My Epson 3010 projector just arrived! - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 2003 Old 04-27-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 157
This thing's plenty bright for a 130" image in a decently controlled environment? I can place it as close as need be to the screen.

I just don't know if there's a better all-around option for $1500 right now.

Shame about the lag for games, but that's a small % of use for me.

thanks and have a great weekend, all.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 2003 Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle View Post

I got Prodigy for test 4 mounths back, and realy dont works , meybe thay fixed they erros.

I got it working for 3D BD Iso files and it is superb.
post #1383 of 2003 Old 04-29-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Vader View Post

Mankhan, I gotta be really honest with you, the Xtremer Prodigy has been very amazing. I have played the BD 3D isos and not once have I experienced anything visually awful RBE/Ghosting/Crosstalk, not even minimally. It just had a UI update via firmware and theres a movie jukebox now and it loox awesome. Whats great is that all 3D vids- isos, SBS, O/U will play without a hitch and they immediately send out the 3D signal to glasses and you have 3D immediately. I also like the fact that you can play with the depth setting in 3D so that you can minimize or exaggerate the 3D effect while the video is playing. You have internet video access, browser, Android apps, its a very versatile media player.

So i purchased prodigy an dyou were damn right, it is amazing and every things it plays perfectly.

However, you mentioned about 3D depth control, can you tell me how to do that? Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I found it.
post #1384 of 2003 Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 AM

OK, This thread is dead again. Let us start with something interesting. I believe that every body is happy with their 3010 and enjoying at its max. So whenever you see any 3D movie share your experience here that how was the movie, how were 3D effects, crosstalk, etc. Even if you have seen same movie several times share here.

Yesterday I watched again Under the Sea Narrated by Jim Carrey, and i enjoyed it move than before. Its amazing and should be played for show off your 3D system. I wish hollywood start using 3D cameras to make movies so our 3D projectors work at their maximum. There is no fun for a movies which is converted form 2D to 3D but if the same movie is made with 3D cameras, wow, it would be fun like Journey to the center of the earth and few more. So if any fella did not see this Under the Sea then go ahead rent it or buy it and enjoy your 3010. I watched it over 135" screen from 15 feet distance and it has amazing depth, pop outs, clarity, sharpness, every thing is crystal clear and sparkling above all no crosstalk at all either with epson glasses or with Monsters. Sinec it is narrated by jim cary, you shall really enjoy it.
post #1385 of 2003 Old 05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
It has been reported that the 2012 London Summer Olympics will be broadcast in 3D.

I urge posters here will examine their Cable ISP, FIOS, Comcast, TWC etc and report on the availability of such broadcasts.

Also my TWC has an ESPN3D channel but it is an extra subscription and I am reluctant to subscribe only to find mediocre 3D performance.
Any poster that has this available care to report on the quality of ESPN3D ?

BTW the Imax "under the sea" is indeed excellent, no doubt because it was filmed at the outset for BR 3D home presentation whereas "Deep Sea' "Legends of Flight" are converted from the original Theatre presentation. Still very good but not up to the quality of "under the sea"

Epson 3010 to an 100 inch screen.

Certified HDTV junkie and AVS addict
U.S. Army FA WWII
post #1386 of 2003 Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmother View Post

BTW the Imax "under the sea" is indeed excellent, no doubt because it was filmed at the outset for BR 3D home presentation whereas "Deep Sea' "Legends of Flight" are converted from the original Theatre presentation. Still very good but not up to the quality of "under the sea"

Epson 3010 to an 100 inch screen.

Thanks for taking initiative. Well i have both "Deep Sea" and "Legends of Flight", but I believe that legends is originally presented in 3D as it has too great depth, popouts, clarity, same like under the sea with no crosstalk and 3010 worked at its maximum when i watched legends. I shall watch it again for sure. I shall check Deep Sea again and would comment v.soon as i dont remember ho was it in 3010.
post #1387 of 2003 Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmother View Post

It has been reported that the 2012 London Summer Olympics will be broadcast in 3D.

I urge posters here will examine their Cable ISP, FIOS, Comcast, TWC etc and report on the availability of such broadcasts.

