ACER K330 LED 1280x800 - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 935 Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have found with the 300 Lumen projector that I do have now the picture looks fine when I set the black level down to around 55 and the contrast to about 70.
Best results would to have light control in the room and darken as best as you can possibly get it.
I noticed one time I got a AV disk to calibrate TVs and Projectors, and I calibrated my mom's old CRT SONY HD TV and after I got done using the calibration disk the picture looked so much better.
I noticed that the black and white level and the contrast according to the disk was set lower that what most people do with their TVs or projectors.
Most people think that TVs and Projectors should be set in the high range of 80s 90s for TVs and projectors.
However, I read on one of these Audio video websites or projector websites and those who calibrate these every day say that actually you should set those black and white levels and contrast lower than what most people set them at.
They said that your eyes will eventually adjust to the darkness of the room.
I tried it one time and yes, your eyes do adjust to the lower settings of the black and white and contrast settings.
The best way that the long time members on this forum and the professionals would say that people should at least invest in a fairly priced HD 3-D Blueray Audio-video calibration disk to properly calibrate your projectors, your LED TVs, LCD TVs and so on.
You might be actually amazed after calibration that the normal settings would be fine or even eco-mode.
When the black, white, and contrast settings are set lower, your black levels would get a little better unless your dark or night time scenes in movies, TV , games are intolerable to watch.
In the end, projectors should have a good calibration after opening the box from the manufacturer and or every 6 months what ever the instructions or professionals recommend to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 935 Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Acer K330 is today $500 ($499.99 plus $10 shipping), April 15, 2012, on Amazon (through CircuitCity.com or Tigerdirect.com) and directly on the CircuitCity and Tigerdirect sites. I bought the Acer K330 back in November on sale for the same deal.
I enjoy my Acer, though last night while watching "The Descendants", that very annoying signal drop issue happened again, when I thought it had disappeared. Some movies it runs without a dropout and on others, it has several dropouts.The Acer logo pops on the screen for about three seconds and then the image returns.
Today, I'm installing an inline HDMI signal repeater ($20 Auvio Simplay at RadioShack) to boost the signal on the 25 foot cable from the receiver to the projector to help the problem. I really do like the picture quality I'm getting from the Acer K330, but not those few seconds when the signal is lost. Others with a more shorter HDMI cable run may have no problems, and I may also try moving the blu-ray player closer to the projector also.
If I were getting one of the clone projectors again, it would be the ViewSonic PLED-W500, though it seems to remain at $699, (except for a one-time ebay deal for around $489 that some have posted about on the ViewSonic PLED-W500 forum, which may not happen again if they sell well enough at $699).
The scenery of Hawaii in the film last night was awesome.

Update: Just after posting this, I wondered if the ViewSonic PLED-W500 has ever exhibited the same HDMI signal drop issue.
On the inquirer.net site, a reviewer noted the same momentary signal drop on a test review of a ViewSonic PLED-W500, link here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ojector-review

A quote from the review:
-->> However, despite the good picture quality we found that the picture cut out at regular intervals when the projector was connected to a PS3 via an HDMI cable. The
projected image would abruptly cut to the Viewsonic logo as it began "searching" for the signal and the picture would reappear after about five seconds.
The Viewsonic logo would appear every 10 or so minutes either mid-game or during a movie. <<--
End quote. Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ojector-review

Now, I do still prefer watching films on my 120 inch screen with the Acer projector better than on my 52 inch Samsung 120 Hz LCD TV, even if the signals drops for a few seconds during a movie on the projector; the image size and cinema-like quality is like being at the movie theater. I won't stop looking for a resolution to the signal drop if any, as I go on watching films.
post #723 of 935 Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After I discovered this Deep Color setting on my media player I have not yet had any drops so far. Have not been watching much movies lately but have been playing on the WII all weekend without a problem. I do have a very long cable from my media player to the projector (10 or 15 meter). The one to thw wii is only a 2 meter cable. I think one of them is a 1.3 and the other a 1.4 standard.
post #724 of 935 Old 04-16-2012, 01:40 PM

Liked: 23
I have the PLED-W500 and it does lose the sync signal a lot on HDMI. So, annoying. When I have it connected to my desk top and my HDTV is connected at the same time, the sync issue is nonexistent. So if the repeater fixes the problem, I'm going to buy one ASAP.

