BenQ W700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 78 Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm interested in this projector, which looks to have pretty good specs for the money. High contrast, long lamp life and high brightness.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-W700.htm

Any ideas when/if it will be available in North America? It looks to only be available in Europe right now, not listed on the American BenQ site.

Also, no reviews seem to have been posted yet...any early buyers in Europe out there willing to share their thoughts?

Think I would really be gaining much over the 600+ to wait for it to come here?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 Old 09-11-2011, 08:26 AM

I was trying to know the same, there are any reviews out there yet, the only one I found was in the "moneycontrol" site.
If someone has bought it please leave a comment. I can decide between this one and the Acer H5360.

Andre
post #3 of 78 Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 AM

Me 2!

The Benq W710ST or the Optoma GT750e.
I need a 3D short throw projector so I don't have a lot choices.
post #4 of 78 Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM

Liked: 11
Hello Blalien, I have ordred the BenQ w700 last week and I will post an unboxing video and a review once I receive it.

I already wrote an article on my website on why I chose BenQ W700 over other brands for that price here: http://travel-photo-souvenir.com/hig...on-and-optoma/

I hope the BenQ W700 will meet my expectation

Kimo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 78 Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 PM

I saw your post yesterday, very good indeed. Look foward to see your review. Will you be testing it in 3D as well? I was going for the Acer H5360, everyone says wonders about it, but its almost 2 years now since it was launched. From the specs this new Benq W700 will be much better.
post #6 of 78 Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blalien View Post

Me 2!

The Benq W710ST or the Optoma GT750e.
I need a 3D short throw projector so I don't have a lot choices.

The w710ST sounds pretty cool. They should make 1080p ST as well.

I wonder how well their 10,000:1 contrast ratio will play... That exceeds the W1200's claimed contrast ratio by a whole fold....

I Love Apple, BenQ, Samsung, and Acer Products = )
post #7 of 78 Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoProjector View Post

Hello Blalien, I have ordred the BenQ w700 last week and I will post an unboxing video and a review once I receive it.

I already wrote an article on my website on why I chose BenQ W700 over other brands for that price here: http://travel-photo-souvenir.com/hig...on-and-optoma/

I hope the BenQ W700 will meet my expectation

Kimo

Was that your article! I read it like two days ago.
Very curious about your video and review!

@ chumpchange21
Sounds nice a 1080p ST, but then it will be out of my price range.
1080p ST with hdmi 1.4 !
post #8 of 78 Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badelhas View Post

I saw your post yesterday, very good indeed. Look foward to see your review. Will you be testing it in 3D as well? I was going for the Acer H5360, everyone says wonders about it, but its almost 2 years now since it was launched. From the specs this new Benq W700 will be much better.

Unfortunately not, I dont have neither a NVIDIA Vision enbabled PC nor A 3d glasses

I hate to say this but the reception of the Package will be delayed, this is what I have been told. I can't wait ! Please try to be patient like I am trying to do
adambmoodie likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 78 Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Good News ! I have received the BenQ W700.

I will give more info this weekend

post #10 of 78 Old 09-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Thats great news!
post #11 of 78 Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Whoohoo!
Congratulations!

Looking forward too it!
post #12 of 78 Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 PM

BenQ W700 unboxing + video Sample
http://travel-photo-souvenir.com/blo...t-impressions/

post #13 of 78 Old 09-17-2011, 04:23 AM

Nice first video.
Looking forward to the next one with more details about the picture quality and rainbow effect.
post #14 of 78 Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 AM

Kimo, I saw your unboxing video and it rocks. I wanna thank you for beeing the first to review it. Have you ever had a projector before or its your first one? What screen will you use with it? I am very curious to read or review!
I will order mine this week, cant take the anxiety anymore

Andre
post #15 of 78 Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 PM

Bad news:
I have a problem with the BenQ W700. I was watching a movie and suddenly the screen goes off and the lamp indicator was on with a strange smell (I guess it means problem with the lamp).
when you restarted it. it will work normally. Looks like an overheating issue... Did anyone experience such problem with other BenQ projector?

I guess I need to change this product...

@Badelhas: I a using the wall as a screen

post #16 of 78 Old 09-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Thats some bad news...i´m sorry to hear that. But after that problem the projector functions normaly or it stoped working completly?
post #17 of 78 Old 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM

as I mentioned: when you restarted it. it will work normally
that's why I think it is an overheating issue...

post #18 of 78 Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 PM

What about the rainbow effect in drk scenes, does it bother you? I ask that because I discovered that the Benq W700 has a 2x color wheel speed, while the Acer H5360 has a 3x speed, therefore the Acer causes less effect.

Andre
post #19 of 78 Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:

What about the rainbow effect in drk scenes, does it bother you? I ask that because I discovered that the Benq W700 has a 2x color wheel speed, while the Acer H5360 has a 3x speed, therefore the Acer causes less effect.

Andre

Well, I have been told that BenQ actually have 3x Color speed like the Acer one. the Rainbow effect appears when there is Black and white colors next to each other. Like subtitle with black background, Or in Sherlock holmes movie at the beginning where the actors are wearing Black suits and white shirts, the rainbow effect is visible on those white shirts.

in the other hand, in the Final Fantasy 13 trailer, the Rainbow effect are not visible. Also when playing Pro evolution soccer they are not visible

post #20 of 78 Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM

Did you buy it already??? I am excited for you. Let us know how it is.

