Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 621 Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrk View Post

I just got this project yesterday, this is my first projector and it is F'ing AWESOME!

I have my Sony CT100 Sound bar hooked up with my Xbox 360, PS3 and WDLive to the projector. OMG video games on this thing is amazing. Played NFS run and Finished Uncharted 3 last night. It is unbelievable that I was seeing graphics that I did not even notice but now on this wow.

I am shooting around 120in on to the wall. It looks really good bright clear and the wall. The wall is a very light tan but the colors and white seem to pop. I am curious how a screen or painting would affect the picture?

Can some one recommend some good paint or cheap screen that might work with this? Or is it even worth it?

Another question is that I have it on the floor under my futon but you have to have your feet up other wise its in the picture... I do not really have room to mount on the ceiling as I have a fan there. I am worried about the projector on the floor over the carpet will it get too hot, plus I have 3 dogs and worries about there hair getting in...

Does anyone know of a floor stand/box that is made for a projector? Is there even anything like this?

Thanks!
-Dave

go to your fabric store, ask for black-out cloth. Been using that for 4+ years, in 3 apartments. No problems and works/looks great. Very cheap too For more pizazz, buy some black fabric and make a border. Staple the black-out cloth on the wall, staple the black fabric around it to make a border

EASY AND CHEAP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 621 Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Liked: 11
Age old question..Whats better, RF or DLP link glasses ?
I have done my fair share of reading and still don't know which.

So let me narrow the question to just this projector(GT750).
Is there a clear winner between RF & DLP glasses when used with the Optoma GT750 ?
post #453 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

can anyone share some more pics/videos? I've seen the ones on youtube by the user in this thread, but I want more!

Please!

anyone?

post #454 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture View Post

Age old question..Whats better, RF or DLP link glasses ?
I have done my fair share of reading and still don't know which.

So let me narrow the question to just this projector(GT750).
Is there a clear winner between RF & DLP glasses when used with the Optoma GT750 ?

I have not tried DLPLINK glasses with my gt750 but the RF glasses work great. Allow good brightness and colors solid. When I switched the projector to dlp link mode the 'dlp flash' really seemed to washout the picture. I can't imagine even dlplink glasses filtering that higher contrast very well but again haven't tried them.

Derek
post #455 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

then its however the ps3 or whatever you are using is doing it. I think maybe games are different, I don't play games so I don't know, if I started playing games in addition to the movies I watch, i'd be out of the house.

I finally got time to check the projector again. Initially I thought the settings on the ps3 was wrong, but when I watched the IMAX under ocean 3d DVD it did the same thing. I thought I need to charge the battery and did that. However, still same thing. So, after spending a lot of time what I have noticed that when I have the 3d on, the right side of the glasses is a bit darker than the left. Something is wrong with the glasses I believe. I have attached a couple of pics here
LL
LL

post #456 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thupdhon View Post

I finally got time to check the projector again. Initially I thought the settings on the ps3 was wrong, but when I watched the IMAX under ocean 3d DVD it did the same thing. I thought I need to charge the battery and did that. However, still same thing. So, after spending a lot of time what I have noticed that when I have the 3d on, the right side of the glasses is a bit darker than the left. Something is wrong with the glasses I believe. I have attached a couple of pics here

More pcitures
LL
LL

post #457 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

anyone?

Did you see this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBjZWtDi08
post #458 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post

Did you see this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBjZWtDi08

Have now lol! there is some obvious sunlight on that though. still more pics and vids needed!!!

post #459 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

I can't imagine even dlplink glasses filtering that higher contrast very well but again haven't tried them.

They do a remarkable job so adjust your believe-ometer. So much so I have an Acer on the way that is DLP link only, that is how well that performs for me and I already have 4 glasses to go with the one pair that will come with that PJ.
post #460 of 621 Old 01-21-2012, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
While watching tonight I am having little white dots all over the screen. Any clue what could be causing that? I think it might be my hdmi cable. Hope its not the projector.

Still loving this thing, racing games are amazing
post #461 of 621 Old 01-22-2012, 04:43 PM

quick question.

How do you turn off the glasses that came with it?