BTW I picked it up from TigerDirect for $469 about a month ago. No Audio out though
post #725 of 935 Old 04-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Thank you for the post about, Rugrash. What a fantastic deal you got on the ViewSonic PLED-W500 for under $500! Could it be that the HDMI dropout is a "clone" projector problem, not limited to just the Acer K330? I have read that the ViewSonic PLED-W500 and the Acer K330 are very close in performance, with the big exception that the PLED-W500 is the only clone projector that can display 3D over HDMI; if had a PLED-W500 instead of an Acer K330, I'd get the ViewSonic VP3D1 3D HD Processor (currently $200 on Amazon), just to try out 3D.
The Radio Shack HDMI repeater is an improvement, but does not totally eliminate the HDMI dropout issue. With it installed, the droputs are somewhat less frequent, and just as importantly, the time it takes the picture to come back seems shorter when a drop does occur, so for $20, I'm keeping it.
I found that HDMI signal drops have been known on many, many different types of devices, not just these projectors. A search on this AVSForum for 'HDMI signal drop" shows results for Panasonic, Sony, Sharp Aquos, and Samsung tvs, PS3, XBox, receivers, computer video cards, and more devices. It is known that HDMI "handshake" protocols can mess up signal connections.
I have a DVico Tvix HD tuner connected via HDMI to my Yamaha receiver, and it does not exhibit the drop-out issues even over hours of watching HDTV. It seems that some blu-ray discs may have heavier, more problematic HDMI handshake copy-protection, which aggravates the problem. Some of my blu-rays play fine, while others have 3 or 4 drops of 2 to 3 seconds during the film.
Blu-ray players seem to vary in HDMI issues as well; my older Samsung blu-ray player had much more dropped signals than my new Panasonic blu-ray player when I tried each one connected to the Acer K330.
Back in November, I sold my like new Vizio 55" 120Hz 1080P for $500, just what it cost me to get the Acer K330, which replaced the Vizio LCD flatscreen in the living room. I don't regret getting the projector over the 55" hdtv. The 120" projector screen is more than four times the screen area of the 55" flatscreen, and it's image quality looks so much more like cinema. I'll continue to search for solutions to the HDMI drop; maybe a future firmware update will fix the problem, but even with a few seconds of picture dropout in a two-hour film, (and none from my HD tuner) these projectors are currently the best home theater experience that $500 will buy! This LED DLP HD projector won't be the last one I buy, at some point I'll upgrade it, but that time could be many, many hours of huge screen viewing until then.
post #726 of 935 Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM

Liked: 23
I saw where someone is using the 3DFury successfully with ML500, it's a 3D converter like the 3D-XL and VP3D1. I've been eyeing it, waiting for more user reviews.
http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25448
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post21901836

I'm just not sure if it's worth the $399 that they want for it, when a VP3D1 is $200.

It does have some attractive features over the others though. Like a reprogrammable E-Prom, Audio out port, Vesa Emitter port. Plus, it supports more resolutions and displays than what the others do. They say you can use it with a non 3D TV, no idea how good that would be. I do wonder though, if it could fix the signal drop issue.
post #727 of 935 Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 PM

ANY interruption in the presentation of the picture and sound of movie is undesirable, of course.
When watching blu-ray discs through my projector (an Acer K330), I got picture drop-out at random intervals, like some other users of these clone projectors. To possibly correct the interruption, I have connected an APC brand UPS (uninterruptable power supply) battery backup to my home theater system; specifically, I plugged a Tripp-Lite surge suppressor into the AC wall outlet, then plugged the APC UPS into the Tripp-Lite surge suppressor, and THEN I plugged my componets; a Yamaha Receiver, Panasonic blu-ray player, and HDMI in-line signal repeater/booster into the APS battery backup, in the battery-supported sockets. The battery backup UPS seems to stabilize the signal so far. Maybe even micro disturbances in the power level supply are interrupting the HDMI synch signal, thus causing the intermittent drop outs. In any event, using a UPS should not be bad for the components, so I am using a UPS now.
post #728 of 935 Old 04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKnox View Post

ANY interruption in the presentation of the picture and sound of movie is undesirable, of course.
When watching blu-ray discs through my projector (an Acer K330), I got picture drop-out at random intervals, like some other users of these clone projectors. To possibly correct the interruption, I have connected an APC brand UPS (uninterruptable power supply) battery backup to my home theater system; specifically, I plugged a Tripp-Lite surge suppressor into the AC wall outlet, then plugged the APC UPS into the Tripp-Lite surge suppressor, and THEN I plugged my componets; a Yamaha Receiver, Panasonic blu-ray player, and HDMI in-line signal repeater/booster into the APS battery backup, in the battery-supported sockets. The battery backup UPS seems to stabilize the signal so far. Maybe even micro disturbances in the power level supply are interrupting the HDMI synch signal, thus causing the intermittent drop outs. In any event, using a UPS should not be bad for the components, so I am using a UPS now.

