post #1291 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Found this post on another Epson thread for LCD alignment,
---------------------------------------
Further Note:
It's best to do this when the projector is on it's feet and not ceiling mounted.
Otherwise, if I recall correctly, the arrow/direction buttons are reversed when ceiling mounted.

You should also make the screen size smaller than your screen using the zoom so you can see the entire projected screen with no overscan to the screen borders.
I made the projected screen about an inch smaller around the entire screen than my screen.

1. Access the Extended menu and select LCD alignment.
2. Enable(on) LCD alignment.
3. Select (B)lue or (R)ed to be adjusted. Default is (R)ed.
*Leave the other option at R/B/G

4. Start the alignment.

5. You will be asked to first adjust each corner.
6. When the yellow box is displayed in the corner, make your adjustment using the arrow keys.
*If you are adjusting Red, then only the red pixels will move in the corner.

**If no adjustment is needed, select Enter to move to the next corner.
***Repeat this step for all 4 corners.

7. Once all 4 corners are done, you will now be asked to select a coordinate on the screen.
Once you enter this mode, a yellow square will appear on the screen with no "+" cross hair.

8. Move the box to a location in which requires pixel alignment using the arrow keys.
*If adjusting red, move to a location that requires red pixel adjustment.

9. Once you find a location, select the Enter key.
10. Now there will be a "+" cross hair in the yellow box.
11. Use the arrow keys to move the pixel.
*You should see that the V/H numbers will change from 0 to a positive or negative number depending on which way you adjust.

12. Once you are done adjusting, select Enter.
13. You will now return to the menu which asks if you want to adjust another location on the screen.
14. Press Enter to select another location to adjust and repeat the previous few steps.
Otherwise, select the Exit option to finish the alignment.

You can now choose to adjust the other color(Red or Blue) and repeat the alignment for that specific color.

*There is no adjustment for green.
**You must leave LCD adjustment ON. If you turn it off, the panel will return all adjustments back to default.

Just exit the LCD Alignment menu by selecting Return to keep your adjusted alignment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hraynor View Post

Oh, BTW - I can definitely confirm that the Blu Ray player (or other input device) you use has a BIG effect on the crosstalk and ghosting.

I previously had a Sony 580 and didn't see ANY ghosting. I later returned that for the Panasonic 210, and noticed some ghosting on the menu for the Alice in Wonderland 3D (text at the beginning).

A few clicks to the settings on the Panasonic, and it goes away. The Panasonic allows you to adjust the 3D depth, and I believe a setting of -2 did a great job for me with the Epson glasses.

Hmmm... sounds like you're increasing convergance (decreasing separation) and therefore eliminating ghosting. You can increase convergance 100% and totally get rid of ghosting... it's called 2D.

Do you notice the loss of 3D effect when you do this? To some, less depth + less ghosting = good tradeoff, but it seems like you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
post #1293 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

Hmmm... sounds like you're increasing convergance (decreasing separation) and therefore eliminating ghosting. You can increase convergance 100% and totally get rid of ghosting... it's called 2D.

Do you notice the loss of 3D effect when you do this? To some, less depth + less ghosting = good tradeoff, but it seems like you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Agreed, but in some cases decreasing separation = less ghosting without affecting depth and pop outs, i have tried this and gives no apparent effect on 3D. Increasing separation at some limit shall also bring crosstalk/ghosting even in DLP projectors, I guess. Like AVATAR in animation part the main focused objects have no separation and are in 2D and same technique has been used in TinTin while PUSS in Boots and happy feet 2 and HUGO even have separation effects on main focused objects and thus creating ghosting/crosstalk.
post #1294 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankhan View Post

Amazing, well all i can see that you must have very fine tuned 3010 and a very fine 3D BD player or may be you watched HUGO at very low brightness settings. With my monster at brightness of 3LEDs works ok for this movie with almost no crosstalk. How about in your case. Can you watch HUGO with monsters at 4 or 5 LEDs lit?

unfortunately i cannot confirm what setting i finally got on my monsters as i dont want to touch it again, lest i jinx it

but if you are very curious, you can find it in some of my earlier posts in the 3010 glasses thread.

for me epson glasses showed most noticable ghosting in just a handful of titles like mummies, harry potter 1 and lionking....whats mind boggling to me is i dont see it as much in 50 other titles , even with the ones with a lot of depth and contrast.
post #1295 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Found this post on another Epson thread for LCD alignment,
---------------------------------------
Further Note:
It's best to do this when the projector is on it's feet and not ceiling mounted.
Otherwise, if I recall correctly, the arrow/direction buttons are reversed when ceiling mounted.