No matter what i do, it blinks a red light
post #462 of 621 Old 01-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
there is no on and off switch, the glasses turn off automatically when they aren't in 3d mode for a little bit.

the other fellows glasses sound like they are defective.

for the screen, I got a 135 inch electric screen off ebay. 258 it usually is with free shipping. not bad for a screen. has some waves in it, but nothing that is really bothersome except when having the desktop of the computer displayed, can't see waves anyway when 3d is going.
post #463 of 621 Old 01-23-2012, 01:19 PM

I might someday have the GT750 hooked up to a pc with an ATI video card. Do the ATI cards only work with DLP link glasses or will they work with the RF glasses also ? I do mean for 3D gaming while using DDD 3D drivers or Tri-def 3D drivers used with an ATI Video card. In a case like that, are DLP link glasses the only kind that will work or will the RF glasses work also ?
post #464 of 621 Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM

I am having a color problem when watching blu rays on my ps3. I attached an image to show the problem.

Many highlights/shadows especially around reds are turning blue. I have tried turning down blue tint and played around with other setting but no luck.

Anyone else have this issue and could help?
post #465 of 621 Old 01-29-2012, 08:37 AM

Will my ir glasses from my samsung 3d plasma work with this projector?
post #466 of 621 Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 PM

I just picked up this projector. It is my first, so I'm looking for some help on projector basics.
-Does anyone have recommended picture settings for this projector?
-Do I need an hdmi 1.4a cable in order to display 3d?
-Will I benefit from buying a screen rather than just projecting on a wall.
-Is there anything i need to know that might not be obvious?
post #467 of 621 Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langers_2004 View Post

Will my ir glasses from my samsung 3d plasma work with this projector?

No they will not. They should work with other IR projectors that run off infer red. This projector uses RF frequencies instead of infer red. So you'd need new glasses no matter what.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/..._spec_6348.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommiWan View Post

I just picked up this projector. It is my first, so I'm looking for some help on projector basics.

You need hdmi 1.4 to maintain the full 720p quality. If you select side by side or top and bottom it takes the full 720p resolution and cuts in in half to be able to overlap the images to create 3d. If you do not use hdmi 1.4 you will be down to dvd quality if your lucky, it might be more closer to standard definition quality. Hdmi 1.4 uses the 240hz engine to flip between the two images at a rapid pace to create the 3d image. Which is why it maintains the full 720p quality. A 1080p projector would do the same thing, except there side by side mode would still yield 720p. With 3d there is hdmi 1.4a format, and sbs format.

Thats the bad thing about playing xbox 360 in 3d, since it requires side by side mode which causes a loss of quality. i'm not sure about the ps3 though, but if its the same way then that royally sucks to loose that much quality for video games, but the ps3 is hdmi 1.4 i think....

A screen will be a big plus since your wall could be dirty or have textures which can affect the image. Your better off buying a cheap screen off ebay than running it on your wall, unless you have a very smooth wall and clean it every day to keep it white.
post #468 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:

Go to a fabric store, ask for black-out cloth and just buy that. Very cheap and been using it for 4+ years
post #469 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:

There are no HDMI 1.4 cables.
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdm...i_1_4_faq.aspx

You just need a high speed hdmi cable, cable manufacturers aren't supposed to list a cable as a 1.4 cable, just high speed/ standard.

I had to turn the volume down to get it the projector to be quiet, just muting it, the volume would keep coming back on. Look in the lamp setting to put it in eco mode, it will save lamp life (unless you like the brighter picture). If hanging from a ceiling, use a ladder or other easy to move item to get your distance set.
post #470 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

All, I just returned my GT750 to Best Buy after trying it out for 30 days. I am attempting to make a triple-screen racing simulator using these short-throw 3D projectors, and already have two of the older GT720s. I got the 750 thinking it would be the main (center) one, and having it be HDMI 1.4 is nice bonus in case I get away from PC gaming and want to use it on consoles (single screen.) Anyway, I could never get the colors to match up to the GT720s on the sides, there is a pretty unsubtle difference no matter what I did to the settings. Also it didn't play nice in 3D w/ Nvidia 3D Vision like the older model did. Otherwise I liked it and the idea of the RF glasses over DLP Link or Nvidia's IR glasses.