Also my TWC has an ESPN3D channel but it is an extra subscription and I am reluctant to subscribe only to find mediocre 3D performance.
Any poster that has this available care to report on the quality of ESPN3D ?

wow, 2012 Olympics broadcast in 3D? That will be something, could definitely push 3D usage/sales. Although I'm already at my wit's-end putting-up with Time Warner Cable's current charges, can't imagine what the addition of ESPN 3D would add? Let alone NBC Sports 3D?
post #1388 of 2003 Old 05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

wow, 2012 Olympics broadcast in 3D? That will be something, could definitely push 3D usage/sales. Although I'm already at my wit's-end putting-up with Time Warner Cable's current charges, can't imagine what the addition of ESPN 3D would add? Let alone NBC Sports 3D?

Bring up Titantv.com and load the TWC lineup for your zip code.
It will list what is up on ESPN3D.

For my zip it is TWC channel 895. Titantv will list what is showing.

U.S. Army FA WWII
post #1389 of 2003 Old 05-11-2012, 11:17 PM

Tangled in 3D! WOW!!! Admittedly I don't watch a ton of 3D movies on my 3010, but I've had it since October in a dedicated theater room so I've def seen my share. None of the other 3D content has the wow factor like this movie.
I watched it with my son last week, then after he went to bed I watched Dark of the Moon. The Transformers movie in 3D couldn't hold a candle to Tangled! Disney is just too good at this stuff.
post #1390 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzul View Post

I watched it with my son last week, then after he went to bed I watched Dark of the Moon. The Transformers movie in 3D couldn't hold a candle to Tangled! Disney is just too good at this stuff.

You are damn right. T dont know which people say that Dark of the moon is WOW in 3D BD, no depth no popouts, just flat. It stands no where near as 3D BDs like Tangled. I shall see it again soon.

Yesterday watched Deep Sea, Narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet and it is nice to see it on 3010 indeed but it is not as good as Under the Sea Narrated by Jim Carrey.
post #1391 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 01:33 PM

So I've hit the 500 hr mark on my 3010 and decided to do a full calibration on it using the Disney WOW calibration disk that came with my projector. Before I started I sat and watched some different clips from blu rays just to have a before and after reference. Starting out, the 3010 using cinema mode looked pretty Damn good to be honest.

So after making my room 100% dark I started going through all the different calibrations. I was surprised to see just how much I had to adjust! Everything needed to be adjusted in some form (some up and some down). After the calibration was complete, I re-watched those clips from a couple different blu rays I own and all I can say is holy Fu@k! MASSIVE, MASSIVE difference! This 3010 is wonderful projector and it displays a spectacular HD picture!

I Highly recommend calibrating your projectors if you guys haven't yet. I wouldn't bother with that yet unless it has about 200 or so hours on it.

Help a Family in need, Show Them We Care! Like it on Facebook and tweet it!
http://igg.me/p/171832?a=874546
post #1392 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

After some internet digging ESPN does not have rights to the Olympics so it has to be some flavor of NBC.
Perhaps NBCSN3D or NBC Universal whatever that is.
My TWC line up has NBCSN3D

It is also reported that Cable 3D willl be Mpeg4 format so your STB has to be Mpeg4 capable.
It was reported here that the Tivo Premiere is now Mpeg4 capable.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...47#post9090847

So keep digging guys and report here.
Would like to see the Indianapolis 500 in 3D as well.

More info here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1386327

Epson 3010 projecting to a 100 inch screen

U.S. Army FA WWII
post #1393 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Liked: 11
I might get to see an Epson 3010 in action.

What would you recommend as the ultimate 3D Crosstalk test ? Is there a 3D Blu-Ray, you think I should try, maybe right down to a specific scene or even a specific single picture on the Blu-Ray I could stop and freeze to look for crosstalk?

What is your goto 3D crosstalk test ???
post #1394 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Watched happy feet 2 3d and I must say its one frikking awesome 3d !

