post #1351 of 2004 Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

Yep, the 6010 had the same "backward lcd alignment menu operation", when mounted upside down, and the new v104 firmware for the 5010/6010 addressed it.

Posted the DIP settings in the 5010/6010 thread as well. Hope you can follow it.

You get to this information with the remote:
1) Hold down MENU for 8 seconds, release
2) Hit ESC twice
3) A menu of information appears
4) Hold down MENU another 8 seconds, release
5) Hit ESC twice

Now you should be at a screen where you can arrow up and down, and for each DIP switch see the bit settings of that one.

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS Epson 6010 FW v104

O=GREEN X=BLANK

DIP SW1 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 O/X] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 X/O] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW2 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 X/O] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW3 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 X/O] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW4 [BIT0 X/O] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 X/O] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW5 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 O/X] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 O/X] [BIT4 O/X] [BIT5 O/X] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

DIP SW6 [BIT0 O/X] [BIT1 X/O] [BIT2 O/X] [BIT3 X/O] [BIT4 O/X] [BIT5 X/O] [BIT6 O/X] [BIT7 O/X]

Thanks a lot !

I compared these with the ones on my 3010 and they look identical (after I enabled the LCD alignment)

I guess there is nothing much and it may be risky to touch others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2004 Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
if so then you are right, or may be there is another firmware for 3010 on the way and that would make some difference. How to check firmware on 3010, is it 104 as in 6010?
post #1353 of 2004 Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 PM

does anyone here use any media player which plays 3D BD Iso very well with this projector. Will you please recommend such player. Thanks
post #1354 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 AM

I use OPPO BDP-93EU, but its little expenzive like Extreamer Prodigy but more solid and quality
post #1355 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 AM

^^
Thanks for your help. How is the quality for 3D Blu-ray Iso playback. Is it clear, sharp, crosstalk free and takes time to load or its OK.
post #1356 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 AM

This weekend I made a lot of tests about crosstalk with the 3D Vision glasses monsters and I almost did not find any problem. Compared with Epson 3D glasses where crosstalk was certainly visible. Personally, I am very satisfied OPPO player in the quality of video playback. I can only recommend.
post #1357 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 AM

If I am not wrong, nVidia 3D vision glasses dont work with 3010. How were your results with Monster?
post #1358 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle View Post

This weekend I made a lot of tests about crosstalk with the 3D Vision glasses monsters and I almost did not find any problem. Compared with Epson 3D glasses where crosstalk was certainly visible. Personally, I am very satisfied OPPO player in the quality of video playback. I can only recommend.

can you say which discs you saw the crosstalk on please? after playing with the settings (3d cinema low lamp etc) i tried a few 3d discs (flying swords dragon tiger gate, glee, lion king, tintin, happy feet 2, avatar and 2d-3d using the built in panasonic 310) the only one to exhibit crosstalk was happy feet 2 (really bad crosstalk) this is using the epson glasses.

Please Visit My 11.2 3D Home Cinema Shed 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1359 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 10:47 PM

Mankhan, I gotta be really honest with you, the Xtremer Prodigy has been very amazing. I have played the BD 3D isos and not once have I experienced anything visually awful RBE/Ghosting/Crosstalk, not even minimally. It just had a UI update via firmware and theres a movie jukebox now and it loox awesome. Whats great is that all 3D vids- isos, SBS, O/U will play without a hitch and they immediately send out the 3D signal to glasses and you have 3D immediately. I also like the fact that you can play with the depth setting in 3D so that you can minimize or exaggerate the 3D effect while the video is playing. You have internet video access, browser, Android apps, its a very versatile media player.
LL
LL
LL
post #1360 of 2004 Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvader View Post

can you say which discs you saw the crosstalk on please? after playing with the settings (3d cinema low lamp etc) i tried a few 3d discs (flying swords dragon tiger gate, glee, lion king, tintin, happy feet 2, avatar and 2d-3d using the built in panasonic 310) the only one to exhibit crosstalk was happy feet 2 (really bad crosstalk) this is using the epson glasses.