So, has it worked?

Jack
post #729 of 935 Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 PM

I have a big problem. I have the PLED W500 which is basically the same. for some reason if I go to the LED calibration settings right when it starts up with nothing plugged in the settings are normal and look fine(221/239/21) but when I choose any source like vga or hdmi and then it looks all greenish and dim, then I go back to LED calibration settings and it says (90/166/94). There is now way for me to change these settings? my pj is useless no becuase the colors are off and its so dim.
post #730 of 935 Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello, I am new here. Would you recommend me this projector (Acer K330)? Or are there still a lot of bugs?

Thanks for reply!
post #731 of 935 Old 04-22-2012, 01:13 PM

Running my blu-ray player, HDMI receiver, and HDMI inline booster plugged into the battery-backup plugs on the APC UPS (Uninterrupatble Power Supply) has so far resulted in no HDMI picture dropouts on the Acer K330!
That's after two nights, three blu-rays, and lots of HDTV broadcast viewing. All components are at the front of the room, on a rack under the screen, all plugged into battery-backup, except for the Acer K330 which is high up almost to the ceiling at the back wall. I'll put a battery-backup on the Acer K330 next, because the results are good so far. Could it be the HDMI dropouts were due to signal noise coming in through the power lines, which the battery backup now filters out? It's well worth the $40 for the UPS !
post #732 of 935 Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM

Tythebuilder, with your Viewsonic PLED-W500, I would try turning on the projector and letting it run for 20 minutes or however long it takes to reach stable operating temperature, even if it is showing awful colors during that time, just let it run, go do something else and come back to it. Then after the warmup, I'd go to the LED calibrations and re-calibrate. I have re-calibrated my Acer LEDs about once every 60 days, but always when the projector is at level running temperature.
post #733 of 935 Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 PM

Ok, thank you I got it re-calibrated. I had to use the controls on the PJ to re-calibrate if you do it with the remote it won't work I found. Its looking allot better but I'm still trying to get the most accurate colors I can still. My pj also has some uneven focus, I can drive it the the local Viewsonic repair shop near me but i'm wondering if that is something that they can actually fix? what do you think Ronknox
post #734 of 935 Old 04-22-2012, 06:50 PM

As always whenever I make adjustments, I let the projector fully warmup so it will not drift due to heating up (good thing these LED projectors have such a long runtime, so it's no issue to let it run extra minutes to warm up).
Then to get the best focus, on the initial setup, I turned off the auto-keystone correction in the menu and made sure that the manual keystone was set at an even "0", no plus or minus adjustment either way. Then I checked to make sure that the projector wasn't tilting up, down, left, or right; just straight onto the screen. This can be checked by aligning the vertical and horizontal border of the projected image so that the image is straight veritcally and horizontally with the edges of the screen (provided the screen is hanging level and flat of course, or use a wall to project on).
If the projector is tilted even slightly down for example, the image will be narrower across the top of the image and get wider as it runs down to the bottom (forming a "keystone" shape). Alignment is done to get the image straight and to help ensure that the lens being tilted doesn't cause an area of the screen to be out of focus.
Of course, some people are reporting uneven focus even when all these things are set straight, I suppose due to variances in the accuracy of the lens assembly. When everything was set, and warmed up, I then adjusted the focus ring to get the focus to be the best it could be. I even used binoculars while back at the projector, and adjusting the lens to get a closer up look at the pixel structure to get it in best focus. I watch the 120 inch screen at a distance of 12 feet away, and I don't notice any focus issues from that distance. I can see some focus off very slightly at the edges of the top and bottom, at three feet away and closer, but I never watch it that close!
These are the things I have done to get the best focus anyway; if anyone else has any ideas, please post. I can definitely recommend one of these "clone" projectors: Acer K330 (which I have), Viewsonic PLED-W500, Optoma ML500, or NEC L50W. Viewsonic is best for 3D through the HDMI and a 3D source, using the Viewsonic VP3D1 3D processor. I like the color adjustment accuracy best on the Acer K330.
Yes, if are not getting clear focus using these methods, it would be worth getting the Viewsonic PLED-W500 serviced and set right if you can get it to a repair center.
post #735 of 935 Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Viewsonic PLED 500 PJ.
The colours on the PJ are completely wonky.
I wanted to know if somebody has successfully tweaked the LED calibration on one of the clones.
I am coming from a LG HS201 which had far-far superior colours compared to what i have on this currently. (current LED config)
Everything on this PJ currently has a Tinge of Green on it.
And there are no controls for HUE.
The Reds are only visible on the brightest mode setting.
I tried the service menu and reset the calibnration data.
I am unable to change the values back since it requires some sort of computer program to change the values back.
The colours have become even greener now.
Request your help please!!
Cheers
post #736 of 935 Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidglide View Post