You should also make the screen size smaller than your screen using the zoom so you can see the entire projected screen with no overscan to the screen borders.
I made the projected screen about an inch smaller around the entire screen than my screen.

1. Access the Extended menu and select LCD alignment.
2. Enable(on) LCD alignment.
3. Select (B)lue or (R)ed to be adjusted. Default is (R)ed.
*Leave the other option at R/B/G

4. Start the alignment.

5. You will be asked to first adjust each corner.
6. When the yellow box is displayed in the corner, make your adjustment using the arrow keys.
*If you are adjusting Red, then only the red pixels will move in the corner.

**If no adjustment is needed, select Enter to move to the next corner.
***Repeat this step for all 4 corners.

7. Once all 4 corners are done, you will now be asked to select a coordinate on the screen.
Once you enter this mode, a yellow square will appear on the screen with no "+" cross hair.

8. Move the box to a location in which requires pixel alignment using the arrow keys.
*If adjusting red, move to a location that requires red pixel adjustment.

9. Once you find a location, select the Enter key.
10. Now there will be a "+" cross hair in the yellow box.
11. Use the arrow keys to move the pixel.
*You should see that the V/H numbers will change from 0 to a positive or negative number depending on which way you adjust.

12. Once you are done adjusting, select Enter.
13. You will now return to the menu which asks if you want to adjust another location on the screen.
14. Press Enter to select another location to adjust and repeat the previous few steps.
Otherwise, select the Exit option to finish the alignment.

You can now choose to adjust the other color(Red or Blue) and repeat the alignment for that specific color.

*There is no adjustment for green.
**You must leave LCD adjustment ON. If you turn it off, the panel will return all adjustments back to default.

Just exit the LCD Alignment menu by selecting Return to keep your adjusted alignment.

This is awesome ! Thanks a lot !

Can you please post a link to the thread where this is discussed ?
post #1296 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Agreed, but in some cases decreasing separation = less ghosting without affecting depth and pop outs, i have tried this and gives no apparent effect on 3D. Increasing separation at some limit shall also bring crosstalk/ghosting even in DLP projectors, I guess. Like AVATAR in animation part the main focused objects have no separation and are in 2D and same technique has been used in TinTin while PUSS in Boots and happy feet 2 and HUGO even have separation effects on main focused objects and thus creating ghosting/crosstalk.

Increasing separation past the point of inter-ocular distance is a bad idea, and will lead to some ill effects... but they shouldn't be confused with ghosting. Ghosting is when at least one eye sees at least one part of the image meant for the other eye. If you close each eye and don't see part of the other eye's image, then it's not ghosting. If the separation leads your eyes to walleye, then you have a different problem.

Did you mean something else?
post #1297 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

This is awesome ! Thanks a lot !

Can you please post a link to the thread where this is discussed ?

I dont know exactly but it was one of Epson's thread or perhaps European eq. model's thread. I just copy past and made my own document and then closed that thread but i shall try to find out.

Did you tried alignment, mine red was out a little so i fixed it.
post #1298 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

Increasing separation past the point of inter-ocular distance is a bad idea, and will lead to some ill effects... but they shouldn't be confused with ghosting. Ghosting is when at least one eye sees at least one part of the image meant for the other eye. If you close each eye and don't see part of the other eye's image, then it's not ghosting. If the separation leads your eyes to walleye, then you have a different problem.

Did you mean something else?

No, no, you are right.
post #1299 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM

I have been thinking this LCD alignment thing, whether it really affects and that LCDs are motorized or it just a Firmware flick? and actually does not have any effect on the picture.
post #1300 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I dont know exactly but it was one of Epson's thread or perhaps European eq. model's thread. I just copy past and made my own document and then closed that thread but i shall try to find out.

Did you tried alignment, mine red was out a little so i fixed it.

i will try it tonight perhaps

is this the thread ? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi...77321-p-2.html
post #1301 of 2004 Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Does any of this void the warranty?

