Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 367 Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

BTW, WHY do we have 2 Epson glasses threads???

Because the other guy didn't search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by shk_sg View Post

So has anyone tested the Blick universal glasses?

I'm waiting on them to show up, hopefully today! I'll be posting a review as soon as I test them out.

Ed
post #63 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Well my Blick glasses JUST showed up! Stand by for results a little later today!

Ed
post #64 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

VERY happy to report that the Blick glasses perform great! They synch right up and stay synched. They even look virtually the same as the Epsons. The lenses are a tiny bit lighter in shade and are also a tiny bit larger. For ME, I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort. I like them well enough to order another pair. The ONLY downside is that assuming that all of them listed on ebay are actually the same size they won't work well for young/small kids--too large, like the Epsons. Very nice clam-shell hard case, microfiber cleaning cloth, USB cable and wall charger all included.
If you order make sure you get the ones with 3D3 in the Panny model #. NOT the ones with "2".

Ed
post #65 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

They work GREAT!

See my post in other Epson 3010 glasses thread.

Ed
post #66 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlap123 View Post

Because the other guy didn't search.

I did do a quick one and obviously failed (as mentioned in the first post on the other thread and above) - no one on the other thread mentioned this one upon my initial post. If you want to update your first post with the working/non-working list and keep track I'm fine with letting the other post die.
post #67 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:

VERY happy to report that the Blick glasses perform great! They synch right up and stay synched. They even look virtually the same as the Epsons. The lenses are a tiny bit lighter in shade and are also a tiny bit larger. For ME, I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort. I like them well enough to order another pair. The ONLY downside is that assuming that all of them listed on ebay are actually the same size they won't work well for young/small kids--too large, like the Epsons. Very nice clam-shell hard case, microfiber cleaning cloth, USB cable and wall charger all included.
If you order make sure you get the ones with 3D3 in the Panny model #. NOT the ones with "2".

Ed

Awesome. Bummer they're not kid-sized.
post #68 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:

They work GREAT!

Ed

Awesome. Updated working list.
post #69 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

They work GREAT!

Ed

OldCorps where do you get Blick universal glasses ?

how much for ? (would you PM me please ?)

Is the ghosting and brightness on par with Epson ?
post #70 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

http://www.3dglassesunlimited.com/un...-ir-p-380.html - right now on for $79.99 free S&H
post #71 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens View Post

http://www.3dglassesunlimited.com/un...-ir-p-380.html - right now on for $79.99 free S&H

Yep, and FAST shipping! Ordered Monday, came this morning, Wednesday. I am in Michigan though, same as the vendor. YRMV

Ed
post #72 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

They work GREAT!

Ed

Do you have a pair of Epson 3D glasses for comparison?
Just curious if the tint & brightness on the glasses are different between the 2.

EDIT:
Found your post.

Quote:

Ed

post #73 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the ghosting and brightness on par with Epson ?

Same/same. I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort and actually VERY little difference in appearance. The Blick's frame is a shiny black plastic, the Epson's are a matte black. I got confused trying them out side by side with the Epsons. Couldn't tell which ones I had on without taking 'em off and looking.

Ed
post #74 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

BTW, I got them through their listing on ebay instead of their direct site. Same company, and they ANSWER the phone!

Ed
post #75 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Same/same. I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort and actually VERY little difference in appearance. The Blick's frame is a shiny black plastic, the Epson's are a matte black. I got confused trying them out side by side with the Epsons. Couldn't tell which ones I had on without taking 'em off and looking.

Ed

This is good and bad

good because you can order more epson-like glasses

bad because they are too big for my kids
post #76 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

post #77 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Awesome. Bummer they're not kid-sized.

FYI - also looking for kid sized 3D glasses for the 3010. My local Best Buy had the 3rd Gen Pany glasses in Medium in stock. I've also found the Pany glasses (yes with the U in the model) for around $54 in Google searches, but I haven't gone far enough to determine if this was an accurate price.

My 5 year old can't keep the Epson glasses on, though I wouldn't want to buy the small as in a year or two they'd probably be too small. My 7 year old the Epson glasses are a bit large for, but generally they work.