I hated the first one and bought this hesitantly for 3d and I was pleasantly surprised with a very entertaining story. This got to be the brightest 3d out there with super amazing depth....with infinite layers and sweeping vistas and frigging amazing camera pan work. The colors and sharpness is so eye popping and 3010 handles it so so very well ! There is hardly any pop outs but the depth nicely makes up for it. If only they added some pop outs it would put Sammy 3d to shame in story and animation quality.

I rarely remember the joy of watching a movie the next day, but for some reason I woke up with my spirits up after watching this...may be it exceed my wildest expectations !
post #1395 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture View Post

What would you recommend as the ultimate 3D Crosstalk test ? Is there a 3D Blu-Ray, you think I should try, maybe right down to a specific scene or even a specific single picture on the Blu-Ray I could stop and freeze to look for crosstalk?

Hugo

... Or one of the images constructed just for crosstalk measurement, can be found in this forum in threads titled measure your crosstalk.
post #1396 of 2003 Old 05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown Fan View Post

So I've hit the 500 hr mark on my 3010 and decided to do a full calibration on it using the Disney WOW calibration disk that came with my projector. Before I started I sat and watched some different clips from blu rays just to have a before and after reference. Starting out, the 3010 using cinema mode looked pretty Damn good to be honest.

So after making my room 100% dark I started going through all the different calibrations. I was surprised to see just how much I had to adjust! Everything needed to be adjusted in some form (some up and some down). After the calibration was complete, I re-watched those clips from a couple different blu rays I own and all I can say is holy Fu@k! MASSIVE, MASSIVE difference! This 3010 is wonderful projector and it displays a spectacular HD picture!

I Highly recommend calibrating your projectors if you guys haven't yet. I wouldn't bother with that yet unless it has about 200 or so hours on it.

Can you plese share your settings?
post #1397 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown Fan View Post

So I've hit the 500 hr mark on my 3010 and decided to do a full calibration on it using the Disney WOW calibration disk that came with my projector.

This calibration disk came with 3010 or with your old projector? As we did not get this disk with 3010!!! Can you please be kind enough that mention your settings and that what screen size you have. Thanks in advance for sharing your adjustments in 3010.
post #1398 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture View Post

I dont think there is any thing there in market to check 3D crosstalk and even if it is there i would not trust that thing as my eyes would simply tell me on crosstalk. Crosstalk is something which for the same projector many dont notice and a few notice as they are sensitive, like myself. If you are crosstalk sensitive then stop saying to yourself while watching 3D movie that there is crosstalk and you shall be surprised that you shall stop seeing crosstalk. Crosstalk is a strange phenomenon anyways.
post #1399 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

Watched happy feet 2 3d and I must say its one frikking awesome 3d !

I hated the first one and bought this hesitantly for 3d and I was pleasantly surprised with a very entertaining story. This got to be the brightest 3d out there with super amazing depth....with infinite layers and sweeping vistas and frigging amazing camera pan work. The colors and sharpness is so eye popping and 3010 handles it so so very well ! There is hardly any pop outs but the depth nicely makes up for it. If only they added some pop outs it would put Sammy 3d to shame in story and animation quality.

I rarely remember the joy of watching a movie the next day, but for some reason I woke up with my spirits up after watching this...may be it exceed my wildest expectations !

Totally agreed. Why did you take so long to watch this move, I have been crying out louder in this thread before and others that to watch this animation. You are damn right no any other animation perhaps even come closer to this animation technique. It is superb and sharp and crystal clear presentation and every thing looks so real and not animated at all. This movie is one in the Krillion. LOL. but i would say that sammy has its own charm. French team really worked hard on that too.
But above all, how come on earth your 3010 did not show any crosstalk on this movie, while every one out there (except DLP people) crying out that it has massive crosstalk in penguins faces/bodies due to their Black/White combination. I am really astonished and wish could come to your place and watch this on beer. What is your setup, i mean what is your blu-ray player? and belie me if you dont see crosstalk in this movie then your projector is top of 3010s production an dperhaps you have the best of 3010s. cheers
post #1400 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 AM