Help a Family in need, Show Them We Care! Like it on Facebook and tweet it!
http://igg.me/p/171832?a=874546
post #1302 of 2004 Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:

i will try it tonight perhaps

is this the thread ? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi...77321-p-2.html

No, this new and for sure i shall study it
post #1303 of 2004 Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown Fan View Post

Does any of this void the warranty?

It should not as when i contacted Epson for my 3010's crosstalk they said I have to give them PJ and then they shall install new software which shall give me option for LCD alignment, but through forum's help I installed this option without having new firmware updated by Epson. So bottom line Epson wanted this to do this as they might understand that this is not customers capability to do this.
post #1304 of 2004 Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM

The Xtremer Prodigy seriously is awesome.. Its like a comp but without all the hassle of setting up every time. It plays iso's including 3D Blu ray ones and I have not ever experienced any ghosting/crosstalk/RBE with any film yet. It even plays o/u or sbs vids and will convert them to 3D for you and once it converts it the projector sends out signal to glasses and boom, 3D is happening.. I love the set up... It does Android games? and Internet search, I can go to Youtube and watch the o/u, sbs 3D vids and I can watch them in 3D as well. Its a pretty cool thing to have and the Korean manufacturer seems to be supporting the device as they just released a new firmware that has added the movie jukebox functionality which lays out your films in a very cool and clever way. I picked mine up from Amazon.

I am wondering Mankhan if the glasses you have suck, cuz I experienced crazy ghosting in a theatre once, that was showing film in stereoscopic 3D and when I traded in the glasses, the ghosting was gone.
post #1305 of 2004 Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM

^^
Thank for your input. A very useful information indeed about Xtreamer. However my issue is not 3010 or four epson glasses or with monster glass, i use HTPC and HTPCs, what i have heard and what Epson told me that they create crosstalk and if I use my PJ with proper 3D player, i shall have crosstalk free picture like others here in the forum. I am presently working how can i get a good 3D video from HTPC, perhaps i need to upgrade my graphic card as presently i am using nVidia GT 520 silent. Anyways thanks for your advise.
post #1306 of 2004 Old 04-12-2012, 04:44 PM

Has anyone tried LCD alignment and what results came out or every one scaring here to use this feature. Dont worry there are always default settings and LCD option can be removed any time you want in order to maintain warranty.
post #1307 of 2004 Old 04-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Has anyone tried LCD alignment and what results came out or every one scaring here to use this feature. Dont worry there are always default settings and LCD option can be removed any time you want in order to maintain warranty.

I tried it today and this is FRIGGING AWESOME ! The picture sharpness has improved dramatically and I can see individual pixels just like a DLP.

Thanks Mankan, you the man !

To answer your PM about the monster sensor placement, I don't have a camera at the moment, but my PJ sits on a table next to my couch and I taped the sensor in front-left of the PJ on my couch leg so that it has clear view to the PJ lense while not blocking the light path or left vent.
post #1308 of 2004 Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 AM

^^
Oh, you are most welcome. please dont thank, i just found it some where and post it here as i wanted to share with all 3010 fellows. Real man behind this is someone from Germany and we are thankful to him.

I also did my 3010's alignment and great results came out as my Red was out and i did it and found that my picture has become more sharp and clear. So how come, Epson just send these projectors out in the market without having quality check, but anyways thanks to these forums as great people are sitting here to share their findings.

I want to know the other DIPs in the hidden menu which are off at the moment. Can someone wants to take risk or I should be the one?

Also about monster, i taped my sensor exactly same position as i understand from yours, between the lense and the body and taped there but i get out of sync issue for one second every 5 minutes or so, why is that. Do you face such issue, or is there anything i can do in monster's setup?
post #1309 of 2004 Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM

So I gave the LED alignment a go today, setting the dip sw was easy enough and I have the option in my extended menu now. Once I started I found I have been extremely lucky with my 3010. I didn't have anything to adjust, It was perfect! I say I'm lucky for the fact that not only was my alignment dead on but I'm not experiencing the Huge gaming or lag or 3D ghosting that others are reporting either. My 3D blu ray player is the panny 310 and using the Epson glasses that came with the 3010 if anyone wants to know. Thanks for posting the info for all of this and its awesome I have the option to make those adjustments if I want to now.

