Forum Jump: 

post #5281 of 5309 Old 10-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys -

Quick question. I haven't watched a 3D movie in ages on my projector so when I recently sat down to watch something I noticed that unless I am facing the screen dead on I am getting ghosting/crosstalk. I am using the Optoma RF glasses. I've ran through the manual tweaks on the RF transmitter and couldn't find any setting that fixed it. I can't remember if it was always as annoying as this or perhaps something I'm missing here. Any ideas?

Cheers.

---

The LCD lenses in the glasses are subject to viewing angle. I'm not sure why. I think timing won't change anything because basically the darkened (AKA shut) LCD lens still passes light coming in at odd angles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5309 Old 10-30-2013, 12:28 AM

Liked: 10

Hello everybody! I'm new user of AVS forum and happy owner of Optoma HD33 from few months. :) At first, sorry for my lame english, I hope you'll understand what I mean. I decided to write here because 3D option "Top and Bottom" don't work corectly. Maybe somebody can help me because I have no idea what is wrong. 3D SBS work fine, everything is OK except this "Top and Bottom". I have connected my projector to PC and watch the movies by VLC Media Player in HD quality 1080p OU format. When I choose "Top and Bottom" option image seems to be blurred, as if out of sync. Both images - top and bottom - do not overlap properly. I can't find any information with instructions how to adjust it and have no idea what can I do. :( Maybe somebody had similar problem and know how to resolve it? Please help!

post #5283 of 5309 Old 01-12-2014, 02:37 PM

Based on many user's feedback here, I went ahead and get the emitter (http://www.amazon.com/Dimensional-3ACTIVE-Emitter-Compatible-Mitsubishi/dp/B005M3BIMO/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i) and 4 pairs of PS3 3D glasses (from my local BestBuy). Unfortunately for the life of me, I just could not get 3D to work, the emitter light would turn on once I flip source to SBS, so would the light flashing on the glasses, but the image looks the same as without glasses! 3D mode is set to VESA 3D. What did I do wrong? I've tried on 2 pairs of glasses, same result! Could I have gotten a broken emitter? any help appreciated!

BTW, everything works fine when I put back the RF emitter with my optoma RF glasses..
post #5284 of 5309 Old 02-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklin000 View Post

Based on many user's feedback here, I went ahead and get the emitter (http://www.amazon.com/Dimensional-3ACTIVE-Emitter-Compatible-Mitsubishi/dp/B005M3BIMO/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i) and 4 pairs of PS3 3D glasses (from my local BestBuy). Unfortunately for the life of me, I just could not get 3D to work, the emitter light would turn on once I flip source to SBS, so would the light flashing on the glasses, but the image looks the same as without glasses! 3D mode is set to VESA 3D. What did I do wrong? I've tried on 2 pairs of glasses, same result! Could I have gotten a broken emitter? any help appreciated!

BTW, everything works fine when I put back the RF emitter with my optoma RF glasses..

Hi, I just purchased the same combo. Did you ever get this to work ? I am waiting for it to be delivered still so I haven't tried it yet
post #5285 of 5309 Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peryhelion View Post

Hello everybody! I'm new user of AVS forum and happy owner of Optoma HD33 from few months. smile.gif At first, sorry for my lame english, I hope you'll understand what I mean. I decided to write here because 3D option "Top and Bottom" don't work corectly. Maybe somebody can help me because I have no idea what is wrong. 3D SBS work fine, everything is OK except this "Top and Bottom". I have connected my projector to PC and watch the movies by VLC Media Player in HD quality 1080p OU format. When I choose "Top and Bottom" option image seems to be blurred, as if out of sync. Both images - top and bottom - do not overlap properly. I can't find any information with instructions how to adjust it and have no idea what can I do. frown.gif Maybe somebody had similar problem and know how to resolve it? Please help!

I had a similar issue when viewing SBS content, the optoma hd33 has a bug where it can't display sbs content properly when in 24p mode. If you switch your display to 60p mode, it works fine. Im not sure if this is the same issue you're having, but it's worth a shot.
post #5286 of 5309 Old 02-02-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc View Post

Hi, I just purchased the same combo. Did you ever get this to work ? I am waiting for it to be delivered still so I haven't tried it yet

As a matter of fact, I just set it up with the replacement this afternoon and everything works beautifully. It turned out to be a defective emitter! So if it ever gives you trouble, contact Dimensional Optics support directly and they will ship you a new one!
post #5287 of 5309 Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 AM

Guys, i dont own a HD33/3300 yet, but from what i read, the lens itself does not has filter screw thread.

I wonder if a wide angle lens will work with this model for a 2.35 viewing??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ-ZnajmvFw

He made it for his epson 3010.

