AVS Forum banner
299K views 2K replies 291 participants last post by  hoopsbwc34 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! So I think this is my first post I've been reading the site for what seems like a long time now. So many great insights and technical as well as moral support on here. Anyways I just received my Epson 3010. I did an unboxing video and put it up on youtube. I listed the link below. Ill have a more in-depth review up most likely tomorrow. I felt like this could be a good way to introduce myself, but for now you'll all have to be a little patient...

-Rob

See less See more
#5 ·
wtf? I thought the epson was DELAYED? GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!! Where'd you get it?

Edit: Projector People shows they're shipping the 3010 now.

Can you get an Optoma HD3300 and compare it against your 3010, then return one of them for us? xD!!! Thanks.

WirelessHD version not shipping yet?

Can you put the more in depth review up tonight (xD)? What other projectors have you set up/seen?

#7 ·
Well I wouldn't want to offend Epson of America. I took down the video, Ill hold off on my review of the unit until there are some "official" reviews out. It was not ordered as a review unit, nor did i request it as a review unit. Ill even hold back from letting everyone know where I ordered it. Just got done playing some Gears of War 3 in 3d. I will say its awesome and leave it at that for now. Hope I didn't ruffle anyone's feathers.

#10 ·
I can, I've seen the 8700, 8350 as well as the hd33 in person. I don't want to start any issues with posting anything I'm not supposed to be. Maybe I was sent a review unit by accident I really have no idea? Everything looks to be production though. I preordered couple weeks ago.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket360 /forum/post/21069139

I can, I've seen the 8700, 8350 as well as the hd33 in person. I don't want to start any issues with posting anything I'm not supposed to be. Maybe I was sent a review unit by accident I really have no idea? Everything looks to be production though. I preordered couple weeks ago.

Ya i would be tight lipped if i were you...

#14 ·
fraisa, if he's honestly a consumer and you're convincing him to withold his opinion, you're being a d-bag.

sprocket360, if you aren't under any kind of distributor or reviewer relationship with Epson, you should ignore this guy and give your honest opinion. Many of us are chomping at the bit to hear how it performs!!

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp /forum/post/21069271

fraisa, if he's honestly a consumer and you're convincing him to withold his opinion, you're being a d-bag.

sprocket360, if you aren't under any kind of distributor or reviewer relationship with Optoma, you should ignore this guy and give your honest opinion. Many of us are chomping at the bit to hear how it performs!!

Defiance....

It is not an optoma Projector ...

Its an Epson......lol

#16 ·
As stated in the other thread, irrelevant typo. You're still being a d-bag if he's honestly a consumer. So I happen to be going back and forth between the optioma & epson threads right now, eagerly awaiting these results. Want to guess how many of the consumers you're screwing with right now are doing the same? Why don't you stop threatening honest consumers and go back to harping on the products you sell (epson/mitsubishi/black diamond) while pretending it's just an honest opinion!

#17 ·
yea... no prob if you bought it and arnt under a NDA,put the vid back up.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket360 /forum/post/21069139

If you paid your hard earned dollar, let no one scare you into silence. This is a unit you own and you have every right to talk about it publicly....its called free speech

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp /forum/post/0

sprocket360, if you aren't under any kind of distributor or reviewer relationship with Optoma, you should ignore this guy and give your honest opinion. Many of us are chomping at the bit to hear how it performs!!

I am a consumer, no disclosure forms or any contracts signed. But, if it was a mistake I'd prefer to not be held accountable I wouldn't want this to have any blowback for any of the parties involved. I'll say I have no buyers remorse, for 1500 bucks it performs better then last years completion I've seen selling for more. This is going from memory and without having a projector of any value in my home to compare it to side by side, so take it for what you will. The 3d xbox games I've tried tonight have been very impressive. I didn't notice any artifacting, ghosting, crosstalk etc. Aiming in 3d took a bit of getting used to but I think that's more game/player then projector issue. Very very respectable black levels... I'll try to get it calibrated tomorrow and see how much more awesome can be sqeaked out of it.. I'll leave it at that, I still want Epson to honor their warranty incase anything happens haha!

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket360 /forum/post/21069350

I am a consumer, no disclosure forms or any contracts signed. But, if it was a mistake I'd prefer to not be held accountable I wouldn't want this to have any blowback for any of the parties involved. I'll say I have no buyers remorse, for 1500 bucks it performs better then last years completion I've seen selling for more. This is going from memory and without having a projector of any value in my home to compare it to side by side, so take it for what you will. The 3d xbox games I've tried tonight have been very impressive. I didn't notice any artifacting, ghosting, crosstalk etc. Aiming in 3d took a bit of getting used to but I think that's more game/player then projector issue. Very very respectable black levels... I'll try to get it calibrated tomorrow and see how much more awesome can be sqeaked out of it.. I'll leave it at that, I still want Epson to honor their warranty incase anything happens haha!

You are using an anonymous username...what are you afraid of ? especially you seem to have only good things to say ! Please say a word...HD33/00 or 3010 for 3D ?

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfanatic /forum/post/21069453

xbox doesn't do 3D, unless you mean the projector converts it, then I would think that would be just meh, compared to real 3D.

XBox has a few 3D games out with Gears of War 3 being the latest. Along with Call of Duty Black Ops and Avatar.

#24 ·
Can you confirm there is no lens shift

Also this fraise guy is really annoying! Tries to sell hugely priced screens in a sub 3k projector forum, furthermore he's not an assured advertiser

Check with epson if your worried as there are soo many people who want to hear your views on here, your not a professional reviewer just a consumer. I am sure units have shipped to consumers numerous times before they have been reviewed

It's annoying this has even been raised as an issue, you've paid our money it is yours to have your opinion over!!

#25 ·
dude i saw the youtube video, very cool looking. he seemed to act like a normal user and not reviewer, he also mentioned he appeared to be the first guy who has put something up on youtube. this guy seems legit, although he was probably just a browser of AVS before joining.

Remember, projector people is already shipping the 3010. Who wants to bite first? I'll send an email asking about the revisioning of the units. Maybe the 3010E is the one getting revised- because that one isn't shipping yet. I'd assume Projector Reviews/Central is reviewing the E version.

and fraisa I like you man, but it's not right to scare a new AVS forum member like that - you ought to be careful yourself, LOL.

And nothign to be afraid of from Epson, it was supposed to be delayed production (from review sites) because they had to tweak some things, so I might be a little worried if you have the latest revision?

-ELmO

#26 ·
You have to be kidding Fraisa. We are all waiting for a review of this PJ and you unnecessarily scare him?

Sprocket360: Please continue! How loud is the iris? What is the vertical offset for the PJ? (Where do you have the PJ mounted in height and what is the height of the image? ...and what is the size of the image?) If you then zoom in and out does the top of the image stay put or move up/down? I *really* could use answers to these questions!

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.