I tried Alice in Wonderland, Despicable Me and some test video...
post #1361 of 2004 Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Vader View Post

Mankhan, I gotta be really honest with you, the Xtremer Prodigy has been very amazing. I have played the BD 3D isos and not once have I experienced anything visually awful RBE/Ghosting/Crosstalk, not even minimally. It just had a UI update via firmware and theres a movie jukebox now and it loox awesome. Whats great is that all 3D vids- isos, SBS, O/U will play without a hitch and they immediately send out the 3D signal to glasses and you have 3D immediately. I also like the fact that you can play with the depth setting in 3D so that you can minimize or exaggerate the 3D effect while the video is playing. You have internet video access, browser, Android apps, its a very versatile media player.

Thanks Death Vader a lot. I am going to buy it for sure.
post #1362 of 2004 Old 04-24-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankhan View Post

Thanks Death Vader a lot. I am going to buy it for sure.

Yes its cheap and working but he cant compare to Marvell's Kyoto-G2 video processor. Its amazing video cpu with greate video quality. If you want have greate best picture you will take it. Or you will wait on new sigma cpu SMP8910. This is little test on OPPO player: http://www.hdfever.fr/2011/06/27/tes...-par-audiocom/ RTL1186 its good chip but not so much powerfull.
post #1363 of 2004 Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 AM

^^
I understand your point and thankful for your input but oppo is far expenssive then Xtreamer and so far as death vader confirmed that its 3D video is crosstalk free then I should go for that. Its all about budget and video quality.
post #1364 of 2004 Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM

yes you have right, but if you will wait on 2-3/2012 they will release new sigma and thats will be bether option like realtek chip. Truest mem i bought Extreamer prodigy and returned in 14 days. They have unbalanced FW and always found some bug. But 3D ISO he can play wel...
post #1365 of 2004 Old 04-24-2012, 06:09 PM

Riddle, there will always be more expensive and 'better' processors etc etc. Right now I am saying that the Xtremer is performing like a champ and although the price is awesome, it is not at all a cheaply made product. My HTPC was a whole hell of a lot more powerful, but I am glad I was able to get rid of the clutter and have a streaming/playing device contained within the footprint of the Prodigy. And I have owned the Xtremer Prodigy over a month with the new firmware I installed, and I have not experienced unbalanced firmware, in fact, like I already mentioned, the new firmware has given the Prodigy more content and a phenomenal User interface in the guise of a Movie Jukebox.
post #1366 of 2004 Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 PM

I got Prodigy for test 4 mounths back, and realy dont works , meybe thay fixed they erros.
post #1367 of 2004 Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:

Riddle, there will always be more expensive and 'better' processors etc etc. Right now I am saying that the Xtremer is performing like a champ and although the price is awesome, it is not at all a cheaply made product. My HTPC was a whole hell of a lot more powerful, but I am glad I was able to get rid of the clutter and have a streaming/playing device contained within the footprint of the Prodigy. And I have owned the Xtremer Prodigy over a month with the new firmware I installed, and I have not experienced unbalanced firmware, in fact, like I already mentioned, the new firmware has given the Prodigy more content and a phenomenal User interface in the guise of a Movie Jukebox.

Is updating firmware easy on Xtreamer or it needs some company/service center to install it. Can you describe a bit that how did you installed latest firmware. Did you download from its website (please give me the link) and put it in USB and insert it into Xtreamer and that is it? Please advise in detail.
post #1368 of 2004 Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 AM

I have observed something which i share here with you all. I have noticed that when I start watching any 3D BD and upon cold start of 3010, i face no any crosstalk/ghosting and 3D picture/video comes out to be great with great depth pop outs depending on movie but not a single hint of crosstalk whether i use EPSON or Monster glasses. But after 10-15 minutes I start feeling crosstalk/ghosting and another 15 minutes when PJ is fully hot, crosstalk becomes permanent. Can any one confirm if this also happening with others. Please check your PJ cold start vs fully heat up after 15 minutes. If so what could be the possible remedy (other then replacement) to fix this issue.
post #1369 of 2004 Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
My Fry's purchase came bundled with this:
http://inlandproduct.com/proht84elec...creen-1-1.aspx

Got my handyman to mount the screen

Messy isn't it, must construct a better mount for the FPJ it needs to be a bit higher, am stuck with a combo family room/kitchen with the FP on a kitchen counter.
What the H, it works

The screen shots show the Epson above my LG 55LH90, deeper blacks on the LH90 but not bad on the 3010 which has an initial calibration with ChromaPure Prof autocal and the D3 Pro using the FP off screen setting.