And anybody here tried comparing with Acer H9500BD?? I guess its 2D should be superior than the optoma for its spec (iris, contrast..) but recently heard someone said his HD3300 3D is far more superior than a 9500, any of you guys tried??
post #5288 of 5309 Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 16
Well hey guys thanks for keeping the thread going. I had to give the revue machine back along time ago and haven't been around. I just bought a HD33 and receive it Tuesday so I'm back in owners club. It really is a great machine.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
post #5289 of 5309 Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I just traded my HD33 for the Mits HC7900DW and I have to admit that the HD33's 3D was better than the Mits. I am still playing with different emitters and glasses so that might be the problem but I think I will miss the HD33's 3D. 2D on the other hand it had no comparison to the Mits.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #5290 of 5309 Old 02-25-2014, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I bought the HD33 for it's 3D. I have an old Epson 1080ub which is great for dark 2D movies more than enough blacks for me there. But for sports 3D and just plain old TV like American Idol, Survivor I'll use the classic DLP for it's pop and the HD33 is a great one.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5291 of 5309 Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 PM

Ok so I purchased a Dimesnion optics IR emitter, plugged it in and pointed it at the screen. I can see the red led on the front of it on solid, plus the 4 IR diodes flashing quickly...

I cant get the PS3 3D IR glasses to sync with it however. They're charged and blinking red once per second, however I'm not getting a 3D image.

Any tips ? Im hoping I don't have a faulty emiter, but it seems to be flickering correctly.

Any ideas ? Currently the IR emitter is sitting on the projector pointed at the screen. I assume this is how you all set it up ? Ive also tried holding it in hand and pointing it right at the glasses but it makes no difference.
post #5292 of 5309 Old 02-27-2014, 11:48 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post

Well hey guys thanks for keeping the thread going. I had to give the revue machine back along time ago and haven't been around. I just bought a HD33 and receive it Tuesday so I'm back in owners club. It really is a great machine.

Good to hear you are back in the thread. Its because of you and this thread you started that lead me to purchase my HD3300. I have been extremely happy with it for the 2 years I have owned it. Recently put in a new bulb into my PJ and the enjoyment continues with new enthusiasm.

Thanks guitarman!!
post #5293 of 5309 Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I have a new colorfacts tuning you might take a look at.

Reference mode
Con +9
Bri -3
Sh 11
clr -6
T 0

Advance
Standard gamma
Red gain -2
Blue g +1
Gr gain +1

Red bias +3
Blue bias 0
Gr bias +2

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5294 of 5309 Old 03-01-2014, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Here's a couple of pictures with that tuning setup.

http://www.videodementia.com/sales/hd332014.jpg

I always liked that girl and her facel colors in that back to the future scene, not that I don't mind Elizabeth Shue also but not for facel color. smile.gif

http://www.videodementia.com/sales/hd3320142.jpg

1985 check out them gas prices in this good contrast scene.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5295 of 5309 Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 AM

hey Guitarman, welcome back to the thread! You're partly responsible for me getting the HD33 and I love it smile.gif

I had to retire it for a year or so due to the house i lived in but it's being used to it's full glory right now!

The links to the pictures you posted don't work? am I doing something wrong??

Cheers
post #5296 of 5309 Old 03-02-2014, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah I had a problem with my html code, they're working now.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5297 of 5309 Old 03-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Word of caution for those considering a IR emitter. I received a defective unit and then was stonewalled from support seeking troubleshooting or a working replacement. The Amazon reseller also is acting shady, I may need to file a dispute with Amazon.

Same issue as mentioned above with other user.

Anyone know of another IR emitter compatible with the HD33 ?
post #5298 of 5309 Old 03-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc View Post

Word of caution for those considering a IR emitter. I received a defective unit and then was stonewalled from support seeking troubleshooting or a working replacement. The Amazon reseller also is acting shady, I may need to file a dispute with Amazon.

Same issue as mentioned above with other user.

Anyone know of another IR emitter compatible with the HD33 ?

I know that the OEM emitter for the Mits RPTV works just fine with Samsung sg2100 series IR glasses, but they are hard to find. There are third party IR emitters for the Mits that should work just as well with any universal IR glasses. I saw no difference between the IR and DLP link with my HD33.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #5299 of 5309 Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the above post. The Amazon reseller has responded after a delay and offered up a replacement unit. So I will retract my opinion of the reseller.
post #5300 of 5309 Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Try putting the glasses on upside down. If it gives you a clear picture you just need to re sync in the 3D options menu.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5301 of 5309 Old 03-10-2014, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You might be able to use these day/night saves. When you tune blacks during daylight they will be higher then tuning in a dark room so now you can save a night and day setup.

