Throw distance for DLA-HD250 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-16-2011, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I believe i have decided on the DLA-HD250 for my project based on the many reviews here and elsewhere. But I am concerned on the throw distance vs brightness.
I am planning a Seymour centerstage XD screen with 109" width (125") diagonal.

Seating distance will be 14 ft

With that screen size i can start at around 12.5 ft throw distance and while the room is 22 ft long the max i can push back the projector is around 16ft because of a beam.

So the question is should It be mounted at the closest possible around 12.5 ft to get the max brightness but forfeit any possibility of a larger screen or will setting it back around 14-16 ft still be OK for brightness?
In addition the room is completely light controlled, basement room with no windows and two doors that will be sealed.

In addition, we are planning a ceiling fan in the room which will sit on center about 8-9ft from the screen and will be 18" from the ceiling at its lowest point. I would like the keep the lowest point of the projector at 18" as well. The top of the screen will most likely be around 24" from the ceiling. with the lens shift do you see any issue with the fan getting into the light path?

One last question, I know there is someone on the forum who sells these at a good price so who/where do i need to go to get the best pricing on one of these projectors?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have no issue with size vs throw, as it's mounted at 10.5ft from the screen and it is plenty bright on a 104" diagonal image. With another 2ft, should be able to get close to that 120" area, if not well into it. I think that it is plenty bright, even to have some indirect light on while playing games, etc.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orko007 View Post
I believe i have decided on the DLA-HD250 for my project based on the many reviews here and elsewhere. But I am concerned on the throw distance vs brightness.
I am planning a Seymour centerstage XD screen with 109" width (125") diagonal.

Seating distance will be 14 ft

With that screen size i can start at around 12.5 ft throw distance and while the room is 22 ft long the max i can push back the projector is around 16ft because of a beam.

So the question is should It be mounted at the closest possible around 12.5 ft to get the max brightness but forfeit any possibility of a larger screen or will setting it back around 14-16 ft still be OK for brightness?
In addition the room is completely light controlled, basement room with no windows and two doors that will be sealed.

In addition, we are planning a ceiling fan in the room which will sit on center about 8-9ft from the screen and will be 18" from the ceiling at its lowest point. I would like the keep the lowest point of the projector at 18" as well. The top of the screen will most likely be around 24" from the ceiling. with the lens shift do you see any issue with the fan getting into the light path?

One last question, I know there is someone on the forum who sells these at a good price so who/where do i need to go to get the best pricing on one of these projectors?

Thanks for any advice.
I bought mine from AVS and they are a vendor on this forum. Contact Benito Joaquin. I purchased the hd250 and also marantz sr7005 from him within the last 3 weeks. AVS has the best prices and you would be crazy not to buy from them.

Given your measurements and that your room will be pitch dark when you run your HD250, you should be fine with a throw distance of 14-16 feet.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM

AVS does have the best price...

I'm 15ft throw on a 110 screen. Total darkness and plenty of brightness.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! glad to hear there is still plenty of light around the 14-15' range. I think I will flush mount a piece of plywood between the joints in that range to make mounting easier.

Also thanks for the contact, sending Benito a message now.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orko007 View Post

Thanks for the replies! glad to hear there is still plenty of light around the 14-15' range. I think I will flush mount a piece of plywood between the joints in that range to make mounting easier.

Also thanks for the contact, sending Benito a message now.

Good idea as the hd250 is pretty big and heavy.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page