Keep in mind that my HT uses the DVDO iScan Duo VP to process all sources so my settings would be useless for anyone that does not have that VP.

The 3010 is connected to the Duo with a Monoprice 25 foot HI Speed HDMI cable
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Tests with the Panny 210 3D player running IMax "Deep Sea", "Under the Sea" " Legends of Flight", "Avatar" show excellent 3D performance.

The camera used for these shots is a Panasonic TZ5 9.1 MP with 10X Leica zoom lens:
http://www.dpreview.com/products/pan...nasonic_dmctz5

The shots were reduced using the IRFanview batch processor to 50% height and width to comply with AVS size restrictions.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

Certified HDTV junkie and AVS addict
U.S. Army FA WWII
post #1370 of 2004 Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have observed something which i share here with you all. I have noticed that when I start watching any 3D BD and upon cold start of 3010, i face no any crosstalk/ghosting and 3D picture/video comes out to be great with great depth pop outs depending on movie but not a single hint of crosstalk whether i use EPSON or Monster glasses. But after 10-15 minutes I start feeling crosstalk/ghosting and another 15 minutes when PJ is fully hot, crosstalk becomes permanent. Can any one confirm if this also happening with others. Please check your PJ cold start vs fully heat up after 15 minutes. If so what could be the possible remedy (other then replacement) to fix this issue.

I dont remember this when i used to use epson glasses.....for me cross talk was issue was specific to a few movies.

you may try to keep the PJ cooler and see if it helps ? i do it by running the fan in high altitude mode and also suck hot air from exhaust vent with an external fan
post #1371 of 2004 Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Epson 3010 = 49 reviews
Optoma HD33 = 43 (released more than several months before Epson)
Acer H9500BD = 6
post #1372 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

I dont remember this when i used to use epson glasses.....for me cross talk was issue was specific to a few movies.

you may try to keep the PJ cooler and see if it helps ? i do it by running the fan in high altitude mode and also suck hot air from exhaust vent with an external fan

Thanks Falafala, this exactly what i was thinking but which extra fan i can put on exhaust vent?
post #1373 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

Can you take plz some pictures how you make it?
Thanks
post #1374 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 03:26 AM

Hi

The picture on the 100'' screen looks terribly "washed out" compared to the tv, is it in dynamic mode with full power on lamp ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmother View Post

My Fry's purchase came bundled with this:
http://inlandproduct.com/proht84electricprojectionscreen-1-1.aspx

Got my handyman to mount the screen

Messy isn't it, must construct a better mount for the FPJ it needs to be a bit higher, am stuck with a combo family room/kitchen with the FP on a kitchen counter.
What the H, it works

The screen shots show the Epson above my LG 55LH90, deeper blacks on the LH90 but not bad on the 3010 which has an initial calibration with ChromaPure Prof autocal and the D3 Pro using the FP off screen setting.

Keep in mind that my HT uses the DVDO iScan Duo VP to process all sources so my settings would be useless for anyone that does not have that VP.

The 3010 is connected to the Duo with a Monoprice 25 foot HI Speed HDMI cable
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=3990&seq=1&format=2

Tests with the Panny 210 3D player running IMax "Deep Sea", "Under the Sea" " Legends of Flight", "Avatar" show excellent 3D performance.

