LG HX350T Vs Optoma ML500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Ir bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody.

So what you guys thing about it ???

What's the the better choice??? and why???

fell free to answer it.
Ir bass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eat meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the ml500 is hd and probably a 100 lumens brighter and most places 50-75$ cheaper and will do 3d.

__________________________________________
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

(fifth element)
__________________________________________
eat meat is offline  
post #3 of 34 Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Ir bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

the ml500 is hd and probably a 100 lumens brighter and most places 50-75$ cheaper and will do 3d.

Sure - Looks like better choice.

Lets see others ideas .

anybody else ?????
Ir bass is offline  
post #4 of 34 Old 09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
PoisonWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What other devices do you plan to have next to the PJ?

I ask because you need to determine for yourself if your current setup is "noisy". If it is, the Optoma will likely be the better choice due to the brighter picture with the caveat of the lawnmower-ish fan.

If you want something extremely quiet, the HX350t is the way to go (given the two choices you mentioned here). I can't even hear mine running when the PS3 is running at low-load (e.g., browsing the XMB) due to the dual exhaust fan design.

If I had to pick one today, I would still personally pick the HX350t (assuming you have a light-controlled room). Resolution doesn't matter too much to me as my eyesight isn't the greatest but my hearing is sharp. Lastly, the thought of diamond pixels just messes with my head. So yeah.

Take that for what it's worth. I've also attached a picture of the fans here. I'm not sure if you can see it, but you can certainly see the two wires running up for both fans.
LL
PoisonWolf is offline  
post #5 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Ir bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post

What other devices do you plan to have next to the PJ?

I ask because you need to determine for yourself if your current setup is "noisy". If it is, the Optoma will likely be the better choice due to the brighter picture with the caveat of the lawnmower-ish fan.

If you want something extremely quiet, the HX350t is the way to go (given the two choices you mentioned here). I can't even hear mine running when the PS3 is running at low-load (e.g., browsing the XMB) due to the dual exhaust fan design.

If I had to pick one today, I would still personally pick the HX350t (assuming you have a light-controlled room). Resolution doesn't matter too much to me as my eyesight isn't the greatest but my hearing is sharp. Lastly, the thought of diamond pixels just messes with my head. So yeah.

Take that for what it's worth. I've also attached a picture of the fans here. I'm not sure if you can see it, but you can certainly see the two wires running up for both fans.

Thank's for that, I read a good reviews about HX350T,

My setup will be a ps3, sony home theater system HT-SF470 and a digital tuner box with ASTS to watch tv. But the goal is to play ps3 and watch movies most of them in blue ray.

I'll use it with a ceiling mount, and i don't know if the noisy will be loud with the projector on top.

What's the size of your screen??? Does look good to watch movies???
Ir bass is offline  
post #6 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
PoisonWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir bass View Post

Thank's for that, I read a good reviews about HX350T,

My setup will be a ps3, sony home theater system HT-SF470 and a digital tuner box with ASTS to watch tv. But the goal is to play ps3 and watch movies most of them in blue ray.

I'll use it with a ceiling mount, and i don't know if the noisy will be loud with the projector on top.

What's the size of your screen??? Does look good to watch movies???

You can see my thoughts on the PJ in this topic.

How far will your PS3 be away from the PJ, or rather, how close will it be to you? In my case, despite the PS3 being farther away then the PJ, I still can't hear the PJ in Eco/Normal mode due to how noisy the PS3 is, relatively speaking. And I'm typically seated 2 ~ 3 feet away from the PJ while the PS3 is maybe 6 feet away.

Do you plan to play it during the day-time? Or do you intend to have some ambient light enabled? If you have ambient light and do not want perfect darkness, then you're likely better off with the Optoma for a brighter picture.

I don't really know my exact screen size, per se. I just know it's big enough for me (the pictures in the thread might give you a rough size). Maybe 8 ~ 9 feet diagonally in 16:9 format? I'm also not using an actual screen. I'm just using a shoddy white wall which isn't even perfectly straight (curves in a little).

Movies for me looks awesome. I'm a night-watcher though as I try to train myself to not watch anything during the day so that I'd get important work done!
PoisonWolf is offline  
post #7 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eat meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the resolution difference is huge-I own 3 1024x768(one is the 110 lumen led aaxa m2) pjs and 3 720p pjs.

