post #4141 of 5315 Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

The guy just wanted my money. You see I got this super deal at Best Buy, open box with just 50hrs on it for $499. Now I sent the receipt so he could maybe use it for warranty work it's only 3months old. He mentioned you made $500 on the projector, several times. Yeah but the value was still a grand, this drove him nuts.

And you're right they can say anything they want without question.

To end it I just split the difference and sent him half, now he's happy - I'm not.

how did they guy know how much you paid for it? that's an amazing open box deal btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 5315 Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

how did they guy know how much you paid for it? that's an amazing open box deal btw.

I told the bidders the PJ was just 3months old from best buy and would send along the receipt for warranty work. That was a killer one shot buy, I knew I could dbl my money on it. Really didn't need it I have five digital projectors here. PJ rich

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4143 of 5315 Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I told the bidders the PJ was just 3months old from best buy and would send along the receipt for warranty work. That was a killer one shot buy, I knew I could dbl my money on it. Really didn't need it I have five digital projectors here. PJ rich

wow... i don't blame you for grabbing it for that price and turning it around.
post #4144 of 5315 Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Those LCD's still aren't that great, nice but not that great I prefer a good DLP like the HD3300 or an Optoma HD8600 which is basically a Planar 8150 both with great images. But no 3D. Optoma does have that HD8200 platform in 3D with upgraded iris like the HD8600 but price is out of my league.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4145 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Did anyone check out the 40min Haunted Castle 3D video? They have it on comcast it's some really great 3D. When it starts the tree brances are like 8ft inside the room. Then there's a scene where these two Gargoyle guys slowly enter into your room right in your face. It seems to me whenever 3D is Top/bottom it always looks best, this one's Top/bottom.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4146 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did anyone check out the 40min Haunted Castle 3D video? They have it on comcast it's some really great 3D. When it starts the tree brances are like 8ft inside the room. Then there's a scene where these two Gragoyle guys slowing enter into your room right in your face. It seems to me whenever 3D is Top/bottom it always looks best, this one's Top/bottom.

totally agree. on my system it was SBS i think, and took a hit in overall resolution, but this is some pretty well done 3d. that scene with the branches - you are so right!!!!!! the movie itself is a little corny but it's a great showcase for 3d
post #4147 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

My wife was like a kid when watching the tree branches, reaching out waving arms through the branches. Coloring and blacks are also great in this video.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4148 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My wife was like a kid when watching the tree branches, reaching out waving arms through the branches. Coloring and blacks are also great in this video.

yeah i was shocked, nothing i've seen on Comcast has been very impressive at all in 3d, so this is proof that it CAN be good (the resolution of top/bottom or SBS is still lacking though).
post #4149 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

After this anyone that's says not interested in 3D doesn't realize what they're saying. This ain't your momma's 3D.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4150 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM

Liked: 10
looks like fios doesn't have it
post #4151 of 5315 Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

They'll probably catch up later. I didn't see this available earlier.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4152 of 5315 Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

The guy just wanted my money. You see I got this super deal at Best Buy, open box with just 50hrs on it for $499. Now I sent the receipt so he could maybe use it for warranty work it's only 3months old. He mentioned you made $500 on the projector, several times. Yeah but the value was still a grand, this drove him nuts.

And you're right they can say anything they want without question.

To end it I just split the difference and sent him half, now he's happy - I'm not.

I am really starting to hate Ebay. At one time it was mostly good folks, but success brings out the sewer rats. I sold a printer early this year that was in pristine condition. However, the buyer sends me an email claiming it won't work. I said, fine- send it back for a full refund, including shipping. He says I am not going to the trouble- he just wants a full refund and he'll throw it away for me---yeah, right.

I push the issue and make him return it and he does. Ebay refunds his money the minute they get a delivery receipt.

Long story short, there was no damage to the box at all and it was packed well. He just chose to break the printer into pieces (BTW he only told me it was not working, not "broken") and send it back as he got caught trying to get something for nothing. I finally got a refund from PayPal for my cost.