Since the release of Underworld: Awakening I have watched this movie twice and I enjoyed it more when i watched it 2nd time and I know when i shall watch it for 3rd time I shall enjoy more. My guess was that this movies is a conversion from 2D to 3D but some body on blu-ray.com told me NO, this movie has been made with Red Epic cameras in 3D so i trusted him. Well the movie is mostly picturised in less brightness perhaps due to lots of CG used but overall its really an enjoyable 3D flick. I did see a very little crosstalk in there, brightness and contrast are low, so you have to crank your settings up if you have very large screen but i think for 100 inches 3D dynamic should work fine. Above all its 7.1 DTS-HD audio makes your home cinema upside down. be careful to watch the volume on your AVR as you might burst your speakers due to massive low frequencies. If you have not seen it and like to enjoy your 3010 3D capabilities, then go ahead rent it or buy it and wacth it.
post #1401 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankhan View Post

Totally agreed. Why did you take so long to watch this move, I have been crying out louder in this thread before and others that to watch this animation. You are damn right no any other animation perhaps even come closer to this animation technique. It is superb and sharp and crystal clear presentation and every thing looks so real and not animated at all. This movie is one in the Krillion. LOL. but i would say that sammy has its own charm. French team really worked hard on that too.
But above all, how come on earth your 3010 did not show any crosstalk on this movie, while every one out there (except DLP people) crying out that it has massive crosstalk in penguins faces/bodies due to their Black/White combination. I am really astonished and wish could come to your place and watch this on beer. What is your setup, i mean what is your blu-ray player? and belie me if you dont see crosstalk in this movie then your projector is top of 3010s production an dperhaps you have the best of 3010s. cheers

I was waiting for a good price ($20 on amazon)

Even with me monsters, I saw ever so tiny bit of ghosting....but not enough to upset me

I have not checked, but I bet my Epson glasses would have seen a whole lot more.

I use a 1foot cable to connect my Samsung 6700 bluray to my 3010....
post #1402 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Since the release of Underworld: Awakening I have watched this movie twice and I enjoyed it more when i watched it 2nd time and I know when i shall watch it for 3rd time I shall enjoy more. My guess was that this movies is a conversion from 2D to 3D but some body on blu-ray.com told me NO, this movie has been made with Red Epic cameras in 3D so i trusted him. Well the movie is mostly picturised in less brightness perhaps due to lots of CG used but overall its really an enjoyable 3D flick. I did see a very little crosstalk in there, brightness and contrast are low, so you have to crank your settings up if you have very large screen but i think for 100 inches 3D dynamic should work fine. Above all its 7.1 DTS-HD audio makes your home cinema upside down. be careful to watch the volume on your AVR as you might burst your speakers due to massive low frequencies. If you have not seen it and like to enjoy your 3010 3D capabilities, then go ahead rent it or buy it and wacth it.

The 3d in this is pretty useless....I have seen better ! The story is very good though.

I used my headphones to watch it, I will try it again with my 7.1 AV. Next time.

See my next post on how you can get your Butt kicked.
post #1403 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Folks, I know this thread is about 3010 but who cares its not official owners thread and we all seem to digress into other topics as long as the 3010 is mentioned atleast once.

Since I satisfied this requirement twice in the above sentence let me tell you what I am unto off late.

I have a 7.1 onkyo av setup but rarely get to use its subwoofer to its full potential as my neighbors once complained....so offflate I am watching my movies with a 7.1 simulated TRITON headphones which do an amazing job. But I miss the subwoofer a lot.

So I bought a BUTTKICKER LFE kit from muscian's friend for a great discount and mounted it under my couch and I tell you this is one frigging awesome replacement for a subwoofer. It royally kicks your butt and whole body and the experience is incredible when watching a action packed movie. Now I can watch a movie in total silence but still feel the earh shake when BASS is used in the movie.

Its totally worthy addition to your HT setup !
post #1404 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 03:16 PM

^^
Can you please tell that how this whole thing works, i mean layout or how to connect each part, etc. I think i am interested to get this setup. But dont you think this is expensive??
post #1405 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Even with me monsters, I saw ever so tiny bit of ghosting....but not enough to upset me
I have not checked, but I bet my Epson glasses would have seen a whole lot more.
I use a 1foot cable to connect my Samsung 6700 bluray to my 3010....

