My Epson 3010 projector just arrived! - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those of you using the Best Buy coupon, have you had any trouble getting them to accept it? I sometimes run into the issue of it saying "Regular Priced Items" and wanting to use it on a sale priced item.

Looking at picking it up this weekend.

Thanks,

Pmac

My build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac3522 View Post

For those of you using the Best Buy coupon, have you had any trouble getting them to accept it? I sometimes run into the issue of it saying "Regular Priced Items" and wanting to use it on a sale priced item.

Looking at picking it up this weekend.

Thanks,

Pmac

I reviewed my receipt and noticed what they did was applied the $100 discount but then they only took an additional $60 off when I presented the 10% off coupon. So essentially its just 10% off the original purchase price.
post #453 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 AM

So then it is still over amazons price due to amazons lack of sales tax, right?

My build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #454 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Thats correct. My main reasoning behind getting it at bb was due to their 14 day return policy. I have been debating between the Epson and few others for a while now, but I figured why not give it a shot.
post #455 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmsp187 View Post

Thats correct. My main reasoning behind getting it at bb was due to their 14 day return policy. I have been debating between the Epson and few others for a while now, but I figured why not give it a shot.

Your reasoning makes sense, I'm just trying to figure out if this deal is good enough to jump on 2 months before I need the projector. Right now I am thinking I am better off waiting.

Thanks for your input.

Pmac

My build thread:

post #456 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 AM

I have been enjoying my 3010 for the last couple weeks. Used the IMAX Tahiti Ultimate Wave BluRay to test 3D and was impressed.

I don't have a color meter yet.
Has anyone done a detailed calibration on a production unit yet?
Trying to optimize for 2D Cinema mode with low lamp setting and getting mixed info from the PC and PR reviews.

Thanks,
- JC
post #457 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:

Plus as a Best Buy rewards member you get $5 in rewards bucks for every $250 dollars spent. That's like another $30 off!

I bought mine at Best Buy with the 10% off the regular price. I love it so far! I just wish the auto iris was silent though. But I found something to drown that sound out.

I went back to Best Buy yesterday intending to buy the intro level Pioneer speakers but found the Klipsch Speakers on major blow out clearance. They were last years model. I took open box ones for an even bigger discount and now I have awesome Front floor standing speakers, the Icon VF36's for $119 each. Picked up the matching center channel and surrounds too.

I've got the projector ceiling mounted with a MONO Price mount (required some modification) and now I'm just waiting for my 150" Elite Screen from Amazon to arrive.
post #458 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcPanny View Post

I have been enjoying my 3010 for the last couple weeks. Used the IMAX Tahiti Ultimate Wave BluRay to test 3D and was impressed.

I don't have a color meter yet.
Has anyone done a detailed calibration on a production unit yet?
Trying to optimize for 2D Cinema mode with low lamp setting and getting mixed info from the PC and PR reviews.

Thanks,
- JC

I was about to ask the same question. There is a noticeable red push in skin tones that I hope can be reduced or eliminated with calibration.
post #459 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

I was about to ask the same question. There is a noticeable red push in skin tones that I hope can be reduced or eliminated with calibration.

I had the red push for skin tones as well and was able to adjust it. I would share my settings, but I am not projecting on a screen wall yet so my settings are going to be off as my wall is more of a grey/green.
post #460 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

no the 10% coupon + additional 2% in reward points whill more than make up for the sales tax and its ends up being a better deal..
post #461 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

no the 10% coupon + additional 2% in reward points whill more than make up for the sales tax and its ends up being a better deal..

Amazon has it for the same price that best buy has for the sale. If the 10% at best buy is only off the full retail price, that gets you to about $1440. Add sales tax and you come out around $1525-$1530.

Amazon, right now at least, is $1499 shipped, no tax. They don't have it in stock, but that is the price that you will be charged when it ships.

So, the sales tax at Best Buy makes the final price still add up to more than amazon, but that shouldn't really surprise anyone.