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Viewsonic PLED 500 PJ.
The colours on the PJ are completely wonky.
I wanted to know if somebody has successfully tweaked the LED calibration on one of the clones.
I am coming from a LG HS201 which had far-far superior colours compared to what i have on this currently. (current LED config)
Everything on this PJ currently has a Tinge of Green on it.
And there are no controls for HUE.
The Reds are only visible on the brightest mode setting.
I tried the service menu and reset the calibnration data.
I am unable to change the values back since it requires some sort of computer program to change the values back.
The colours have become even greener now.
Request your help please!!
Cheers

did you try re-calibrating LEDs through the normal menu?
post #737 of 935 Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 PM

I did the normal LED calibration. The picture is better now for sure. The greenish tinge is gone now but, the saturation levels that i used to sooo... enjoy with LG HS201 are still not there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tythebuilder View Post

did you try re-calibrating LEDs through the normal menu?

post #738 of 935 Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Dear all..

ive been an ardent reader of this thread.. and finally i decided on the ACER K330.. i live in india and in an area where power fluctuations are frequent. So do i need to connect the projector to a voltage stabilizer. Mr RonKnox i appreciate ur enthusiasm in big screens and i think we share the same ideologies. So probably by next week end i will be having my ACER K 330. Will let u all know abt the performance details ..

thank you
post #739 of 935 Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidglide View Post

I did the normal LED calibration. The picture is better now for sure. The greenish tinge is gone now but, the saturation levels that i used to sooo... enjoy with LG HS201 are still not there.

If your connected to your pc then you could bump up the saturation there or what ever source your on. Ether way your not going to get the same Saturation as the LG because the Viewsonic is allot brighter. you can try running in eco mode maybe you will the like the colors more.
post #740 of 935 Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Liked: 11
Hi,
I have some very quick questions. I would be appreciated if you could answer.

1- Acer K330 does not support srt subtitles. But, it is stated in the media manual of K330 that it does support (on pages 23 and 25). Will there be any f/w upgrade to fix this issue?

2- I have installed the latest firmware (Firmware_Acer_B0917_K330). There is no sharpness and some other adjustments (such as moving the image to the left/right) in the setup menu. But, in some reviews on the net these adjustments exist. The f/w installed in my device provides limited adjustments. Are there different firmwares (?) loaded in different units?

3- I have a USB flash drive which is nearly full. When I insert this USB flash thunb drive to the USB A input, it is not recognized by the Acer K330. However when I attempt to connect another one (nearly half of its full capacity is used) it can be read by the projector. So what can make this PJ not to recognize the first thumb drive?

Thanks.
post #741 of 935 Old 05-02-2012, 12:39 AM

Any body heard about ACER K 332 a new model ...??
post #742 of 935 Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehbi View Post

2- I have installed the latest firmware (Firmware_Acer_B0917_K330). There is no sharpness and some other adjustments (such as moving the image to the left/right) in the setup menu. But, in some reviews on the net these adjustments exist. The f/w installed in my device provides limited adjustments. Are there different firmwares (?) loaded in different units?

The available adjustments depend on the signal source and resolution. Some are only available in composite AV, some only in VGA, some only in HDMI and some only in 720p HDMI. The settings you mention are analog adjustments and aren't relevant for HDMI, which is presumably what you're using.

