I've been reading your posts for quite a while and now I decided to make a bit of noise. This afternoon my K330 went faulty, the boot up takes a lot longer and the HDMI port is dead. I bought the projector two months ago from Amazon.de
I contacted Acer here in South Africa and they told me that unlike the laptops, the projectors do not come with international warranty and if I want it repaired by them they will charge me for the repairs. Next thing I contacted Amazon.de asking about the procedures to be followed for sending the projector for repairs, obviously apologising for using English (when I ordered the projector I used Google translate), they answered my query in English in no time (less than 5 minutes). Tomorrow I will send the projector to them for repairs, they specified that it might be repaired or just replaced.
I miss my projector already, what would you advise me to get as a backup?
I used the Acer mainly for watching movies and TV in the following configuration:
1. Playon HD2 (full HD) media player via HDMI cable 15 meter long. I did not come across with a movie file that this thing can not play. In fact I have two of this players, the other one is the older version HD1 and both of them can access the movie files stored in an Asus NAS server at the same time. Some people are complaining about this player but for me, for what I use it, it works like a charm.
2. DVB-T USB receiver on a laptop using a VGA cable for watching TV.
3. Motorised 3mx3m white screen with 0 gain
4. Ceiling, rail mounted Acer K330. I used a Manhattan universal ceiling mount I bought from Esquire (a local computer supplier). I went to a local hardware store and I found a very strong rail 2 meter long used for sliding doors with a roller made for it which has 4 wheels with bearings. The ceiling mount is fitted on the roller. This rail is fitted on the ceiling, the mount is fitted in the roller and by by turning around the mount (screwing or unscrewing the roller bolt) you can slide or lock the roller in place. Parallel with this rail I have another light curtain rail which holds the cables. With this setting I can set the projector at 2.4m to 4.4m from the screen in no time. I usually keep the projector at about 4.4m from the screen and the image fills my 3m wide screen. I will post a picture of the setting when I will get back the projector from repairs (now it looks ugly without it).
5. Sound via optical cable from the Playon to the Samsung Home theatre
All in all I am very happy with this projector, it is great for the money I paid for it.