And, he gives me poor feedback....sheesh.

I am starting to think Craigslist is a better deal for anything but cheap stuff.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #4153 of 5315 Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

as a long time ebay'er (pretty much since the beginning), i'm definitely having a lot more trouble recently than I have ever had in the past.
post #4154 of 5315 Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I try Craigs list first. If I have to sell it I'll go to Ebay. You have to be careful buying on sub sites like videogon etc. 10 of us got burned from a scammer with little or no feedback. What he does is moves to a town opens a bank account, has what will be a temporary address, sets up to be verified with paypal. You figure if he's verified at paypal you're safe, not so.

He empties the account leaves town. Paypal/ebay says we find in your favor however the funds are not there.

Be very careful at sub selling sites. Paypal verified means nothing.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4155 of 5315 Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Hey when you rewind with 3D close one eye it makes it more bearable. I'm watching Haunted Castle again only watched a little before. The Wild Mouse ride part can blow your mind. There's several bits that are great, the band getting blasted by the demolition ball right in your face is pretty cool.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4156 of 5315 Old 04-28-2012, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I have had my projector since October and I think there was a post by others on this once before (can't find it now), but I am seeing it more ofter due to watching more sports (with the text always on the screen) than movies with the NHL playoffs, baseball starting and the NFL draft:

EDIT: I found the post here: pulsating focus

My projector seems to change sharpness from razor sharp to slightly defocused on the text on these channels. It will come back around to razor sharp again then a few minutes later, I will see the text as slightly blurry. I don't notice it during a movie usually, but I did see it during a foreign movie with subtitles the other day.

Is this something others are seeing and does it happen to be addressed by the latest firmware to anyone's knowledge? (oleus, I see you are one of those who posted, did the firmware help this issue?)

I will also say that for some reason, my unit seems to be sharper on a native 720P channel than a native 1080i channel, which is odd for a 1080P display.

Now that I have finally moved on from the rainbow issues I had early on, I really love the projector, but this is an interesting development that I would like to get to the bottom of.

Thanks

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #4157 of 5315 Old 04-28-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Larrimore - I saw this more before i started upconverting/deinterlacing in my receiver. I really think what you are seeing is the scaling in the 3300 or its deinterlacer. Since you are seeing it more on 1080i and 720p I would gets it's the deinterlacing you are seeing. It looked really bad to me before i switched, especially with score graphics, tickers, etc.

What was the source/resolution of the movie with subtitles you saw it on?
post #4158 of 5315 Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

i am wondering can i use this : http://www.amazon.com/MonsterVision-...ef=pd_sim_e_15. with optomas rf 3d glasses or not.

i want to buy another emitter with 2x rf 3d glasses.
post #4159 of 5315 Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewer View Post

i am wondering can i use this : http://www.amazon.com/MonsterVision-...ef=pd_sim_e_15. with optomas rf 3d glasses or not.

i want to buy another emitter with 2x rf 3d glasses.

The monster vision glasses are the same
Glasses as the Optoma rf's. Just with different branding and packaging
post #4160 of 5315 Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Larrimore -

I am testing hd cable directly from the box to the hd3300 right now with the new co4 firmware and i'm definitely seeing the same throbbing focus, so it's not something that was addressed with a firmware update.

I am also currently setting up my new receiver which will be upscaling everything and like before, i expect this issue to subside once i get everything handled by the receiver instead of the projector.