Can you watch a little bit of this movie again with Epson glasses and tell us that you did see crosstalk or not? Also did you buy your Samsung 6700 after consulting EPSON technical support or that was your own choice, or someone recommended this to you as what I know that EPSON use this BD player in their lab to check 3D capability.
post #1406 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^
Can you please tell that how this whole thing works, i mean layout or how to connect each part, etc. I think i am interested to get this setup. But dont you think this is expensive??

This is the one I got http://www.amazon.com/ButtKicker-BK-...6953171&sr=8-1

If you directly order from musician friend you can get 15% off with one of their regular coupons and before doing that get a 4% cash back coupon from fatwallet...the whole thing cost me 360$ after 19% off plus 30$ tax. The kit has everything you need to shake up a large sectional couch. Watched the happy feet again today with Buttkicker and it's he whole couch was shaking like earth quake in some scenes and also draws you in with good vibes for a lot of music.

Layout is simple...split the subwoofer output from AV and send it to Buttkicker power amp and connect the power amp to Buttkicker LFE which I turn goes under the feet of the couch, which shakes up the whole couch when needed. I went one step further and directly mounted the Buttkicker LFE as some one in the amazon reviews recommended and it does even better job.
post #1407 of 2003 Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can you watch a little bit of this movie again with Epson glasses and tell us that you did see crosstalk or not? Also did you buy your Samsung 6700 after consulting EPSON technical support or that was your own choice, or someone recommended this to you as what I know that EPSON use this BD player in their lab to check 3D capability.

I tried Epson glasses today and they have very bad ghosting. Comparatively my ps3 glasses had lesser ghosting....monsters were the best.

I got 6700 because I needed a dual hdmi as my AV is not 3d capable and I did not want to upgrade it.

I am kicking myself for not getting the Panasonic bd310 instead as it used to have free avatar 3d, now the deal ended.

Bottom line the bluray player has nothing to do with ghosting...it's all between PJ and glasses.
post #1408 of 2003 Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 AM

In other threads they talk about the Epson 5010 having a torch mode that can be used for 3D. Does the 3010 have a torch mode for 3D use ?
post #1409 of 2003 Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:

This is the one I got http://www.amazon.com/ButtKicker-BK-...6953171&sr=8-1

If you directly order from musician friend you can get 15% off with one of their regular coupons and before doing that get a 4% cash back coupon from fatwallet...the whole thing cost me 360$ after 19% off plus 30$ tax. The kit has everything you need to shake up a large sectional couch. Watched the happy feet again today with Buttkicker and it's he whole couch was shaking like earth quake in some scenes and also draws you in with good vibes for a lot of music.

Layout is simple...split the subwoofer output from AV and send it to Buttkicker power amp and connect the power amp to Buttkicker LFE which I turn goes under the feet of the couch, which shakes up the whole couch when needed. I went one step further and directly mounted the Buttkicker LFE as some one in the amazon reviews recommended and it does even better job.

Thanks, good info you have shared. I have no any issue with neighbors or else. I already have Denon 991 and i have 7.1 audio setup with 15" subs in main front speakers, 12" subs in center and two side subs (LFE channels) which are 18" each. You can imagine not only butts but every thing shakes. But i like to try new electronic innovations and I shall try this buttkicker, why not.
post #1410 of 2003 Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:

I tried Epson glasses today and they have very bad ghosting. Comparatively my ps3 glasses had lesser ghosting....monsters were the best.

I got 6700 because I needed a dual hdmi as my AV is not 3d capable and I did not want to upgrade it.

I am kicking myself for not getting the Panasonic bd310 instead as it used to have free avatar 3d, now the deal ended.

Bottom line the bluray player has nothing to do with ghosting...it's all between PJ and glasses.

So your 3010 is not different from other 3010, the only difference that you have is having these monsters tuned very well, which somehow i am unable to do that well. I have tuned monsters to a degree that they show just may be 5-10% better then Epson but not more. I dont know whether the monsters which i have are bad or I could not tune it very like the way you have done. Is there any secret in tuning Monsters?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010e Full Hd 1080p 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector With Integrated Spe , Projectors
Gear in this thread - 3010e by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page