On the remote hit the off button once, then up, down, up, up. If you don't see it keep trying I had to hit the codes pretty quick before it worked.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5302 of 5309 Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Extreme black level tip. Use the Lucas THX black level adjustment on all the Star Wars movies, called THX optimizer. . Don't concentrate on the THX shadow so much use the gray boxes on the top of the pattern. Take them down till the seventh box is gone. Eyes can play a trick on you. When you think you're at the bottom, close your eyes for five seconds and look again at that seventh box. Ok you can still see it, lower the brightness a click and repeat the eyes shut again, repeat until that seventh box is really gone.

Lowering blacks like this will increase the contrast greatly. I was able to lower the blacks on my display by 5 numbers that's a huge amount in contrast and deep black. You'll notice colors get more saturated also. Give it a try and in a dark room. Welcome to the dark side. smile.gif

Also I was able to lower the blacks on the HD33 from -3 to -6, double the number needless to say the blacks and color where greatly increased for the better. Try it out

Now I figure George Lucas is a stickler for perfection and what he put on the DVD's will be correct. Looks good to me. Don't forget to defocus the eye's, do that every time you try to tune down the blacks.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5303 of 5309 Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM

i think that you should try HD91... awesome thing

Check it out: http://tdt.md/ro/products/details/optoma-hd91

post #5304 of 5309 Old 04-02-2014, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Seems like they need more brightness for this 3D craze. The HD33 I got has 700 hours on it and produced 35 ft candles which is a high number. The HD3300 I reviewed for Optoma got like 47ft candles when new. These are super high brightness numbers. A typical HT Optoma H79 DC3 got about 17ft candles. So these 3D pj's are three fold for 3D. Viewing 2D you can lower black level to be decent for dark movies not in 3D.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5305 of 5309 Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been enjoying my HD3300 for several years now. I'm a little shocked to say this but I've logged in 3,950 hours on the bulb. I searched quickly to see if this had come up previously but I was curious if replacement of only the bulb versus replacement of the whole lamp assembly is a reasonable task? This is my first projector but I'm fairly confident I could get get the assembly out and get the bulb replaced without causing any harm to the new bulb or the projector. Getting access to the lamp assembly seems simple enough from the manual but the manual doesn't get into how to remove/replace the bulb. Just curious if anyone's willing to provide a recommendation on their past experiences replacing the bulb or replacing the whole lamp assembly?

Incidently, youtube has a video for "How to replace a light bulb" with over 700,000 views. Ridiculous! smile.gif
post #5306 of 5309 Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Where can I buy the 12v trigger cable?? I need one for triggering an exhaust fan.
post #5307 of 5309 Old 07-11-2014, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo Lives View Post
I have been enjoying my HD3300 for several years now. I'm a little shocked to say this but I've logged in 3,950 hours on the bulb. I searched quickly to see if this had come up previously but I was curious if replacement of only the bulb versus replacement of the whole lamp assembly is a reasonable task? This is my first projector but I'm fairly confident I could get get the assembly out and get the bulb replaced without causing any harm to the new bulb or the projector. Getting access to the lamp assembly seems simple enough from the manual but the manual doesn't get into how to remove/replace the bulb. Just curious if anyone's willing to provide a recommendation on their past experiences replacing the bulb or replacing the whole lamp assembly?

Incidently, youtube has a video for "How to replace a light bulb" with over 700,000 views. Ridiculous!
Well 4000 hours is great, I'm still at only 800hrs now. A good piece of info on DLP projectors I know is Optoma upgraded the color wheels to clamp in the glass color panes, they're clamped in on both sides. Before lets say the Sharp Z3000 which has this new color wheel. Color wheels were glued in on one side. After a few thousand hours the panes would break loose and you're out of bizz. These new ones are holding up well so don't worry.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
post #5308 of 5309 Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Hey guys, I have a question that I'd rather ask here vs starting a new thread being that we're all HD33/3300 owners.

My family and I just moved into a new home which is fantastic HOWEVER I won't be starting a new theater build until sometime 2016. As a result I've decided to sell my projector. The question that I have is how much would the following be worth? How much should I sell it for?

Optoma HD3300
Purchased NEW in 2012 from AVS
Approx. 320 hrs on the pj and the original bulb
4 RF Optoma 3D glasses (BG-3DRFGLASSES)

The unit has been ceiling mounted since purchase.

Please let me know what you all think. Also, if this is the wrong way of going about this, please let me know and I apologize in advance.
post #5309 of 5309 Old 07-12-2014, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Look to get $700 or $800 maybe the higher because it's a black HD3300. I wouldn't sell mine for $700 the HD33 but that's seems to be the selling price. Remember these are much better than the later budget 3D optoma's with the odd configuration color wheels with white segments and magenta segments. Colors will always be able to be more natural with a RGB/RGB color wheel. Almost makes it worth saving till you get your new setup up and ready.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd33 1080p 3d Projector , Projectors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page