The other two questions I can't answer other than to guess that in all likelihood there aren't going to be any more firmware updates. If there are any, they will be to correct serious bugs and not add functionality.
post #743 of 935 Old 05-06-2012, 04:51 AM

I wrote the Acer about the issues, in particular the subtitle issue. I am hoping they are going to release a new firmware supporting subtitles.
post #744 of 935 Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 AM

I gave up on the built-in player since it can't play most MPEG4(-derived) content found on the net. I just had a go and couldn't get it to show .srt subtitles either.
post #745 of 935 Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Vishnuravig, I definitely share your enthusiasm for big screen cinema !
The film-like, 120 inch cinematic image my Acer K330 produces is more engaging than any flat screen I have ever seen, even over the Sharp 80 inch LCD HDTV, which I checked out in a store, and that set costs over $4000!
As of today (May 6, 2012), the Acer K330 is $499.99 with free shipping at Tigerdirect.com.
I bought an Acer K330 at that price back in November; it is usually $599, but often goes on sale.
I have absolutely been loving my Acer K330, especially since I discovered that using a battery back-up on all connected devices has stopped the HDMI drop-out problems that I, like many other Acer K330 and other clone users, had experienced. I was having some intermittent noise come in through the AC power lines and the electronic noise was causing the HDMI signal to drop for two or three seconds, every half hour or so on average, but the APC battery-backup has apparently fixed all that. I have watched my Acer K330 for days now without a dropout, ever since I installed a battery backup power supply.
For a short while, I had thought that I might like the Viewsonic PLED-W500 more than my Acer K330, but not anymore. I do not plan to setup a 3D projection system now (which is the main advantage of the Viewsonic PLED-W500, since it works in 3D over HDMI, via the Viewsonic VP3D1, about $200); maybe I'll do 3D on the next generation of LED DLP projectors, whenever they are available.
The Acer K330 is the best of the clone LED DLP HD projectors right now, seems to me.
Considering the problems with colors that users of the Viewsonic PLED-W500 have reported, I'm glad that I have no problems with the color accuracy of the Acer K330.
Yes, the bugs are worked out of the Acer K330; if you have older house wiring or in any way have problems with intermittent HDMI picture dropouts, then use a battery-backup to power your components (blu-ray player, receiver, HDTV tuner box, and any input source to the projector).
A Panasonic TH-103PF12U, a 103 inch Plasma sells for over $30,000; it's also 443 pounds and uses 1400 watts power. The 108 inch Sharp LB-1085, LCD flatscreen weighs 430 pounds, uses 1130 watts, and sells for over $100,000 ! Unless price, weight, and power usage are not factors to consider, projectors are a better choice at sizes larger than about 70 inches or so.
Yes, flatscreens are way brighter, and 1080P, but these clone LED DLP projectors produce an amazing picture in a controlled-light environment for a fraction of the cost. My Acer K330 (under 3 pounds), is displaying a nice, even larger, 120 inch image size.
It all depends on personal preferences, and I prefer an LED DLP over flatscreens for film watching.
post #746 of 935 Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Vishnuravig, I definitely share your enthusiasm for big screen cinema !
The film-like, 120 inch cinematic image my Acer K330 produces is more engaging than any flat screen I have ever seen, even over the Sharp 80 inch LCD HDTV, which I checked out in a store, and that set costs over $4000!
As of today (May 6, 2012), the Acer K330 is $499.99 with free shipping at Tigerdirect.com.
I bought an Acer K330 at that price back in November; it is usually $599, but often goes on sale.
I have absolutely been loving my Acer K330, especially since I discovered that using a battery back-up on all connected devices has stopped the HDMI drop-out problems that I, like many other Acer K330 and other clone users, had experienced. I was having some intermittent noise come in through the AC power lines and the electronic noise was causing the HDMI signal to drop for two or three seconds, every half hour or so on average, but the APC battery-backup has apparently fixed all that. I have watched my Acer K330 for days now without a dropout, ever since I installed a battery backup power supply.
For a short while, I had thought that I might like the Viewsonic PLED-W500 more than my Acer K330, but not anymore. I do not plan to setup a 3D projection system now (which is the main advantage of the Viewsonic PLED-W500, since it works in 3D over HDMI, via the Viewsonic VP3D1, about $200); maybe I'll do 3D on the next generation of LED DLP projectors, whenever they are available.
The Acer K330 is the best of the clone LED DLP HD projectors right now, seems to me.
Considering the problems with colors that users of the Viewsonic PLED-W500 have reported, I'm glad that I have no problems with the color accuracy of the Acer K330.
Yes, the bugs are worked out of the Acer K330; if you have older house wiring or in any way have problems with intermittent HDMI picture dropouts, then use a battery-backup to power your components (blu-ray player, receiver, HDTV tuner box, and any input source to the projector).
A Panasonic TH-103PF12U, a 103 inch Plasma sells for over $30,000; it's also 443 pounds and uses 1400 watts power. The 108 inch Sharp LB-1085, LCD flatscreen weighs 430 pounds, uses 1130 watts, and sells for over $100,000 ! Unless price, weight, and power usage are not factors to consider, projectors are a better choice at sizes larger than about 70 inches or so.
Yes, flatscreens are way brighter, and 1080P, but these clone LED DLP projectors produce an amazing picture in a controlled-light environment for a fraction of the cost. My Acer K330 (under 3 pounds), is displaying a nice, even larger, 120 inch image size.
It all depends on personal preferences, and I prefer an LED DLP over flatscreens for film watching.

