Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 429 Old 11-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglebuddies View Post

Is it possible to get the fan to run the other way on these clones? I imagine, from days of PC building that you could just plug the fan in the other way, or even physically flip it's position around and get these things to exhaust away from the lense.

Am I suffering from a serious case of I can think it so it must be easy enough to do?

No, but I think you're suffering from a serious case of stupid idea.

The direction of the fans and airflow across the internals is part of the design of the projector.... Sure, you could reverse the fans, but the projector isn't designed for it and the result could actually end up being worse. It's not made the way it is just to annoy you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 429 Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hi MCaugusto It's 11:40 PM June 18th 2012 and still no affordable 1080P 3D LED projector that people can buy for under $ 5,000.
I am on the Vivitek Qumi 7 and Acer K335 threads if you want to visit us and give us some of your advise.
Even if they could have made the projectors thicker and placed a square pixel DMD chip in we would have been happy.
post #423 of 429 Old 06-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Liked: 12
Actually it's 2013 but carry on lol...
post #424 of 429 Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Yes, I should have checked that before posting....
post #425 of 429 Old 06-21-2013, 11:47 AM

I may still pick one of these up at some point this summer for my little office setup to replace my 2 year old Optoma PT100....I've come to live with blurry startup focus with the Optoma so if that's the worst that can happen then no biggie..
post #426 of 429 Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy88 View Post

I may still pick one of these up at some point this summer for my little office setup to replace my 2 year old Optoma PT100....I've come to live with blurry startup focus with the Optoma so if that's the worst that can happen then no biggie..

Have you checked out the LG PA75U? 700 lumens, lots of features and mine has rock steady focus. I bought an Acer K330 in 12/2011 and have used it lots since then. It's been a nice projector. I've compared it side by side with the LG in my home though, and I like the image quality better on the LG. Features are no comparison...lots more on the LG.
post #427 of 429 Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 PM

Thanks, yeah I've been following closely the LED threads over the months. Sad thing is, I bought a used Panasonic LCD pj that has awesome features and is 720p but it died after only 2 hours. I'm going to send it in and see what happens since I only need 70" but at 10' distance so that I can shelf mount it behind me in my office.

Pretty much all of the LEDs currently without zoom have too short a throw ratio of 1.4-1.5, which produces an image much too large for my particular space over my desk and ceiling mounting isn't an option at this point.
post #428 of 429 Old 07-05-2013, 01:46 AM

I'm still waiting on the summer 2013 Canon LE-5W projector release.

love their cameras, projector should be just as solid?

if nothing else the lens and focus should be amazing, right.

I've given up waiting for 1080p, I'll take really good led 720p for under $900.
post #429 of 429 Old 07-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member

This is what I read on Wikipedia so take it for what it's worth and a grain of salt.
So yes the people here on AVS might tell us otherwise.
The diamond pixels do present some unusual benefits and trade offs.

They say that yes with the diamond shape pixels it will make the computer graphics with the native resolution more grainy by a tiny amount.
Unless someone has a different experiance and tell us otherwise they say though that at compressed resolutions that it's much better than with compressed resolutions on a square shape pixel grid.
Movies displayed on a diamond vs a square shape pixel grid that there is no noticeable difference.
I did a double take on that and it must have been talking about 720P compressed or not.
Now what they do say is that movies compressed on a diamond shape pixel grid with a 1080P input signal " movies at 1080p are exceptionally accurate " for not being true 1080P.
Yes take it with a grain of salt from any information from them and I hope someone can come up with other information that could back this claim up.
So what they are saying is that in GUI computer graphics the square pixel grid wins hands down.
However with compression of a 1080P signal into a 720p or 1280 X 800 diamond shape pixel grid projector that it has a more accurate showing of the 1080P compressed than over a square pixel grid projector.
What I take from this ? if I am not going to use a diamond shape pixel grid projector for computer graphics and only for movies, games than I am no worse off using a diamond shape pixel grid projector over a square shape pixel grid projector and in fact the diamond shape pixel grid projector does a better job at compressing the 1080P signal down for the projector.
Your right, I can live with the 1280X800 and be happy as long as the focus is good, the picture looks great and I can enjoy it.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page