranty?

Go inside the service menu and watch the temperature gauges.

Automatic shoutdown could be a bunch of things:
Bad Lamp
Overheating
Faulty Power Supply
Faulty internal voltage regulation due to a bad part within the on-board electronics (bad resistor, etc...)

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #2857 of 2858 Old 06-07-2014, 07:02 AM

I have a HC4000 and have been away for a while, I have zero issues. Not that I want to create issues but is there a newer better firmware I should be using? I think mine is about 2 years old, or would be a new hardware platform?

Love the projector BTW.
post #2858 of 2858 Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Hey guys, I have had the HC4000 for about 4 years now. It has been a lovely experience, and I am always impressed with the picture quality coming out of this thing.
However, I recently moved to a new place. On power up, the projector started making a rattling noise. I thought it was probably something in the fans. I disassembled the unit and pulled out a very thin piece of plastic maybe 1.5cm wide and 4cm long, very thin. Sure enough, it had been stuck in a fan. I couldn't tell where this plastic had come from.
I then reassembled the unit and plugged it back in. The power light flashed green and red, alternating between the two colors. The fans did not turn at all. There was no image shown at all, not even a black screen. I have taken the HC4000 apart and put it back together a couple times to make sure that everything was put back together securely. No luck. I also have left the unit unplugged for days before trying again. No luck.
I read over 25 pages of this thread and haven't seen anyone with the same problem. I feel it is something stupid easy to fix, just a way to reset the computer or something. Any thoughts guys?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc4000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector
Gear in this thread - Hc4000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page