My build thread:

post #462 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Except BB has it in stock (at least they did around me) and Amazon does not. And it will be easier to return to BB for a full refund. Not sure what Amazon's return policy is for a projector and whether or not they pay for return shipping. If you have to ship it back you just ate whatever savings you had.
post #463 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Amazon has it for the same price that best buy has for the sale. If the 10% at best buy is only off the full retail price, that gets you to about $1440. Add sales tax and you come out around $1525-$1530.

Amazon, right now at least, is $1499 shipped, no tax. They don't have it in stock, but that is the price that you will be charged when it ships.

So, the sales tax at Best Buy makes the final price still add up to more than amazon, but that shouldn't really surprise anyone.

you are right, what was I thinking ?
post #464 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:

you are right, what was I thinking ?

the extra few bucks is worth the 14 day return policy IMO. Also just want to say Ive had mine for almost a week now and am loving it. keep in mind im coming from a panny ae900u but for me this pj is the best bang for my buck. Ive watch several 3d movies and see absolutely no ghosting. The 2d pic is crisp with decent blacks. There is a red push in skin tone like others have stated. Ive yet to calibrate it. I think most would be happy with this purchase
post #465 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1969 View Post

the extra few bucks is worth the 14 day return policy IMO. Also just want to say Ive had mine for almost a week now and am loving it. keep in mind im coming from a panny ae900u but for me this pj is the best bang for my buck. Ive watch several 3d movies and see absolutely no ghosting. The 2d pic is crisp with decent blacks. There is a red push in skin tone like others have stated. Ive yet to calibrate it. I think most would be happy with this purchase

I totally agree, it does have some faults but a majority of people will love it if looking for a unit in this price range.

I am still eyeing the new Acer but waiting to get more info on the tech specs before pulling the trigger to compare.
post #466 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1969 View Post

Amazon pay for shipping back and have a 30 day return policy. Best Buy try anything they can not to refund you. To get a Best Buy refund you have to pay for it on a credit card as if you pay cash or use debit they make you wait 10 days for a check in the mail. This is probably because they like to get all those broke customers hooked on Best Buys crappy interest rate revolving accounts. I purchased mine from Best Buy with my corporate Amex, this stops any funny business with Amex I get double warranty, Sadly the noisy iris and slow input response my Epson has been returned to Best Buy. I now know sub 3k pj's 1080p is not good enough and have been stripped of performance to make a price goal. I suggest waiting 1 yr before making this leap.
post #467 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxjunky View Post

I now know sub 3k pj's 1080p is not good enough and have been stripped of performance to make a price goal. I suggest waiting 1 yr before making this leap.

Not good enough compared to what? I do not understand what you mean. Certainly these units are better than 720p units and for sure better than no projector. Now if you mean 3d 1080p specifically, then perhaps, but what else is out there doing it better than the HD33 or 3010? Of course if you mean compared to the 8700UB or Mitsu 4k or Benq 1080 2d units only, then I get your point. The manufacturers are going to demand a premium for that (Panny 7k, Opto 8300, Eps 5010) and I agree that next year it will be cheaper but that does not give me 3d now.
post #468 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM

I am talking 2d performance, sorry Mike I was saying 2d. Offcourse 3d we have little choice only 2 atm. I have been lucky to see both.

Espon is better than hd3300 to me, picture quality, build quality.
I am also biased as owning 5 optoma pjs opver the yrs they just never lasted more than 1yr without something going wrong. My epsons 2 of which i have owned have been golden. The 3010 has crostalk in 3d min but you see it, has a noisy iris and has major lag for gamers. We are talking so much lag you feel your crosshair jerky online multiplayer games.

If your only viewing movies with the family and watching hd content no gaming buy the epson you will be very happy.
post #469 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:39 PM

HOW CAN I TURN OFF THIS STUPID 3D WARNING DIALOG!

