Panasonic PT-AR100 MSRP$ 1,999 - 4000U replacement... kind of - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1021 of 1025 Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Hi all:

I'm just trying to figure out how many total hours I have on my bulb- I reset the counter without replacing the bulb months back but I'm trying to remember when I started getting the flashing indicator upon start up-- I think it was around 2500 but I don't recall, precisely. Does it vary?

I grabbed (3) different 70-80 LCD TV's and wasn't happy with ANY of them so the panny will be going back into the living room- I was just using it outside.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

Last edited by mastermaybe; 12-08-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1025 Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
Hi all:

I'm just trying to figure out how many total hours I have on my bulb- I reset the counter without replacing the bulb months back but I'm trying to remember when I started getting the flashing indicator upon start up-- I think it was around 2500 but I don't recall, precisely. Does it vary?

I grabbed (3) different 70-80 LCD TV's and wasn't happy with ANY of them so the panny will be going back into the living room- I was just using it outside.

James
James,

The AR100U keeps track of your current - and the total - hours used.

Here are the instructions for accessing the service menu to figure your total hours so far.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EXT-OPTION.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	410529   Click image for larger version

Name:	EXT-OPTION2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	410537   Click image for larger version

Name:	EXT-OPTION3.png
Views:	59
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	410545  

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Last edited by Mr.G; 12-09-2014 at 08:35 AM.
post #1023 of 1025 Old 12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 190
thanks Mr G.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #1024 of 1025 Old 12-11-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
Thanks Mr G.

James
You'll be pleasantly surprised by the brightness and color pop that return to the AR100U with a new lamp. I was.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #1025 of 1025 Old Today, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB07 View Post
Thanks Mr. G for checking in. I've tired to reply on your PM, but unfortunately my post count is too low.

For now I've decided to buy the ceiling mount only, and check if I need extension column or not. I' m gonna project on the wall, and don't want the top of the picture to be too close to the ceiling.
sorry for being late with my feedback.
peerless ceiling mount works like a charm. there is plenty of room for adjustment with 8ft ceiling, no need to worry that the image will be to close to the ceiling. Thanks Mr. G for a great recommendation.

Since I'm here, I would like to ask you some questions.
I found out, that my image projected on the wall is not focused evenly. I mounted my PJ using a laser level to make it perfect stright. But it looks that when I make the top of the picture focused, the bottom is a little blurry, and vice versa. So i checked the wall, and it seems that is far from being perfect. Right now trying to adjust mounting to make it focused evenly. Although projector won't be perfectly stright, but at least the focus won't be bothering any more.
What is the best way to adjust projector? I know, there are test paterns, but not exactly sure, how can i use it in my case

Another thing. I would like to do some calibration, and wonder what software you recommend in other to do it correctly. I'm using my PJ in family room, so there are different light conditions during the day. Would like to optimize picture modes, based on that conditions.

And the last thing. How big of improvement, darbee darblet is. I saw they are selling it right now for $199. Is it worth it? Will I be able to see a noticeable difference? Like i said, I use my wall as a screen to be able to go from 40" screen to 120".

thanks a lot for all your help.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page