GT750 Thread, HDMI 1.4 Capable - Page 13 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > GT750 Thread, HDMI 1.4 Capable
robl45's Avatar robl45 12:35 PM 11-26-2011
i just set it to film and of course 3d switches to its own mode. for me I use different sources so I'm not sure I want to mess with it, for instance my films look great, but uverse makes everyone sunburned. but I don't really want to be switching it all the time.

The big picture's Avatar The big picture 04:01 PM 11-26-2011
Hi everyone. I have read the thread but just want to be 100% shure of somthing.

The GT750 comes with both a pair of RF-Glasses & an emitter.

The GT750(E) comes with just the RF-emitter.
Is that correct ?

Just want to be shure an RF-emitter does come in the box with the GT750(E) model.
robl45's Avatar robl45 04:29 PM 11-26-2011
That is correct
frunko1's Avatar frunko1 07:48 AM 11-28-2011
what rf glasses can you use with the projector? I bought dlp link for mine, but noticed some rf glasses are a lot less money.
robl45's Avatar robl45 06:34 PM 11-28-2011
you can use optoma rf, I believe monster glasses will work fine too.
robl45's Avatar robl45 08:51 PM 11-28-2011
i do see some rainbows, its a little annoying and on cowboys and aliens in the dark scenes, was really annoying, but for the most part, not a big deal.
derek's Avatar derek 10:20 AM 11-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

i do see some rainbows, its a little annoying and on cowboys and aliens in the dark scenes, was really annoying, but for the most part, not a big deal.

I assume this was in 2D? Some have reported rainbows are less noticeable in 3D viewing with the glasses? This is the one thing I'm hesitant about before pulling the trigger on the gt750.
robl45's Avatar robl45 10:54 AM 11-29-2011
Yes, less noticeable in 3d although you can see them sometimes, its pretty much a non issue
emans's Avatar emans 12:36 AM 11-30-2011
I just got mine in today and I love it! As for rainbows, I haven't noticed any. If your not looking for them I think you'll be fine but this is my first projector so I'm not an expert.

I got the DLP Link glasses from Optima and they work well. They are a bit bulky so I can't use my gaming headset with it but its not too bad, I don't have any random connection problems or anything like that.
robl45's Avatar robl45 04:58 AM 11-30-2011
honestly I can't understand why anyone would buy dlp link with this projector when it comes with the emitter for the rf glasses and the rf glasses aren't bulky.

as for the rainbows, I didn't see them at first either, its not real bad or anything, like a quick flash once in awhile.
jayc1976's Avatar jayc1976 10:30 AM 11-30-2011
Quote:

honestly I can't understand why anyone would buy dlp link with this projector when it comes with the emitter for the rf glasses and the rf glasses aren't bulky.

as for the rainbows, I didn't see them at first either, its not real bad or anything, like a quick flash once in awhile.

I bought my pj about 6 weeks ago I'm in the uk and the package I got was the gt750 xl which includes the zd201 dlp link glasses and not the rf emitter. Must be a Europe thing
robl45's Avatar robl45 10:57 AM 11-30-2011
They don't sell those dlp glasses here so that is probably correct, they are supposed to be good
audionewer's Avatar audionewer 01:46 PM 11-30-2011
what projector do i have to buy in order to have almost perfect 3d pictures?
frunko1's Avatar frunko1 07:42 PM 11-30-2011
Quote:

Bought dlp link glasses because it was simple, I found out all dlp link work with anything dlp link so was simple.

Rf there where tons of options, couldn't get a clear answer of glasses would work, and the optoma glasses where backordered from places I like to shop.
Mikes2cents's Avatar Mikes2cents 08:14 PM 11-30-2011
Yeah, DLP link glasses work flawlessly on my DLP TV. I plan to use them with my next PJ. A no brainer for me. No need for an emitter here.
robl45's Avatar robl45 08:17 PM 11-30-2011
Rf is great, they never lose sync, they are bearable for 5 hours of watching at a time.
BishopLord's Avatar BishopLord 04:54 PM 12-01-2011
Pulled the trigger on a GT750 a few minutes ago from Amazon. Since this PJ comes with a RF emitter, I'm going to sell my Optoma RF Glasses+Emitter kit (I still have 2 extra glasses) + that stupid 3D ViP Theater. What a waste of money that was.
robl45's Avatar robl45 05:45 PM 12-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLord View Post

Pulled the trigger on a GT750 a few minutes ago from Amazon. Since this PJ comes with a RF emitter, I'm going to sell my Optoma RF Glasses+Emitter kit (I still have 2 extra glasses) + that stupid 3D ViP Theater. What a waste of money that was.

wow amazon has a good price now. thats not bad at all, probably the best price you can get with free shipping. can't beat that.
markaimee's Avatar markaimee 11:19 AM 12-02-2011
Hi im undecided between the GT750 or the Benq W710st any one compared the two, I know the optoma has the 3d built in but im more concerned with the pic quality. Any one any ideas, my friend has the Gt750 and I see some rbe on it, but not too bad only certain scenes slightly. I do need a short throw and these seem to be the only two. Im from UK Cheers for any thoughts.
derek's Avatar derek 12:08 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosponge View Post

I have Optoma HD3300 and Onkyo 809. They work very well together in 3D.

