Projector Selection Help...room issues inside - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So i would like to get the Mitsubishi HC4000. But if i am looking at these calculators right i do not think it will work. Room is as follows.

10.5 x 18ft

First row is 10ft back. Second is against back wall and raised.

Currently have Optoma HD65 and looking for something 1080 with better motion...seems i see some blurring on fast scenes. Currently have Optoma mounted about 5 inches from ceiling. Current screen size is 102" painted wall with top of screen 11" from ceiling. Room height is 8' at front screen and 8'4" where current PJ is mounted (converted part of my garage to movie room so it has a slope to the room). Definitely do not want to lower the screen much more as i have tower speakers and center for the surround setup (biggest concern from the calculators i have read if i input and interpreted correctly).

I can mount PJ at any distance. This is my cave and the wife and kids love watching movies. In order of importance: movies, games, and everything else. Definitely high on picture color accuracy as i am a plasma guy. Not into exagerated colors and have no want for 3D. I do not see RBE on my current Optoma HD65 and no one in the family has complained.

So, will the Mitsubishi work with my distance settings. I can mount it on the back wall also, but that is a far throw of almost 19' and i do not think that would work.

If not, other suggestions greatly appreciated. I have up to $1500 to spend. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2011, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Two words Benq w6000! I owned a HD65 once, man you're in for a treat! AVS carries them now for a great price! Twice as bright,sharper, better contrast, just plain better image! Good luck

Call Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
Email: Mike@AVScience.com
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page