__________________________________________
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

(fifth element)
__________________________________________
eat meat is offline  
post #8 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Ir bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post

You can see my thoughts on the PJ in this topic.

How far will your PS3 be away from the PJ, or rather, how close will it be to you? In my case, despite the PS3 being farther away then the PJ, I still can't hear the PJ in Eco/Normal mode due to how noisy the PS3 is, relatively speaking. And I'm typically seated 2 ~ 3 feet away from the PJ while the PS3 is maybe 6 feet away.

Do you plan to play it during the day-time? Or do you intend to have some ambient light enabled? If you have ambient light and do not want perfect darkness, then you're likely better off with the Optoma for a brighter picture.


The ps3 will be 2~3 feet away and the PJ will be 5~6 feet away.
I will use it at night
Ir bass is offline  
post #9 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Ir bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

the resolution difference is huge-I own 3 1024x768(one is the 110 lumen led aaxa m2) pjs and 3 720p pjs.

oh yes, a good resolution make difference when you watch movies.
Ir bass is offline  
post #10 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
PoisonWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

the resolution difference is huge-I own 3 1024x768(one is the 110 lumen led aaxa m2) pjs and 3 720p pjs.

This is definitely true. But out of curiosity, at what distance does the line between XGA and 720p become not so noticeable to the human eye?

For me personally, what I've found to be extremely useful in improving the "perceived" quality of the overall image (including colors) was to have a small lamp running behind the image, like how you'd do with a TV's ambient light. Luckily, my current setup permits for this as I have a lamp behind the wall which leaks nicely without it being obstrusive or interfering with the PJ's brightness. I find that I get better perceived blacks as opposed to a fully dark-room.
PoisonWolf is offline  
post #11 of 34 Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Xavier1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post

This is definitely true. But out of curiosity, at what distance does the line between XGA and 720p become not so noticeable to the human eye?

For me personally, what I've found to be extremely useful in improving the "perceived" quality of the overall image (including colors) was to have a small lamp running behind the image, like how you'd do with a TV's ambient light. Luckily, my current setup permits for this as I have a lamp behind the wall which leaks nicely without it being obstrusive or interfering with the PJ's brightness. I find that I get better perceived blacks as opposed to a fully dark-room.

Neat! I didn't know this was even an advantage in front projection. I do this with my TV, but didn't even consider it with my 720p pj.
Xavier1 is offline  
post #12 of 34 Old 02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Newbie
 
ihazra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Requirement: Cinema experience
150 inch diagonal screen size (in dark room; evening/ night time) of very good image quality

Optoma:

Pros:
Lamp power: 500 ANSI Lumen
Display: WXGA
1080p HD (through HDMI)
Pride: ~$600 (amazon)
Cons/ limitations:
Lack of Audio Out port
Lack of TV tuner

LG:
Pros:
There is Audio Out port (this is important to me)
There is a TV tuner (not that important But it is noce to have)

Cons/ limitations:
Lamp power: 300 ANSI Lumen
Display: XGA
720p HD (through HDMI)

Price: ~$700 (amazon)
Utterly confusedwhich one will finally suit me!!
Can you guyz please help me choose the right one??

Questions:
1. Is LG at 300 ANSI capable of producing 150" video size of quality (LG XGA, 720p; Optoma WXGA, 1080p) and brightness (LG 300; Optoma 500) as good as Optoma can?
2. If the answer to Q1 favours LG, then is the extra $100 for LG worth the additional features like audio out and TV tuner?
ihazra is offline  
post #13 of 34 Old 02-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Member
 
tythebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I really think you would be much happier with the Optoma because the resolution will be allot better along with the brightness I mean just look at it for $100 less you get 200 more lumens and HD resolution. as far as audio out, tv tuner, and noise go you will be able to connect your source to your surround sound solving the fan issue aswell and a tv tuner can be bought separate for cheap. allot of people including my self want to upgrade to higher res and more lumens, getting the LG is just like downgrading. As far as size goes if my 200 lumen Acer k11 makes a 86" bright image then the Optoma can make at least a good 120" image
tythebuilder is offline  
post #14 of 34 Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bohanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
From what I have been reading the LG would be the better choice since the M500 seems to have some serious issues with Rainbow effects in video mode which I am assuming most of the folks in the AV forums are interested in. The LG also has an external power brick which I believe is 12 volts. This makes it ideal for taking on the road since you can plug it into a car lighter and it has an audio out and a built in QAM tuner that picks up both OTA (over the air) signals or you can directly connect it to standard basic cable and get all the major network signals in HD without the need for a cable box. I think the smart move would be to attach a small FM transmitter to it so you can broadcast to any of the local radios in the area. Basically this a nice little portable all in one standalone easy to use product who's only lacking feature is the brightness which all the LED in this class seem to share and since lumens are so subjective this rating is pretty much useless for direct comparison. You can buy and external tuner for the M500 but it is just more expense, takes up more space and you don't have the 12 volt option which I think is critical for cozy outdoor tailgate type viewing. Either way I would NOT use this for a permanent home theater for anything larger than say 96 inches since the LED's in this class are not up to the traditional UHP metal halide lamp brightness levels yet and because there is no zoom so you are limited to the distance between screen and the projector. But for on the go quick set ups this seems to be the best choice as long as the build quality is good and the real world on the road tests don't show up some sort of design flaws common in MANY electronic products.

Hope this helps.

Bohanna
Bohanna is offline  
post #15 of 34 Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
indio22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihazra View Post

Utterly confusedwhich one will finally suit me!!
Can you guyz please help me choose the right one??

I don't own either model so can't help you with a review. But if cost is a factor, looks like you can get the Viewsonic version of the Optoma for less than your quoted price. I see it for 400 dollars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewsonic-PL...68660.m2000036

I really want an LED projector, but they still seem a few features and quality points below where I would like one to be for a reasonable home theater option. Maybe part of the problem is the manufactures still seem obsessed with small pico/mini versions of LED projectors.
indio22 is offline  
post #16 of 34 Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bohanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

I don't own either model so can't help you with a review. But if cost is a factor, looks like you can get the Viewsonic version of the Optoma for less than your quoted price. I see it for 400 dollars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewsonic-PL...68660.m2000036

s.

Wow I went to the site earlier and the price was 399.00 with free shipping . I just went back to it and it says the listing had ended and the price was 464.00.

Whats up with that??

Bohanna
Bohanna is offline  
post #17 of 34 Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Member
 
tythebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

I don't own either model so can't help you with a review. But if cost is a factor, looks like you can get the Viewsonic version of the Optoma for less than your quoted price. I see it for 400 dollars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewsonic-PL...68660.m2000036

I really want an LED projector, but they still seem a few features and quality points below where I would like one to be for a reasonable home theater option. Maybe part of the problem is the manufactures still seem obsessed with small pico/mini versions of LED projectors.

I'm with you I mean if they can only invest the money in other area's other then size because do they not know that allot of people use them for home theater and don't go anywhere.
tythebuilder is offline  
post #18 of 34 Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Member
 
Kaise7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I have owned the LG HX350T now for several months, I couldn't be happier. This little joy does it all, I have replaced my Knoll HD290 dedicated theater projector with the LG and I have to say I can't tell a difference in brightness. I know the knoll should be about 500 lumens brighter and the bulb only has 700 hours on it. I haven't used it in quite a while now. Only downside is the fixed zoom. I have this mounted on a tripod and that works great. I am using this with reg DVDs and blu ray on a 106" grey screen. I can't even imagine how it would look on a white screen! The audio out works great and it will read from my 1tb HD with no problems. Very small and very quiet. Again I have even used this outside on a tarp on my back fence for the heck of it. I really ink even though it is a bit more Money that the quality far exeeds the optoma or any other brand. Also not a big fan of the qumi vivitek either, rainbow effects and could never get it dialed in right on focus. Any more questions please email me. Thanks...H_Roark
Kaise7en is offline  
post #19 of 34 Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Newbie
 
ihazra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sincere thnx to all u guyz for your thoughtful opinions.

Though $100 more and 200 lumen less, but it looks like more are in the favour of LGHX350t over Optoma ML500.

I got reviews/ comments based on spec comparison, based on expertise, knowledge and based on usage esperience (so far for LG only). In fact I saw someone commeting in projectorcentral.com that s/he has been able "getting a 200 inch picture on my wall at night in my theater room"!!

