New Optoma HD33 HD3300 1080p 3D Projector Review - Page 180 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #5371 of 5387 Old 05-17-2016, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by reechings View Post
Are we actually able to update our own firmware now?
I know Optoma used to send the firmware for those who asked... I think you need a serial port+cable to connect to Optoma...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5387 Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Guys my HD3300 begins to blinking the blue power light but the projector dont turn on?
post #5373 of 5387 Old 05-25-2016, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@Renato Correa : I had the same problem happen to me a few weeks ago (pj bought in 2012). Took it to a local technician, who diagnosed it as a problem with the pj's main board/motherboard and said he couldn't repair it because he didn't have the part. Today I called Optoma in the US and they told me that if it is indeed a problem with the motherboard, it will cost me $399 ($299 for the board + $ 100 for labor) plus $25 shipping to repair it. RIP, little buddy. Now I'm shopping for a new pj.

I hope your issue is not the same as mine, though, and that you can get it repaired for less!

post #5374 of 5387 Old 05-27-2016, 06:32 AM

I do not have hope to save it either.
When power it's on, just the blinking blue light its active. The projector itself it's just dead, no fans, no light.
Here in Brazil the prices are higher than in US, so i will wait to think more about it.
I'm planning to build a new house with dedicated "cinema" room anyway, so a new projector was not totally a bad idea.
post #5375 of 5387 Old 06-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone has optoma hd33 firmware? Asked their support who replied stating there isn't any new ones and never reply after I ask for what firmware they have just pass to me. My issue is hd33 Max resolution suddenly becomes 1024x768. Could be a edid issue which I hope to resolve using firmware or driver if any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwolf View Post
I know Optoma used to send the firmware for those who asked... I think you need a serial port+cable to connect to Optoma...
post #5376 of 5387 Old 06-02-2016, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Try resetting the projector back to factory defaults, it will restore most firmware faults. Its in the menu somewhere

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Home Theater, Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 10TB DroboFS NAS
post #5377 of 5387 Old 06-03-2016, 03:44 AM

Tried. Doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
Try resetting the projector back to factory defaults, it will restore most firmware faults. Its in the menu somewhere
post #5378 of 5387 Old 06-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennlv View Post
Tried. Doesn't work.
To get into service menu:
Press power off, left, left, up arrow

Also, engineering screen:
Press power off, left, left, down arrow

I had a look at these screens a few years ago when someone posted the codes. There's a reload EDID option in the service menu, but it might just bring up the version number. I didn't change anything myself, just tried the codes to see if they worked. Be careful with these menus.
Here's the service manual: http://www.mediafire.com/download/58...io6q6/hd33.pdf
post #5379 of 5387 Old 06-28-2016, 08:12 AM

Thxs. Still could not get 1920 by 1080 resolution showing up by default. Need to use custom resulting which 3D is broken, etc

No one has firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuk View Post
To get into service menu:
Press power off, left, left, up arrow

Also, engineering screen:
Press power off, left, left, down arrow

I had a look at these screens a few years ago when someone posted the codes. There's a reload EDID option in the service menu, but it might just bring up the version number. I didn't change anything myself, just tried the codes to see if they worked. Be careful with these menus.
Here's the service manual: http://www.mediafire.com/download/58...io6q6/hd33.pdf
post #5380 of 5387 Old 01-29-2017, 07:03 PM

Liked: 0
Hi, Does anybody knows how to replace optical lens on optoma HD3300? There nothing on web. HD20 is different than HD33/3300.
post #5381 of 5387 Old 01-29-2017, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs5b View Post
Hi, Does anybody knows how to replace optical lens on optoma HD3300? There nothing on web. HD20 is different than HD33/3300.
Maybe this would help.
http://easp.optomausa.com/ASP/upload...ual%20V1.0.pdf
post #5382 of 5387 Old 01-30-2017, 06:36 AM

Liked: 0
Thank you. This would help. I will receive glass lens tomorrow (ordered from ebay). I do not know why original lens melted. Bulb popped in August 16 and I replaced it with "Osram P-VIP 230/0.8 E20.8 OEM Bulb" sold by Exclusivebulbs at amazon(4.5 rating). Could that be the cause?
post #5383 of 5387 Old 04-29-2017, 10:18 PM

I'm having an issue with my HD33. I have been getting a fan failure message, it shutting off completely shortly after. Both red lights will blink until unplug it. I have been mostly running it in high altitude, and I can hear the fans (or one of them) stopping about a second before the notice.