Dear RonKnox, i sincerely thank you for the valuable information. I live in an area where power fluctuations do occur frequently and more over my house wiring is nearly 30 years old!!!. So as per ur recommendation i will be installing a stablized back up source... Waiting for my K330 to arrive...The dealer is telling a waiting time of 2 weeks

btw does it require a completely dark room..or some ambient light will do??.

thanks and regards...
post #747 of 935 Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM

I am using my Acer K330 with a 2 watt, 50 lumen LED lamp light at the back of the viewing room, that is mounted in a black metal lamp shade that faces AWAY from the screen at the front of the room. So, yes there is just enough light shining on the floor at the back of the viewing room to see where to walk and sit, not enough to read or anything though, but a nice even low, light.
Very importantly though . . . no light shines directly onto the screen; the lamp shade turned away from the screen shields the image from direct light. This way, the screen image looks great; nice blacks, and vivid colors. Now, in the other back corner of the same room, I have a larger floor standing lamp, and I can turn that 60 watt lamp on and still see the picture, but the blacks are washed out and look gray, and the color less vivid. I turn on the larger floor lamp only when I'm cleaning up the room and such, but I watch movies and television with only the dim light on at the back of the room.
My house and its electrical wiring was built in 1968 (44 years old!), so I was getting AC line noise and signal interruption before the battery backup unit cleared it all up. Also, the $60 battery backup is really good insurance, to protect my much more expensive Acer K330. By the way, I also use a regular $12 power surge strip plugged into the wall outlet first to help protect the battery backup from getting burned out!
post #748 of 935 Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 PM

Got a replacement for my Viewsonic Pled 500.
This one jas excellent colours .
post #749 of 935 Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:

I am using my Acer K330 with a 2 watt, 50 lumen LED lamp light at the back of the viewing room, that is mounted in a black metal lamp shade that faces AWAY from the screen at the front of the room. So, yes there is just enough light shining on the floor at the back of the viewing room to see where to walk and sit, not enough to read or anything though, but a nice even low, light.
Very importantly though . . . no light shines directly onto the screen; the lamp shade turned away from the screen shields the image from direct light. This way, the screen image looks great; nice blacks, and vivid colors. Now, in the other back corner of the same room, I have a larger floor standing lamp, and I can turn that 60 watt lamp on and still see the picture, but the blacks are washed out and look gray, and the color less vivid. I turn on the larger floor lamp only when I'm cleaning up the room and such, but I watch movies and television with only the dim light on at the back of the room.
My house and its electrical wiring was built in 1968 (44 years old!), so I was getting AC line noise and signal interruption before the battery backup unit cleared it all up. Also, the $60 battery backup is really good insurance, to protect my much more expensive Acer K330. By the way, I also use a regular $12 power surge strip plugged into the wall outlet first to help protect the battery backup from getting burned out!

Thank you sir. that was enough information to plan my room arrangements...will let you know when i get mine...

thanks and regards....
post #750 of 935 Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 PM

1- I need to change the default charset to Win-1254. The K330 does not support my language. So I have to replace the internal player's charset by the Win-1254. Does anybody know how I can do that?

2- The powerpoint presantation can not be seen on the screen properly. Photos and the notes on the slides are not positioned where they should be. They are overlapping. I think this is beause of the high resolution of the PJ. If I decrease it to a lower resolution value, then I believe that I will have better presentation. How can I decrease the screen resolution?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Acer K330 Portable Home Theater Projector , Projectors , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - K330 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page