Just 2 more things:
-------------------
1. **Can someone who owns Optoma ML500 please share his/ her experience?**

2. **What about the native resolution of LG (XGA 720p) compared to Optoma (WXGA, 1080p through HDMI)? How much is the difference in terms of 'standard' perceptible picture quality?**
ihazra is offline  
post #20 of 34 Old 02-22-2012, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eat meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the max(native) res of the lg is 1024x768 4;3 and the optoma is 1140x 912 16;9(yea they call it 720p)

I just think these Pjs should not even be compared.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/LG-HX350T.htm

__________________________________________
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

(fifth element)
__________________________________________
eat meat is offline  
post #21 of 34 Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Newbie
 
SymphonyX7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Might as well get an Acer K330 instead of the Optoma. It's practically the same, but has audio-out. The ML500 doesn't have audio-out.

Oh yeah, I heard the LG has image scaling issues. Might as well stick with the K330 (or ML500 if you can't get the K330).
SymphonyX7 is offline  
post #22 of 34 Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Newbie
 
ihazra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I saw that Optoma ML500, Acer K330, ViewSonic PLED W500 are clones => 500 ANSI Lumen and minor differences in terms of connectivity.

On the other hand, LG HX350t is 300 ANSI Lumen with Audio out (K330 does have though) and TV Tuner.

Having gone through reviews on some other sites, user comments (e.g. amazon) I thought Optoma ML500 is better among those 3 clones.
***DO U think I'm right in this decision???

Finally I came to LG HX350t and Optoma ML500.

I'm new to PJ and this is going to be my first PJ. Please provide your valuable comments.

Still can't take the final call...
ihazra is offline  
post #23 of 34 Old 02-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Newbie
 
SymphonyX7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihazra View Post

Well I saw that Optoma ML500, Acer K330, ViewSonic PLED W500 are clones => 500 ANSI Lumen and minor differences in terms of connectivity.

On the other hand, LG HX350t is 300 ANSI Lumen with Audio out (K330 does have though) and TV Tuner.

Having gone through reviews on some other sites, user comments (e.g. amazon) I thought Optoma ML500 is better among those 3 clones.
***DO U think I'm right in this decision???

Finally I came to LG HX350t and Optoma ML500.

I'm new to PJ and this is going to be my first PJ. Please provide your valuable comments.

Still can't take the final call...

If you plow through the AVSForum, you'll see that the reviewers have come to a consensus that the Acer K330 has BETTER image quality than the Optoma ML500. In addition to that, the ML500 is also louder than the K330. The K330 is 29 db in Eco Mode. The ML500 is 33 db in Eco Mode. A 4 db difference is big because decibels are measured logarithmically. 33 db sounds twice as loud as 29 db.

You should be choosing between the Acer K330 and the HX350. The only advantage the HX350 has over the K330 is the TV tuner, which is easily obtainable elsewhere. 1024x768 is inferior to the WXGA resolution on the clones. Imagine playing a 16:9 video on your LG, the effective resolution of the video will be 1024x576 which is A LOT lower than what the clones can do. Less vertical resolution is very bad. You'll lose a lot of detail and sharpness.

Why are you even considering the LG? The resolution sucks, has image scaling issues, has lower brightness and is more expensive. An external TV tuner is easy to acquire.
SymphonyX7 is offline  
post #24 of 34 Old 02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Newbie
 
ihazra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm...
So ViewSonic PLED W500 is out.
Optoma ML 500 also seems to be out.

So among LG HX350t and Acer K330, it looks like most favourable is Acer K330!!!

I started with Optoma vs. LG; but now it's between LG vs. Acer.
But both having audio out BUT LG being 200 lumen lesser and of lower resolution (16:9) than Acer (500 lumen, 720p WXGA), the winner seems to be Acer K330
ihazra is offline  
post #25 of 34 Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Senior Member
 
PoisonWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyX7 View Post

If you plow through the AVSForum, you'll see that the reviewers have come to a consensus that the Acer K330 has BETTER image quality than the Optoma ML500. In addition to that, the ML500 is also louder than the K330. The K330 is 29 db in Eco Mode. The ML500 is 33 db in Eco Mode. A 4 db difference is big because decibels are measured logarithmically. 33 db sounds twice as loud as 29 db.