~
post #21 of 78 Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 AM

Kimo, you have been told by who, a Benq technician? Because I searched the web and couldnt find any info on the speed of the color wheel and if it uses the DarkChip 3 from Texas Instruments (supposed to be better than darkchip 2). That info is holding me from buying this projector. Otherwise I will buy the Acer H5360, that has great reviews. The Acer has been discontinued but we can still find it in shops for 489€, opposed to the 600€ for the Benq W700 (at least here in Portugal).
Once again, thanks for been the first person to buy thus PJ and talking about it
Andre
post #22 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:

Kimo, you have been told by who, a Benq technician? Because I searched the web and couldnt find any info on the speed of the color wheel and if it uses the DarkChip 3 from Texas Instruments (supposed to be better than darkchip 2). That info is holding me from buying this projector. Otherwise I will buy the Acer H5360, that has great reviews. The Acer has been discontinued but we can still find it in shops for 489€, opposed to the 600€ for the Benq W700 (at least here in Portugal).
Once again, thanks for been the first person to buy thus PJ and talking about it
Andre

http://www.projektoren-datenbank.com/pro/index.php

Got this link from a Benq technician, just type w710st/w700 on te left.
6 Farbrad RGBCYW mit 3-facher Geschwindigkeit
post #23 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 04:06 AM

Still couldnt make up my mind if I should buy the Acer H5360 or the Benq W700. The H5360 has been discontinued, while the W700 is new. The Acer has less lamp life and less contrast but its 110€ cheaper and has a 6 segment 3x color wheel speed (9000rpm) opposed to the 6 segment 2x color wheel speed (7200rpm) of the Benq.
Can you guys say if the Rainbow effect is much worst in a 2x color wheel speed, comparing to the 3x of the Acer? I feel I should buy the Benq because its new but because there arent any reviews I am terribly confused...I would apreciate to hear your opinions.

André
post #24 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 07:37 AM

See my previous post, plus I found this on youtube:

I think I'm going to buy the w710st this week.
post #25 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 08:35 AM

Thanks you for the video but its not the same projector. the w710st is a short throw projector, you could have it very close from the wall and still have a 80´´ screen and has 2500 lumens. The w700 is a normal projector, with 2200 lumens.

Andre
post #26 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 12:45 PM

Np, but the projectors are almost identical. The only differences are the lumens and the throwing distance as far as I can tell.

Today I orderd the w710st with a 160cm x 90cm screen.
Should be big enough for my room.
post #27 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 02:36 PM

Hi guys,

I’ve just bought my first projector and guess what, it’s the brand new Benq w700. After wading through loads of reviews and materials, I decided that this is precisely what I need. Luminescence is more than enough for home theatre purposes, great contrast and, as one’s can read in Balien’s link, 3x speed colour wheel.

After several test I can say that almost all of the abovementioned predictions matched reality. The colour intensity is stunning, brightness sometimes, in darkned room, is even too high, maybe I’ll try using eco mode (viewing on wall, dist. 2,3 - image has 195 width). Although rainbow effect is still there, I noticed it only once - in credits (black screen with some white elements). In addition it's pretty quiet.

IMHO the price of 502 Euro was worth to pay.
post #28 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry87 View Post

Hi guys,

I've just bought my first projector and guess what, it's the brand new Benq w700. After wading through loads of reviews and materials, I decided that this is precisely what I need. Luminescence is more than enough for home theatre purposes, great contrast and, as one's can read in Balien's link, 3x speed colour wheel.

After several test I can say that almost all of the abovementioned predictions matched reality. The colour intensity is stunning, brightness sometimes, in darkned room, is even too high, maybe I'll try using eco mode (viewing on wall, dist. 2,3 - image has 195 width). Although rainbow effect is still there, I noticed it only once - in credits (black screen with some white elements). In addition it's pretty quiet.

Did you try the Audio output? I have strange noise on it and I found the quality of their audio output not good.
I confirm the video quality is really good

post #29 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 03:35 PM

No, I can try it tomorrow. But honestly, what's the point? In 99% cases you can plug speakers to the main signal device like cpu or dvd.

And one more thing, does yours turn off very quickly? I found it strange that it turns off almost immidatly without any cooling period (fan is silent).
post #30 of 78 Old 09-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry87 View Post

Hi guys,

I've just bought my first projector and guess what, it's the brand new Benq w700. After wading through loads of reviews and materials, I decided that this is precisely what I need. Luminescence is more than enough for home theatre purposes, great contrast and, as one's can read in Balien's link, 3x speed colour wheel.

After several test I can say that almost all of the abovementioned predictions matched reality. The colour intensity is stunning, brightness sometimes, in darkned room, is even too high, maybe I'll try using eco mode (viewing on wall, dist. 2,3 - image has 195 width). Although rainbow effect is still there, I noticed it only once - in credits (black screen with some white elements). In addition it's pretty quiet.

Nice to hear that, its a good thing someone else has bought it! Where have you found the "loads of reviews"? I found only one, until today. can you provide some links, please? By the way, the W700 has a 6 segment color wheel speed is 2x (7200rpms), Benq technicians themself told me, by e-mail. Thats why I have doubts if I should get this one or, for instance, the 2 years old Acer H5360, since it has a 9000rpm color wheel (they advertise 3x speed). I never saw a DLP projector, so I dont know if I will be disturbed by the rainbow effect, but if you say you almost cant spot it, its a good thing! What about 3D, did you tried it yet?

Andre
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page