The camera used for these shots is a Panasonic TZ5 9.1 MP with 10X Leica zoom lens:
http://www.dpreview.com/products/panasonic/compacts/panasonic_dmctz5

The shots were reduced using the IRFanview batch processor to 50% height and width to comply with AVS size restrictions.

post #1375 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdanmark View Post

Hi
The picture on the 100'' screen looks terribly "washed out" compared to the tv, is it in dynamic mode with full power on lamp ???

Its normal. Black levels on projectors suck when compared to plasma/lcd TVs. Effect is more prominent in ambient light.
post #1376 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 06:16 AM

I think the issue might be the quality of fox news......bet cnn is way more accurate.

But enough of that fun...I agree that the ghosting seems to be movie specific rather than how long projector has been on for my epson. I am going to try the monster glasses again as I may have a bad pair...i just didn't notice any difference with them so i'm guessing I got a pair that just didn't work too well...I also think there are some movies...especially the direct tv content...that is going to ghost on the epson no matter what glasses you use as the 3d quality is subpar...probably just the trade off you live with for better brightness of Epson v. the minimal crosstalk, but dimmer, DLP 3d.
post #1377 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks Falafala, this exactly what i was thinking but which extra fan i can put on exhaust vent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle View Post

Can you take plz some pictures how you make it?
Thanks

There is nothing special i did.

Read somewhere on AVS that cooler bulbs last longer. Not sure ho much this applies to Epson LCD PJs so do any of this at your own risk.

Someone warned me not to blow air into right intake vent but thats its ok to put an exhaust fan in front of the left vent. I dont have an exhaust fan so used a small table top fan.

I got a small table fan that blows air from the back of the PJ on the left side (mine is table mounted) such that the hot air coming from left vent is blown away from the PJ faster and my PJ is always cool to touch.

BTW I had to do all this because my PJ sits right next to my couch and it was overheating because the hot air from exhaust is accumulating next to my couch.

All this makes the PJ operation more noisy but it doesn't bother me a bit
post #1378 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman600 View Post

I think the issue might be the quality of fox news......bet cnn is way more accurate.

But enough of that fun...I agree that the ghosting seems to be movie specific rather than how long projector has been on for my epson. I am going to try the monster glasses again as I may have a bad pair...i just didn't notice any difference with them so i'm guessing I got a pair that just didn't work too well...I also think there are some movies...especially the direct tv content...that is going to ghost on the epson no matter what glasses you use as the 3d quality is subpar...probably just the trade off you live with for better brightness of Epson v. the minimal crosstalk, but dimmer, DLP 3d.

Did you tune the monsters ? The only way to know if the tuning is working is you notice ghosting get worse if you mistune them...conversely it should get better if you tune them right. Read the instructions and be patient, you will get there. Also always look from top of the lenses as the bottom of the lenses will have worse ghosting as documented elsewhere.
post #1379 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdanmark View Post

Hi

No, PJ was in Cinema mode (ECO) with some ambient light.
Also keep in mind that the 55LH90 is a full LED back lit with local dimming LCD and has superior shadow detail and blacks.

Moreover the 3010 calibration was a rush job and I did not set the contrast and black level because the Duo patterns for those settings are very poor.
I will have to use the AVCHD pattern disc in the Panny 210 to set those parameters.

Then it is known that Epsons PJ's are notorious for saturation errors when calibrated with 100% saturation patterns and should be calibrated with 75% saturation patterns. The Duo generator does not have those so again one needs to use the AVCHD patterns. If the 3010 suffers from that I will have to try a calibration with 75% saturation patterns.

Another problem is that my tripod is not tall enough to elevate the D3 colorimeter to see the pattern window at the screen center so I had to tilt the PJ down ~15 degrees. This may have affected the calibration as well.

More work to do when time permits.

Certified HDTV junkie and AVS addict
U.S. Army FA WWII
post #1380 of 2004 Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:

can you please confirm that your prodigy perfectly plays 3D BD Iso with DTS-HD MA audio streaming to your external A/V receiver, if yes then what is your audio setup?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010e Full Hd 1080p 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector With Integrated Spe , Projectors
Gear in this thread - 3010e by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page