You should be choosing between the Acer K330 and the HX350. The only advantage the HX350 has over the K330 is the TV tuner, which is easily obtainable elsewhere. 1024x768 is inferior to the WXGA resolution on the clones. Imagine playing a 16:9 video on your LG, the effective resolution of the video will be 1024x576 which is A LOT lower than what the clones can do. Less vertical resolution is very bad. You'll lose a lot of detail and sharpness.

Why are you even considering the LG? The resolution sucks, has image scaling issues, has lower brightness and is more expensive. An external TV tuner is easy to acquire.

Do your research before calling out resolution issues on the HX350t. You sound like an ignoramus.

Only the HW300t has scaling resolution issues.

The HX350t might be an XGA projector, but it's a damn fine one that probably has colors the clones can only dream of churning out.
PoisonWolf is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eat meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post

Do your research before calling out resolution issues on the HX350t. You sound like an ignoramus.

Only the HW300t has scaling resolution issues.

The HX350t might be an XGA projector, but it's a damn fine one that probably has colors the clones can only dream of churning out.

maybe you are misunderstanding,seems he is talking about the lg,s native 4:3 scaling a 16:9 format (black bars)

__________________________________________
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

(fifth element)
__________________________________________
eat meat is offline  
post #27 of 34 Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eat meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post


The HX350t might be an XGA projector, but it's a damn fine one that probably has colors the clones can only dream of churning out.

TI dlp chip,s and Luminus' PhlatLight LEDs -they all can pump out very similar color gamuts-

__________________________________________
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

(fifth element)
__________________________________________
eat meat is offline  
post #28 of 34 Old 02-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Newbie
 
SymphonyX7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post

Do your research before calling out resolution issues on the HX350t. You sound like an ignoramus.

Only the HW300t has scaling resolution issues.

The HX350t might be an XGA projector, but it's a damn fine one that probably has colors the clones can only dream of churning out.

You should call yourself that, actually.

And no, you're overstating it by "has colors the clones can only dream of" because you'll most likely suffer buyer's remorse when you actually see an HX350T side-by-side against any of the clones. And you said "probably". Are you in doubt or did you just make a blind purchase? Fact is, the clones are better than the HX350T color-wise, and the HX350T can't touch them at all when it comes to sharpness. I will admit that the LGs are better built than any of the clones, but I wasn't in the market for the durability of a Sony Trinitron -- I was in the market for the best image my money can get me. I believe that as long as I maintain it properly, I'm sure it will last and my Acer K11 is already over 3400 hours and is still putting out a great picture.

I did my research before dropping my moolah on the Acer. I've reviewed my options carefully and did not shy away from an audition given the chance, even if I know I wouldn't be picking a unit up that day (had to suck it in, smile and show my pearly whites). I've already seen the LG HW300T and HX350T, the Acer HD5360BD, Optoma HD20 and GT720, Epson 705HD and all of the clones except for the NEC. My screen is relatively small at 92" and the standard projectors were all too bright and couldn't give colors only an LED could (my K11 spoiled me in that regard). So I opted for the LEDs and the K330 was the best short of getting those ridiculously bulky and expensive 1080p LED projectors.

P.S. The Acer K11 reigns supreme in the color department, oddly enough, regardless of brand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

maybe you are misunderstanding,seems he is talking about the lg,s native 4:3 scaling a 16:9 format (black bars)

I'm talking about THAT exactly.
SymphonyX7 is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
PoisonWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

maybe you are misunderstanding,seems he is talking about the lg,s native 4:3 scaling a 16:9 format (black bars)



My point is this: HX350t has no scaling issues. It is an XGA projector. Having black bars is necessary. If it didnt, it would be an issue. That's all. 16:9 content does not stretch. Only the HW300t has scaling issues.
PoisonWolf is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Member
 
kajaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Interesiting post, HX300/350G vs K330 is a great fight. But the post is vs ML500.... You guys should open another post: LG HX350g vs Acer K330.

A video like this would be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-BKQAhMfA8

LG wins (HW version), maybe due to calibration? I guess HX should be quite similar to HW and with no scaling problems. Still HX better than K330?
kajaroo is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Hx350t 720p Led Front Projector With Digital Tv Tuner
Gear in this thread - Hx350t by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off