which LED project to pick? Acer K330 or Optoma or Viewsonic? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks Jeff !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff J View Post

did you see the projector central review? review highlights the lack or a color control and "neon" looking colors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph22 View Post

The casual consumers appeal for these projectors is the fact you get big screen for small price, but things changed

People in the past had to chose between 4000$ 50inch 720p HDTV vs 1000$ projector

Now it's for 700$~ you get one of those

50Inch 1080p HDTV with great IQ/no side issues VS
70-90inch 720p with average IQ and lot of issues that annoys people.

And you don't get noisy sounds, no CA, no focus change, no lack of inputs/outputs/bad black levels/lack of brightness at daytime/bad IQ (CA/blur/focus uniformity/etc)/etc by going with HDTV instead of those awful projectors

lol i know it sounds like ranting but I'm not, My point is only HDTV are getting bigger and cheaper as we speak while projectors are going backward with ton of issues that shouldn't exist in the first place (seems like they are trying to make quick money only) while resolution is lower (you need the high resolution for a big screen)/not bright enough to support really "big" screen which is the advantage of the projectors

Not really My acer k11 gives a nice colorful 86" image at only 200 lumens only downfall of it is its resolution my point being you can get pretty large images out of LED projectors giving a more home theater feel then you get with a 50" Plasma or lcd HDTV. LED's are getting more popular because people are getting tired or paying $$$ for new lamps that only work well for 65-70 percent of there life. LED Projectors are allot more hassle free is you can put aside the small problems. Besides when I watch a movie I always have my surround sound on so A fan is not even gonna faze me.
post #33 of 33 Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Hi, I'm currently in the same boat, and I'm a bit lost with the 3d support. I was going to buy the acer k330 because it has audio out for £380 uk amazon, but it seems it only accepts a 4:3 3d picture from vga at 1024/768, and its not supported by any of the 3d converter boxes. This will be my first projector, and I'm looking to to use a 120" screen. I understand this 500 lumens isn't enough for 120" 3d screen, so I'd probably down scale to 60-80" for 3d content. I plan on keeping it for a few years, maybe pick up a converter box second hand or while on sale. I'm not in a hurry to set up 3d but I would like it as an option in the near future. Do I have to choose between having audio out or 16/9 720p 3d support? If a newer 3d converter box was released that syncs with the acer k330 would that allow 16/9 720p 3d, or are they hardware/firmware limited? I read that someone got 3d with the acer using HD fury, and the dvi pin hack, but i am not sure if it was 16:9 720p or just 4:3 1024/768.
Help my brain hurts!
Thanks.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page