I saw the BLicks glasses as well and they seemed impressive, and glad to hear that they work well. Might have to order some. I found another site (not eBay) that sold them (which is how I found out about BLicks), but can't remember where it was. They had a very good price on them. If I can dig up the site again, I'll post.

Most likely will be after Christmas and New Year's before we order more glasses for the kids, unless i can get a good bargain.
post #78 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:

bad because they are too big for my kids

Yup
post #79 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Projectorpeople has 30 pair of Epson 3dglasses as of 6:55pm...I just talked to a sales Rep she told me that they were selling very quickly
I wont be able to order my 2 extra pair till Friday....$99.00 per pair
post #80 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

same ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all

Probably. I say that because it IS the same company and Blick glasses but are they the same ones that they list as Panny "3D3" compatible on both their site and ebay??? Maybe, but I'd order the ones that say "3D3" in Pannys model # to be sure.

Ed
post #81 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfire View Post

Projectorpeople has 30 pair of Epson 3dglasses as of 6:55pm...I just talked to a sales Rep she told me that they were selling very quickly
I wont be able to order my 2 extra pair till Friday....$99.00 per pair

Save yourself $40 and get the Blicks, maybe a couple of bucks more (FREE shipping). Have somebody put them and the Epsons on you blindfolded, then watch some 3D. Betcha you won't know which ones you have on 'til you take them off and look..........
JMHO

Ed
post #82 of 367 Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Probably. I say that because it IS the same company and Blick glasses but are they the same ones that they list as Panny "3D3" compatible on both their site and ebay??? Maybe, but I'd order the ones that say "3D3" in Pannys model # to be sure.

Ed

Glad to hear that they are working with the 3010. Do you think the Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU Compatible 3D Glasses might fit my 9 & 11 year old kids?

I am guessing for what 3D Glasses that are out there right now, these are going to be my best choice as far size and price for my kids. Thanks
post #83 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wku12399 View Post

Glad to hear that they are working with the 3010. Do you think the Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU Compatible 3D Glasses might fit my 9 & 11 year old kids?

I am guessing for what 3D Glasses that are out there right now, these are going to be my best choice as far size and price for my kids. Thanks

I can't really answer that because I haven't got a beta kid around here to try 'em on, lol. I was going to try them on my 8 year old grandson this weekend but now he won't be visiting until the following weekend. Depends on the size of the child of course.
BTW, I've never seen this mentioned on here before so I will. You DO know that there is an adjustment for the snugness of the Epsons inside the arms of the glasses, right? You fold the arms in and slide the little "thingee" on each side UP to make them tighter, DOWN for maximum width. When my wife 1st used them the were practically falling off her head. The next day I actually read the little instruction sheet that was packed with them, slid the "thingees" up. They now fit her fine. The pair I use fit great for me in the down position (the factory default). Guess that makes me the fat-head around here......... The "thingees" are actually on the frames, just ahead of where the arms fold.

Ed

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that evidently all of the Blick glasses are really the same size even though they show compatiblity separately with SU, MU, and LU designations. I'll find out for sure when I receive the 2nd pair I ordered which were the SU ones.
post #84 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 08:22 AM

Hello everyone. thought id throw some input about the Blick 3d glasses. NEW 100% Compatible 3D Glasses for Panasonic Medium TY-EW3D3MU.

I've gotten the Epson 3010 the first part of November and WOW awesome picture. anyway i ordered the Blick universal glasses from ebay for $79.99 and received them yesterday. Real fast shipping, i think it was only 4 days. I put on the 3d Despicable Me playing through my Playstation 3. at first through the main menu where you pick play, the projecting image was going on and off?? hmm i'll search the forum for that issue but after pressing play it stopped and started playing. well about the glasses they came packaged pretty good, I like how they came with a hard case and wall charger. they feel sturdy and seem good quality. while playing they are pretty good. BUT not as good as the epsons. i did notice that the background images and the images that are to pop out off the screen at you are a little double lined. What is that ghosting or crosstalk?? not sure. Now let me try to explain a little better.. sorry.. I am going to put them in (3) 3d layers.
1. the background
2. the middle. where most of the images or people are.
3. the images that look like are coming right at you. for example, a sword being thrown and looks like its going to hit you.