Disregard any posts that are coming about how good the scalers/deinterlacers are inside the Optomas - they aren't. It handles everything at 1080p just fine. Anything less, and you're likely going to find that a nice receiver will take care of the anomalies you are seeing.
post #4161 of 5315 Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

does anyone know if CO4 has any effect on the bulb activity? i am trying to figure out what i'm seeing but even on low bulb settings, the projector seems to be in "torch" mode and even when i lower the brightness it looks washed out but with physical light being projected more than usual... like too much light is coming out.
post #4162 of 5315 Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post

I have had my projector since October and I think there was a post by others on this once before (can't find it now), but I am seeing it more ofter due to watching more sports (with the text always on the screen) than movies with the NHL playoffs, baseball starting and the NFL draft:

EDIT: I found the post here: pulsating focus

My projector seems to change sharpness from razor sharp to slightly defocused on the text on these channels. It will come back around to razor sharp again then a few minutes later, I will see the text as slightly blurry. I don't notice it during a movie usually, but I did see it during a foreign movie with subtitles the other day.

Is this something others are seeing and does it happen to be addressed by the latest firmware to anyone's knowledge? (oleus, I see you are one of those who posted, did the firmware help this issue?)

I will also say that for some reason, my unit seems to be sharper on a native 720P channel than a native 1080i channel, which is odd for a 1080P display.

Now that I have finally moved on from the rainbow issues I had early on, I really love the projector, but this is an interesting development that I would like to get to the bottom of.

Thanks

I see that on my 55" Samsung LED TV. I'd call it broadcast chatter. I've been seeing that on all the projectors I've had, big screens. Even my Hitachi CRT RPTV with HDMI. It's just like that, looks like it's sharp than defocus, then some blurring and jittering snowflake type activity.

All around certain sports text, even on the digital time display during the news.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4163 of 5315 Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

hi. u guys know how to reset / default the setting for the emitter. i want to reset the emittier to orginal setting. but i dont know how do i do that?

please help me.
post #4164 of 5315 Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I see that on my 55" Samsung LED TV. I'd call it broadcast chatter. I've been seeing that on all the projectors I've had, big screens. Even my Hitachi CRT RPTV with HDMI. It's just like that, looks like it's sharp than defocus, then some blurring and jittering snowflake type activity.

All around certain sports text, even on the digital time display during the news.

after watching a bunch of NBA yesterday, I can confirm that at least on my setup, these judder/defocusing of graphics totally cleared up once i hooked my receiver up as a 1080p upscaler from my cable box.
post #4165 of 5315 Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

That's great but it doesn't mean there's something wrong with the projector, which is where this was going. I get the text jitter on the my LED TV and CRTV RPTV plus on my Sharp Z3000, Sanyo Z2000 along with the Optoma HD3300.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4166 of 5315 Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Didn't mean to suggest it was a defect, it just deinterlaces differently than scalers that seem to do a better job with cable sources. This is my third projector and i've never seen the same effect on my previous ones (infocus, epson), fwiw.
post #4167 of 5315 Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Probably you just didn't notice it. This artifact has been around since I bought my first 4.3 Mitsubishi 50" RPTV like 25 yrs ago.

Anyway it's a small problem most won't notice. I just checked my Onkyo receiver to try and test it's faroudja chip and stopped. I wouldn't use it my recevier just does 1080p and I wouldn't want to lose 1080p24fps from my blu rays and HD-DVD players. Plus the artifact is still there having the Onkyo do 1080p. I'll set my receiver to through.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

post #4168 of 5315 Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewer View Post

hi. u guys know how to reset / default the setting for the emitter. i want to reset the emittier to orginal setting. but i dont know how do i do that?

please help me.

Hook up the monster 3D software utility, it has a reset button.
post #4169 of 5315 Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy1010 View Post

Hook up the monster 3D software utility, it has a reset button.

Wasn't there somewhere in this thread that someone had put a link for this software? Too lazy to go back through the pages
post #4170 of 5315 Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM
cvh

Liked: 14
Quote:

guitarman. I got the 3d dvd version and can't get it to work. It seems to be in frame sequential but on hd33 menu, frame sequential is greyed out. Is there something I am missing. You guys are talking about top and bottom and sbs. Doesn't seem the dvd has those two, just frame sequential.

He Came to Give You Life and Life More Abundantly.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd33 1080p 3d Projector , Projectors
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page