My Epson 3010 projector just arrived! - Page 68 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2011 of 2019 Old 12-27-2014, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 11
We have had our home theater system for about 2 or 3 years. Never had a problem. We love it. Turned it on today and on the right side of the screen it is blue. Like from the bottom up the screen about 3/4 of the way everything is blue. The picture is still there but everything is the color blue. Any ideas as to what it could be? Could my bulb be going out?

I have an Epson 3010. 1433 hours on the bulb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	444042  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2019 Old 12-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Another pic. Sorry I can't get the pic turned correctly. The blue stripe is on the right hand side of the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	444050  
post #2013 of 2019 Old 12-29-2014, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
action_jackson

is your projector issue fixed? mine started doing the same.
post #2014 of 2019 Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gonzalez View Post
action_jackson

is your projector issue fixed? mine started doing the same.
Yes, mine is fixed. I replaced the old filter with a new one and everything has been good for the last couple of weeks. I had cleaned the old filter regularly, but it just had too much build up in the fabric to allow enough air to pass through. I found the filter on the wal-mart website and had it shipped to store.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #2015 of 2019 Old 12-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinomike View Post
Another pic. Sorry I can't get the pic turned correctly. The blue stripe is on the right hand side of the screen.
Mine is doing something similar, but not as bad as yours. I have my projector mounted on the ceiling so it is inverted. The trouble with mine is on the lower left corner of the image. When I first power the projector on it is very noticeable, but after it warms up it fades. It used to fade away completely after about 10 minutes, but now it never entirely fades away anymore.

At first I was not worried about it too much, but now it is getting annoying. I read in another thread that it was caused by something in the light path, not the bulb or the LCD pannels, but something else. I have had similar issues with my last two projectors, the Sanyo PLV Z2 and the Epson HC 400.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #2016 of 2019 Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Folks, if your 3010 needs a bulb replacement or a repair, I highly recommend you to look into upgrading to one of the many new DLP projectors. I was a big fan of 3010 3 years ago as it was the only PJ that combined many goodies like 2-year warranty, brightness, vibrant film-like image quality, excellent 3D performance with minor cross talk. Now that the bulb aged rapidly even at 1800 hrs, the cross-talk has become unacceptable. I am quite upset with this degradation as bulb aging should only make the image dimmer but not destroy the quality.

Now i am cross roads of plunking in $300 for a new bulb and instead I decided to switch to Optoma HD25LV for $600 more (included 4 year square trade warranty). Its a HUGE upgrade in every conceivable way. The image is super bright even in ECO mode and even in 3D. The razor sharp ZERO-cross-talk 3D is a thing to behold.With 3010 I had to consciously ignore the layer of cross talk that corrupted the image in the background and double image in foreground. Now I can see endless amount of detail and perceive the amazing layering in many of the previous 3D movies. Even in 2D, if you tune it properly using something as simple as Disney WOW, the image quality is superb.

If the bulb costs on 3010 fall, I may buy one just to get the film-like image that I quite loved about 3010, but otherwise, I see no reason to go back to it.

Last edited by falafala; 12-30-2014 at 02:02 PM.
post #2017 of 2019 Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post
Folks, if your 3010 needs a bulb replacement or a repair, I highly recommend you to look into upgrading to one of the many new DLP projectors. I was a big fan of 3010 3 years ago as it was the only PJ that combined many goodies like 2-year warranty, brightness, vibrant film-like image quality, excellent 3D performance with minor cross talk. Now that the bulb aged rapidly even at 1800 hrs, the cross-talk has become unacceptable. I am quite upset with this degradation as bulb aging should only make the image dimmer but not destroy the quality.

Now i am cross roads of plunking in $300 for a new bulb and instead I decided to switch to Optoma HD25LV for $600 more (included 4 year square trade warranty). Its a HUGE upgrade in every conceivable way. The image is super bright even in ECO mode and even in 3D. The razor sharp ZERO-cross-talk 3D is a thing to behold.With 3010 I had to consciously ignore the layer of cross talk that corrupted the image in the background and double image in foreground. Now I can see endless amount of detail and perceive the amazing layering in many of the previous 3D movies. Even in 2D, if you tune it properly using something as simple as Disney WOW, the image quality is superb.

If the bulb costs on 3010 fall, I may buy one just to get the film-like image that I quite loved about 3010, but otherwise, I see no reason to go back to it.

Folks I also got to check out 3000 lumen Optoma HD141X which you can get on Amazon for ~550$. For just 250$ more than the stupid bulb cost of 3010 this DLP projector beats the crap out of 3010 in 2D, brightness, sharpness, picture quality and most importantly offers awesome 3D with ZERO crosstalk that does not degrade as bulb ages as in 3010. The only reason I prefer the more expensive HD25-LV are for the extra lumens it gives in 3D for my 150" screen. If you have smaller screens I would think 141x would be a great upgrade over 3010. I will NEVER EVER buy another LCD PJ after seeing what I have seen with these newer DLPs.
post #2018 of 2019 Unread Today, 02:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^
falafala, you comments are duly noted with interest, however, I would like to ask that to please confirm that your DLP optoma, does deliver sharp picture images as of 3010 or not really. I really doubt that these DLP projectors can deliver sharp images otherwise what so hard for Panasonic or Epson to change their projection systems to DLP. Also one has to put DLP far back from the screen to get desire image size as compare to 3010? Is that correct. Also since 3010's lamp fades out with time, our eyes get used to of the dimmer image with time, if you just place the new lamp in 3010 its image will astonish you at once with brightness and sharpness together.
post #2019 of 2019 Unread Today, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankhan View Post
^^^
falafala, you comments are duly noted with interest, however, I would like to ask that to please confirm that your DLP optoma, does deliver sharp picture images as of 3010 or not really. I really doubt that these DLP projectors can deliver sharp images otherwise what so hard for Panasonic or Epson to change their projection systems to DLP. Also one has to put DLP far back from the screen to get desire image size as compare to 3010? Is that correct. Also since 3010's lamp fades out with time, our eyes get used to of the dimmer image with time, if you just place the new lamp in 3010 its image will astonish you at once with brightness and sharpness together.
If you laid your eyes on these DLPs, you will never look back. They offer laser sharp images which are super bright and most importatly zero cross talk 3D that LCDs cant come close (on the test grid on 3010, the colors do not even line up wile on DLP you see pure white lines).

Sure I did consider plunking in $300 on 3010 bulb and I have no doubt the image brightness will impress me as it did when i bought it 3 years ago, but I am sick of the cross talk that degrades as bulb ages.

I highly recommend upgrading to DLP for just another 250-300$ more. You will thank me for that
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010e Full Hd 1080p 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector With Integrated Spe , Projectors
Gear in this thread - 3010e by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page