Help a Family in need, Show Them We Care! Like it on Facebook and tweet it!
http://igg.me/p/171832?a=874546
post #1310 of 2004 Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^
Oh, you are most welcome. please dont thank, i just found it some where and post it here as i wanted to share with all 3010 fellows. Real man behind this is someone from Germany and we are thankful to him.

I also did my 3010's alignment and great results came out as my Red was out and i did it and found that my picture has become more sharp and clear. So how come, Epson just send these projectors out in the market without having quality check, but anyways thanks to these forums as great people are sitting here to share their findings.

I want to know the other DIPs in the hidden menu which are off at the moment. Can someone wants to take risk or I should be the one?

Also about monster, i taped my sensor exactly same position as i understand from yours, between the lense and the body and taped there but i get out of sync issue for one second every 5 minutes or so, why is that. Do you face such issue, or is there anything i can do in monster's setup?

My red and blue needed major adjustments and I was already very happy with my 3010 even with misalignment ....but after alignment, my jaw drops at what a difference it can make....

Isn't this one of the major features of 5010 ? throw in a ND2 filter and you can get very good blacks from 3010...so its a lot better investment than 5010.

Also I am sorry to hear your sync issues....did you try rotating the sensor to see if there is a better angle ? also make sure you have line-of-sight between sensor and PJ lens

I don't have sync issues but my glasses don't shut off so I have to recharge them before very use....What a great concept but pathetic quality. All i can suggest is get a replacement.
post #1311 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown Fan View Post

So I gave the LED alignment a go today, setting the dip sw was easy enough and I have the option in my extended menu now. Once I started I found I have been extremely lucky with my 3010. I didn't have anything to adjust, It was perfect! I say I'm lucky for the fact that not only was my alignment dead on but I'm not experiencing the Huge gaming or lag or 3D ghosting that others are reporting either. My 3D blu ray player is the panny 310 and using the Epson glasses that came with the 3010 if anyone wants to know. Thanks for posting the info for all of this and its awesome I have the option to make those adjustments if I want to now.

Nice to hear that and I must say you are lucky.
post #1312 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:

My red and blue needed major adjustments and I was already very happy with my 3010 even with misalignment ....but after alignment, my jaw drops at what a difference it can make....

Isn't this one of the major features of 5010 ? throw in a ND2 filter and you can get very good blacks from 3010...so its a lot better investment than 5010.

Also I am sorry to hear your sync issues....did you try rotating the sensor to see if there is a better angle ? also make sure you have line-of-sight between sensor and PJ lens

I don't have sync issues but my glasses don't shut off so I have to recharge them before very use....What a great concept but pathetic quality. All i can suggest is get a replacement.

WOW, both red and blue, strange. usually red one is misaligned, but anyways, I am glad that you did alignment and that you get more better picture.
No, it is not, one has to go through same procedure as we did to get LCD alignment option in their menu. Now i remember i get this information i took from from 5010/6010 thread.

What is this ND2 filter and how can we use it with 3010, can you be little bit more specific and give us some link to buy such filter. As you said, i agree that it is better investment then 5010.

For monster, mine also does not switch off and stay on so i just put them back and then they get off after 5 min by itself. Pathetic. Also yesterday, i tried again and get senor taped just below lens between lens and body and apparently it worked without any sync issue but i have noticed that even slightest change would affect sync.
post #1313 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

WOW, both red and blue, strange. usually red one is misaligned, but anyways, I am glad that you did alignment and that you get more better picture.
No, it is not, one has to go through same procedure as we did to get LCD alignment option in their menu. Now i remember i get this information i took from from 5010/6010 thread.

What is this ND2 filter and how can we use it with 3010, can you be little bit more specific and give us some link to buy such filter. As you said, i agree that it is better investment then 5010.

For monster, mine also does not switch off and stay on so i just put them back and then they get off after 5 min by itself. Pathetic. Also yesterday, i tried again and get senor taped just below lens between lens and body and apparently it worked without any sync issue but i have noticed that even slightest change would affect sync.

I bought something like this http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Neutral...4443731&sr=8-1

Its a variable ND filter and allows you to lower the lumens and produce great blacks if you crave for them (they act like sunglasses for the PJ ).