The middle is great. awesome clear picture and are popping out from the background. but the other "layers" are just a tad bit doubled. not a lot but if you have the epson ones and the blick ones right on your face where you can move them back and forth to see the differences i can notice it.
The range of the IR is good i can be anywhere in the room and they stay connected. the color and tinting is about the same again the epsons do keep a little bit better color. i did notice that the blues and greens are a little more vibrant.

about the size i ordered the ones that said had the "m" for medium. I have two girls one 8 and one 12. the have small heads and seem to fit fine. not too big. they liked them. They were pretty comfortable for me too and do have the rubber nose part but i do like the rubber nose part on the epsons being bigger and seem softer.

well hope any of this helps. They are good for backup extra glasses but i think that i would rather spend the extra $20 for actual epson ones when they become available.
post #85 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 View Post

They are good for backup extra glasses but i think that i would rather spend the extra $20 for actual epson ones when they become available.

The web site shows 1-2 days availability but if you call/email them, I believe they got some more in stock yesterday but haven't updated their website.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26865

post #86 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:

DOH! Thanks for catching that

Off to cancel my order...

Too bad(?) you canceled your order.... Epson's own website is showing the 2nd gen Panny's to be compatible... (3d3 & 3d2 are on the list, 3d1 [adjustable] as well)

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...61&foid=199263
post #87 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I can't really answer that because I haven't got a beta kid around here to try 'em on, lol. I was going to try them on my 8 year old grandson this weekend but now he won't be visiting until the following weekend. Depends on the size of the child of course.
BTW, I've never seen this mentioned on here before so I will. You DO know that there is an adjustment for the snugness of the Epsons inside the arms of the glasses, right? You fold the arms in and slide the little "thingee" on each side UP to make them tighter, DOWN for maximum width. When my wife 1st used them the were practically falling off her head. The next day I actually read the little instruction sheet that was packed with them, slid the "thingees" up. They now fit her fine. The pair I use fit great for me in the down position (the factory default). Guess that makes me the fat-head around here......... The "thingees" are actually on the frames, just ahead of where the arms fold.

Ed

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that evidently all of the Blick glasses are really the same size even though they show compatiblity separately with SU, MU, and LU designations. I'll find out for sure when I receive the 2nd pair I ordered which were the SU ones.

thanks for pointing out teh "snugness-setting" on EPson glasses ! I will try it on my kid soon

But do the BLICK glasses also have this setting ?
post #88 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 AM

I ordered two pairs and the Blicks are good but i did have a little crosstalk from both of them in the background images of whats on the screen. little but still pretty noticeable. what i did was have one pair on my forehead and the other over my eyes and just moved them up and down to see the differences between them. pretty good for extra pairs but i think the epson's are better.
post #89 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:

thanks for pointing out teh "snugness-setting" on EPson glasses ! I will try it on my kid soon

But do the BLICK glasses also have this setting ?

no the blicks dont have any adjustment setting.
post #90 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 AM

hope its ok to post these here maybe they'll help.

found these in a link from bestbuy.com showing these. havent heard of them but just to show...called to see if comparable to the TY-EW3D3 and was transferred to the tech but was only able to leave a message. i'll get back to you all on this set after i get a call back. only $55 but being that inexpensive not sure if they're any good.
http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Pro...000&p=A1S01252

There's these for $79.99 (same price as the Blick's) but they are not available right now.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...0?SSAID=275604

of course the epson's from Epson. also not available.darn....
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/j...FYUZQgodmA9QKg

from projectorpeople the epson’s are available.$99.
http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26865

search ebay for these. they are the blicks. $79.99
...NEW 100% Compatible 3D Glasses for Panasonic Medium TY-EW3D3MU

there also a bunch of bidding on Ebay going on for 2 packs of panasonic 3d3's but good luck on those.

again hope some of this helps out as you guys helped me out for that past 6 months on purchasing the epson 3010. thank you
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Panasonic , Panasonic Ty Ew3d2mmk2 Ultimate 3d Starter Kit Avatar 3d 2 Rechargeable Glasses , Mitsubishi , Nvidia , Samsung , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Mitsubishi 3dgx103 Xpand 3d Glass Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page