I actually bought the PJ off of Guitarman about a year and a half ago through eBay, who reviewed it or one like it right at the beginning of this thread. It has been a great projector, but I'm wondering if I should send it in for repair, or if there's something I can do to fix this issue.

Last edited by GordoSan; 04-29-2017 at 10:42 PM.
post #5384 of 5387 Old 06-18-2017, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoSan View Post
I'm having an issue with my HD33. I have been getting a fan failure message, it shutting off completely shortly after. Both red lights will blink until unplug it. I have been mostly running it in high altitude, and I can hear the fans (or one of them) stopping about a second before the notice.

I actually bought the PJ off of Guitarman about a year and a half ago through eBay, who reviewed it or one like it right at the beginning of this thread. It has been a great projector, but I'm wondering if I should send it in for repair, or if there's something I can do to fix this issue.
Hi Gordo,
It seems that most people assume that the HD33s, or other similar Optomas are dead once you get this error, but that's not likely the case. I have had the same HD33 since 2012 and have only had to change the bulb twice, once in 2014, and just yesterday! It is a great projector, and the very best current 1080p models out there are not noticeably better than our HD33s, especially if you take the time to adjust the settings etc.

I received this same "Fan Failure" error just the other day, and after multiple resets and forum readings on the matter, I decided to order another model (BenQ 2050) and prepared an ebay ad to sell the HD33 for parts. I even opened the unit and cleared the dust and fished around the electronics with a multimeter looking for blown capacitors and such, even the mains power supply. What I discovered was that it was INDEED a fan failure! The fan that the blows directly onto the lamp was stuck and needed to be nudged because of dust. It is the 3rd and unique fan (not like the two PC cases fans which worked fine), and is nestled between the lens assembly and the power supply (you have to remove the two mainboards) and has a conduit connecting to the lamp array. Once this fan was cleared of dust, the HD33 worked like a charm - no more fan error after one minute! All those postings about the 2 large PC case fans powering up at the same time normally are false - they power up at different times by default, so even swapping the connectors on them proves this. Those fans are usually robust and fine. But the central lamp fan is a different beast.

If you still have you HD33, please give this a try.
I will post this elsewhere so others with similar Optomas can benefit as well.
Frank714 likes this.
post #5385 of 5387 Old 06-18-2017, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have a HD33 that I got cheap it has a light tunnel problem gray tone on the far right. There's an adjustment you can make inside the PJ. Before I get to that I bumped it when moving it and the DMD went crazy and showed lots of dead pixels. I got a new DMD and plan to do both problems at once. Still a great 3D projector super image. I thought about a Acer H9500BD but projector central said the HD33 beats it out and you can't tune the grayscale on the Acer, that's a no no. Time to go to work. I haven't been here much lately good to see my old thread alive and well. Happy Fathers day AVS Dad's.
mabuk likes this.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
post #5386 of 5387 Old 06-20-2017, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
I have a HD33 that I got cheap it has a light tunnel problem gray tone on the far right. There's an adjustment you can make inside the PJ. Before I get to that I bumped it when moving it and the DMD went crazy and showed lots of dead pixels. I got a new DMD and plan to do both problems at once. Still a great 3D projector super image. I thought about a Acer H9500BD but projector central said the HD33 beats it out and you can't tune the grayscale on the Acer, that's a no no. Time to go to work. I haven't been here much lately good to see my old thread alive and well. Happy Fathers day AVS Dad's.
This thread and your enthusiasm is one of the reasons why I ended up with an Optoma. It's been absolutely wonderful, and improved massively when I was able to darken the ceiling as well (retractable cloth). Thanks!
post #5387 of 5387 Old 06-21-2017, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
At the time the only competition was the Benq which is brighter but the blacks were much higher. HD33 you got the best of both worlds great basic TV watching football movies and still bright for 3D Glad you're still enjoying the projector.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd33 1080p 3d Projector , Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page