I ended up not using it as I didnt care for deep blacks and I love the 3010 extra lumens.
post #1314 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Well as happy as you were before, you must be doing backflips. Just like a DLP eh? Just ribbing. That unknown panel alignment goes a long way for the 3010 to be sure. Hope you are still enjoying the unit which I believe you are. I still cannot believe that feature works on the 3010. Who knew? Now if dust blobs stay away you guys are in really good shape. So back to my DLP thread after a rare appearance here lol.
post #1315 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Well as happy as you were before, you must be doing backflips. Just like a DLP eh? Just ribbing. That unknown panel alignment goes a long way for the 3010 to be sure. Hope you are still enjoying the unit which I believe you are. I still cannot believe that feature works on the 3010. Who knew? Now if dust blobs stay away you guys are in really good shape. So back to my DLP thread after a rare appearance here lol.

I missed you Mike infact when i posted this message i had a hunch you would respond !

yes i have been having a great time enjoying 3010. The secret alignment menu is another pleasant surprise i had in a long series of pleasant surprises 3010 delivered ! also i dont worry about dust blobs as epson warranty covers it also there are over 30 dip switches still unexplored ! who knows one one them will enable 4k mode or may be a "dlp mode" ?

the only gripe i have about 3010 is it does not have an official thread.....it make a a lot of difference
post #1316 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I missed you Mike infact when i posted this message i had a hunch you would respond !

yes i have been having a great time enjoying 3010. The secret alignment menu is another pleasant surprise i had in a long series of pleasant surprises 3010 delivered ! also i dont worry about dust blobs as epson warranty covers it

the only gripe i have about 3010 is it does not have an official thread.....it make a a lot of difference

Yes, I missed our exchanges too. Did you know I still have my 8350 as a backup and was going to use it for big screen viewing of lower quality material on the big screen but it is not faring very well here of late with the dust blobs in the 8350 thread? Check that thread for more. What to do?

Anyways, I have been hammering Acer about the 1:1 pixel thing and still waiting. I cannot see a problem on video but am assured by others and the BenQ W7000 folks it can be better. So I drive on there despite enjoying my PJ very much. If it can get better then I strive for that. Everyone who has seen 3D on it says they have never seen any better, but of course we know how things are in the movie theater.

Glad things are well with you. As for the owners thread, looks like this has become one. I thought there was another one back when? No?
post #1317 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes, I missed our exchanges too. Did you know I still have my 8350 as a backup and was going to use it for big screen viewing of lower quality material on the big screen but it is not faring very well here of late with the dust blobs in the 8350 thread? Check that thread for more. What to do?

Anyways, I have been hammering Acer about the 1:1 pixel thing and still waiting. I cannot see a problem on video but am assured by others and the BenQ W7000 folks it can be better. So I drive on there despite enjoying my PJ very much. If it can get better then I strive for that. Everyone who has seen 3D on it says they have never seen any better, but of course we know how things are in the movie theater.

Glad things are well with you. As for the owners thread, looks like this has become one. I thought there was another one back when? No?

Now you are scaring me with the dust blobs....did you see this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1145272 ?

also this thread is far from an official thread...there are dozens of individual threads on 3010 about various issues....if there were an official thread, all quiries would be directed to that one.
post #1318 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now you are scaring me with the dust blobs....did you see this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1145272 ?

Ahhh what can one do? Sit around wringing the hands or just go? With a 2 year warranty you either send it in or DIY. I am rapidly running out of time to get a square trade warranty on my 9500. I have a lot to consider and need to look to the future. For now I have two 1080P PJs and the wife is not exactly happy about it.

As for cleaning things out, I have done that with my Samsung DLP TV. Took it apart to about 90%. Cleaned it out and it is rocking on after probably about 10K hours. Gotta love LED light engines.
post #1319 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

also this thread is far from an official thread...there are dozens of individual threads on 3010 about various issues....if there were an official thread, all quiries would be directed to that one.

Just start one bro. You simply need to explain the purpose and probably post up pertinent info gathered thus far. From there you will see a lot of the same questions you have seen here.
post #1320 of 2004 Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just start one bro. You simply need to explain the purpose and probably post up pertinent info gathered thus far. From there you will see a lot of the same questions you have seen here.

those days are long gone. i am too old for this
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010e Full Hd 1080p 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector With Integrated Spe , Projectors
Gear in this thread - 3010e by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page