There's gotta be a setting for it I'm missing. Every time I have restarted the 3010 and go to watch 3D it gives me the "don't let 6 year olds use the glasses" thing.
post #470 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

sorry if this is repeat post.....but can someone please suggest a good ND2 filter and what size to get ? I see a lot of less than $15 ones on Amazon but dont know what the size they quote mean....is it diameter or area ? I am measuring ~28 diameter of lense cover and ~19mm of lense
post #471 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxjunky View Post

I am talking 2d performance, sorry Mike I was saying 2d. Offcourse 3d we have little choice only 2 atm. I have been lucky to see both.

Espon is better than hd3300 to me, picture quality, build quality.
I am also biased as owning 5 optoma pjs opver the yrs they just never lasted more than 1yr without something going wrong. My epsons 2 of which i have owned have been golden. The 3010 has crostalk in 3d min but you see it, has a noisy iris and has major lag for gamers. We are talking so much lag you feel your crosshair jerky online multiplayer games.

If your only viewing movies with the family and watching hd content no gaming buy the epson you will be very happy.

Some people are reporting a noisy iris, some people are not. My iris is near silent. I suspect you may have had a bad unit. As for lag, I don't game much so it is not noticeable, but if you are a hardcore gamer that needs fast response I understand your frustration and clearly the 3300 is not the right projector for you.
post #472 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

sorry if this is repeat post.....but can someone please suggest a good ND2 filter and what size to get ? I see a lot of less than $15 ones on Amazon but dont know what the size they quote mean....is it diameter or area ? I am measuring ~28 diameter of lense cover and ~19mm of lense

I recommend going to a good camera store near you and asking them about a good filter. Tell them the size of your lens and they should be able to help.
post #473 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Is that PJ that bright that it cannot be toned down? Sorry I cannot help with the actual question.
post #474 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Is that PJ that bright that it cannot be toned down? Sorry I cannot help with the actual question.

Its bright even in eco mode and I read somewhere that it helps to use a ND2 filter and calibrate as it will help with blacks. Want to try it out !
post #475 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Its bright even in eco mode and I read somewhere that it helps to use a ND2 filter and calibrate as it will help with blacks. Want to try it out !

Yes, the theory is with a bright projector you can use the ND filter to improve black levels even more without scarfing PQ.
post #476 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

I think it depends on your room and the size of your screen, I am really not finding the 3010 to be too bright. Even in normal lamp mode vs eco. In fact, I suspect that I would have a hard time going back to a projector that has less lumens.
post #477 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Yes, the theory is with a bright projector you can use the ND filter to improve black levels even more without scarfing PQ.

Yes.....any thoughts on the eyeone calorimeter for DYI calibration ? I am thinking this will be a good investment in the long run to calibrate the PJ periodically as the lamp dims and also to use on HDTV, laptops etc

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457
post #478 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentfox View Post

HOW CAN I TURN OFF THIS STUPID 3D WARNING DIALOG!

There's gotta be a setting for it I'm missing. Every time I have restarted the 3010 and go to watch 3D it gives me the "don't let 6 year olds use the glasses" thing.

There is an option in the menu where the 3D settings are I believe. I came across it without looking for it so you may have to do it in 2D mode.
post #479 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalto View Post

There is an option in the menu where the 3D settings are I believe. I came across it without looking for it so you may have to do it in 2D mode.

I found this dialog to be helpful as it wont switch to 3D unless you press the 2D/3D button allowing you to quickly do one final adjustment to your AV receiver before 3D begins clobbering the IR remotes
post #480 of 2004 Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes.....any thoughts on the eyeone calorimeter for DYI calibration ? I am thinking this will be a good investment in the long run to calibrate the PJ periodically as the lamp dims and also to use on HDTV, laptops etc

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

Have bot seen this one before, I have the DVE HD basics Blu-Ray along with the Spears and Munsil Blu.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010e Full Hd 1080p 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector With Integrated Spe , Projectors
Gear in this thread - 3010e by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page