But anyway, long story short, I found a real bargain. When I took back the $899 GT750, BB asked me if I wanted to look for a replacement. I had them look up the old SKU I found for the GT720 (even though it's no longer offered on Best Buy's website since it's about a year older model.) Well I'm glad I asked, cause SCORE! They had 5 in stock @ my local store and it was on clearance sale for $499. So $420 back on my credit card and walking out with the same resolution projector that works better for my situation anyway! So if you're considering the GT750 but don't necessarily need HDMI 1.4 3D support (or already have a 3D-XL or 3D-VIP adapter), check if they have the GT720 for that great price. It's BB SKU# 9809474
post #471 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 04:21 PM

You got a good deal!!

Im returning mine to best buy on Friday too. I thought it was 14-day return policy, but it doesnt matter if it is longer. They didnt have any extra 3D glasses so my wife couldnt try anything 3D with me, kinda stinks. Ill just have to wait until I take the plunge for a 1080p 3D projector from Amazon when I move in a few months.

I got it to basically see if I even liked 3D in a projector (answer is yes!).
post #472 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 04:29 PM

I have a question about the Digital Vertical Keystone on this projector.

Does this mean you can tilt the projector at an angle to move the picture higher or lower, if you can't physically move the projector farther up or down do to the projector being mounted as low to the floor or as high to the ceiling as it can go ?
So if you were to tilt it up or down,would the Digital Vertical Keystone correct for it and produce a square picture ?

Is any one here using the Digital Vertical Keystone on the GT750 ?
post #473 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
what happens if you ceiling mount this thing with the offset it has? my screen is 4 inches from the ceiling. the 4 inches is the electric housing and then the screen starts. maybe 5 inches if you count the inch of black border at the top. I'm guessing i would have tilt it up and then use keystone, will that be really bad? probably not doing it in this house, but i'll need to do it soon as the distance of this thing unfortunately puts the damn projector like a foot in front of the sofa. people practically trip over it and I really don't want to move further back from my screen.
post #474 of 621 Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM

Yes what robl45 said.
That is the type of setup I am talking about.
If the projector is all the way to the floor or ceiling can you tilt it up or down to raise or lower the picture and have Digital Vertical Keystone square-up the on screen image ?
post #475 of 621 Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 AM

With this unit, do you just buy glasses and that is it. The receiver is built into the unit?
post #476 of 621 Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

With this unit, do you just buy glasses and that is it. The receiver is built into the unit?

Yes basically. It is capable of decoding all the standard 3D formats via HDMI. It comes with a RF transmitter to support the Optoma/Monster 3D RF glasses or will support DLP link glasses.

Derek
post #477 of 621 Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

Yes basically. It is capable of decoding all the standard 3D formats via HDMI. It comes with a RF transmitter to support the Optoma/Monster 3D RF glasses or will support DLP link glasses.

Ok is that in the uk as i have just bought the gt750, there site lists this or the gt750 xl. The xl comes with glasses the 750 doesnt.
post #478 of 621 Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 AM

In USA.
The GT-750E Comes with an RF transmitter but no glasses.
The GT-750 comes with both the RF transmitter & glasses.
Don't think there is a GT-750 XL model in the USA, but I could be wrong on that.
post #479 of 621 Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture View Post

In USA.
The GT-750E Comes with an RF transmitter but no glasses.
The GT-750 comes with both the RF transmitter & glasses.
Don't think there is a GT-750 XL model in the USA, but I could be wrong on that.

Right ok.

Over here the 750 xl has glasses so...

im assuming the 750 has emitter but no glasses. Well i hope so.
post #480 of 621 Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Right ok.

Over here the 750 xl has glasses so...

im assuming the 750 has emitter but no glasses. Well i hope so.

Yea, I bet your right.
Optoma probably wants everyone to receive an emitter with their projector, the idea being people might also buy optoma's RF glasses if they already have the emitter.

When you think of it, just about anyone buying a projector is going to watch movies with other people most of the time. I bet if they would have put one pair of the RF-glasses in every GT750 box, they would have sold a ton more of those RF-glasses.
Only because most people are still buying their first 3D projector, so that one pair of RF-glasses would probably have been their only pair of 3D glasses, so they will need to buy more, and why not just buy more of the same...
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page