Any more word on GT750 1.4 3D incompatibility with certain AVRs which are 1.4a capable? Was somewhat confused whether or not the problem was with 1.3 AVRs (obvious for frame packed) and/or 1.4 AVRs. Can the firmware in the GT750 be user updated?
robl45's Avatar robl45 03:58 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaimee View Post

Hi im undecided between the GT750 or the Benq W710st any one compared the two, I know the optoma has the 3d built in but im more concerned with the pic quality. Any one any ideas, my friend has the Gt750 and I see some rbe on it, but not too bad only certain scenes slightly. I do need a short throw and these seem to be the only two. Im from UK Cheers for any thoughts.

youd probably see it on any of them, I see it too, not enough to be a major issue.
robl45's Avatar robl45 03:59 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

Any more word on GT750 1.4 3D incompatibility with certain AVRs which are 1.4a capable? Was somewhat confused whether or not the problem was with 1.3 AVRs (obvious for frame packed) and/or 1.4 AVRs. Can the firmware in the GT750 be user updated?

i haven't seen anymore about it, you could use a switcher like I posted a page or two ago that is definately going to switch 3d.

i watch all my movies side by side and that will work with anything so not really a big issue for me at the moment.
emans's Avatar emans 02:24 AM 12-03-2011
Does anyone agree on the 3D being a little too dark? The default setting isn't too great imo. I just go from the 3D setting and bump up the brightness to about 4-8 as well as the contrast to maybe -5 to -3 and then compensate the brightness with a little more color gain so it doesn't look too washed out. It still looks a little washed out but i rather it be a little too bright then way too dark. Also I changed the gama setting from film to standard and temperature to medium. I mainly use 3d for games and when blacks get crushed in games its very noticeable because you don't see things that you need to.
robl45's Avatar robl45 07:32 AM 12-03-2011
with the rf glasses, movies look fine to me, I don't play games so I couldn't tell you there.
derek's Avatar derek 08:14 AM 12-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by emans View Post

Does anyone agree on the 3D being a little too dark?

Are you viewing in cave or ambient light environment?

From projectorcentral's review
" I measured the GT750E in Bright mode with the lamp also set to Bright at 2805 lumens, or about 94% of its rating. Game mode came out to 1883 lumens, which is still easily bright enough for the 90"-diagonal image I tested with to stand up to moderate ambient light, even considering the dimming effect of 3D glasses. "

If a 3000 lumen dlp projector is 'dark' in 3D (even with glasses' loss) then every manufacturer has to go back to the drawing board! lol The reviewer seems to imply that he was using the Display 'Game' mode for 3D games. Not the '3D' mode. Might want to try that. Be curious to how it looks vs. straight up '3D' mode (and I'm assuming you could do Bluray 3D with the 'Game' mode also.)
derek's Avatar derek 08:22 AM 12-05-2011
From the GT750e manual:
Quote:
3D Mode
 DLP Link: Select DLP Link to use optimized settings for DLP Link 3D images. (For DLP glasses, please refer to page 15).
 VESA 3D: Select VESA 3D to use optimized setting for VESA 3D images. (For 3D emitter, please refer to page 13).

This states 'optimized' settings are used. Anyone know what they are? Can someone try to use DLP-link glasses with VESA 3D selected (and vice versa?) I know some projectors with both dlplink and vesa transmitter allow you to use BOTH types of glasses at the same time (you get DLP flash AND signal to transmitter.)

*EDIT update: From another thread looks like the only difference is when VESA 3D is selected the DLP flash is not shown....but it does look like when DLP-LINK is selected the vesa emitter also works.
emans's Avatar emans 04:46 PM 12-05-2011
Does anyone know if you can use the playstation 3d glasses with this projector?
robl45's Avatar robl45 05:23 AM 12-08-2011
I have to setup and remove my projector each day (just the way it is) it goes on the floor. of course that messes up geometry so I've been using it on my toddlers wooden chair from his table and chair set, but thats a little too high and I have to move the image down 15 notches. trying to get it better aligned so I don't have to do so much correction. any ideas of something that is the right height so I won't have to do image correct? Need something that is stable so I can just put it on the floor projector on top and move a little to get into the right position like I do with the chair now. Hoping someone has a suggestion, I can't think of anything like that.
Sonyad's Avatar Sonyad 07:42 AM 12-08-2011
Quote:

I have to setup and remove my projector each day (just the way it is) it goes on the floor. of course that messes up geometry so I've been using it on my toddlers wooden chair from his table and chair set, but thats a little too high and I have to move the image down 15 notches. trying to get it better aligned so I don't have to do so much correction. any ideas of something that is the right height so I won't have to do image correct? Need something that is stable so I can just put it on the floor projector on top and move a little to get into the right position like I do with the chair now. Hoping someone has a suggestion, I can't think of anything like that.

Would an inexpensive adjustable height monitor riser work?
Matts4313's Avatar Matts4313 08:44 AM 12-08-2011
Hey all-

Looking at getting a projector- debating between this, the 8350 and the K330. All are between $500-1000. So a couple questions:

1. If you bought this projector - how satisfied are you with it? Would you buy it again?

2. The projector (750e) is $769 right now on Amazon. Is that a fair price? I noticed someone bought it with 2 pairs of 3d glasses a few pages back for $749, but I cant seem to replicate that deal anywhere.
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop