The Official Acer H9500BD Thread - Page 159 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4741 of 4744 Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The wife and I watched Gravity in 3d with the new bulb, looked really good. Much better than the theater. I really think I am going to using dlp for a long while. I love the focus, motion handling and 3d performance. I was thinking about a 5030 but saw one recently at a home theater store and was reminded of yet another plus for dlp, a higher fill ratio. The pixels on LCD are far more noticeable when you get closer to the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4744 Old 04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post

10 months and mine won't even power on anymore. I tried to get service to do a chat but they make you put in the serial # and they tell me my warranty expired 3 months before I even got it.

I did finally get a hold of someone. Have my fingers crossed. I LOVE the PJ and the 3D but there are so many little headaches with it. With all the issues this model has had I really wouldn't mess with a refurb again.

To their credit, Acer absolutely did right by me. The PJ was NOT under warranty any more (be more careful buying a refurb than I was- a 3 mo PJ warranty is nearly worthless) but they fixed it at what had to have been extreme cost to them (optical block and many more parts were replaced) and they even shipped it back to me next day air as I needed it for a gathering that had been on the calendar for a long time.

It works (knocking on wood) like a champ and I now consider it one of the best values I have ever bought (got it for ~$700 refurb). The 3D is awesome and I don't see any rainbows.
joepaiii likes this.
post #4743 of 4744 Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Figured I'd come back and toss a comment in here. My second H9500BD (full replacement) has worked pretty well, but I do occasionally need to completely unplug it and replug it because the red standby light is not lit. Downside: Every time this happens, I loose all my custom configuration for colors/brightness/etc.

If I were advising anyone now, I'd say steer clear of the unit. Too many small issues that kept it from being a solid purchase. When it's working, it does have a great picture and (at the time I bought it) an untouchable feature set for the price.

Hoping I get another 12 months out of mine.
post #4744 of 4744 Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good to hear there are still some 9500s out there making their owners happy!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Projectors , Acer H9500bd 3d 1080p Home Theater Projector , Optoma Kt4348 3d Ready Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - Kt4348 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page