Epson 3010 glasses - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 View Post

I ordered two pairs and the Blicks are good but i did have a little crosstalk from both of them in the background images of whats on the screen. little but still pretty noticeable. what i did was have one pair on my forehead and the other over my eyes and just moved them up and down to see the differences between them. pretty good for extra pairs but i think the epson's are better.

How much did you have to drink before checkin' them out???

Just kiddin', you're eyes are probably better than mine........ I tested them pretty much the same way and I couldn't see any difference. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Dunno if it'd make any difference but did you fully charge the battery before using them?

Ed
old corps is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 View Post

no the blicks dont have any adjustment setting.

+1

True. Also, if you've had too much to drink you will probably see ghosting and crosstalk and the color might not be just right...............

Just joshin' ya Theater. They looked and performed identically to the Epsons for me but then I am OLD! BTW, were they fully charged when you tried 'em? Mine needed a charge when I got them. Just wondering if that could have been the difference. Happy viewing!

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #93 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
42Plasmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

How much did you have to drink before checkin' them out???

Just kiddin', you're eyes are probably better than mine........ I tested them pretty much the same way and I couldn't see any difference. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Dunno if it'd make any difference but did you fully charge the battery before using them?

Ed

The ghosting/crosstalk will also vary from movie to movie.

You guys should post which movies you tested and time mark when you see ghosting/crosstalk issues.
Then others can see if it's a movie or glasses issue.

2014
42Plasmaman is offline  
post #94 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Newbie
 
Theater9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
haha thats what i would have said too...i think i charged them all the way. out of the box i plugged them in and the red light came on but it did turn off about 30 minutes after. so i thought they might have been a little bit charged already. it was me and my girlfriend that tried them out and both noticed the differences.

we were watching Despicable Me for the movie.for all the crosstalk moments it pretty much throughout the whole movie in the background images. and also during the images that "pop" out off the screen at you...if that makes sense. all the middle images like the people or things that are in front of the background are perfectly clear and crisp.

heres a little way i look at the 3d images, kind of like layers, hope it makes sense.

1. the background
2. the middle. where objects or people are in front of the background in 3D.
and....
3. the images that really "POP" off the screen in 3D and look like they come out at you. example a knife being thrown and comes at your face.

im going to put them back on a charge and Im going to try pirates of the carribean at strange tides tonight and maybe resident evil afterlife also see how they look on them. thanks
Theater9000 is offline  
post #95 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Newbie
 
Theater9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
oops sorry i just realized i posted something already like this in the other thread. sorry.. new to forums.
Theater9000 is offline  
post #96 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
stansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Englewood CO
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm curious, how cold is it in the room for those who are seeing crosstalk? I watched a video last night and noticed a slight hint of crosstalk that I don't recall seeing on the same video before, but now think perhaps it was related to the glasses / room temperature . I may have to do some experimenting with gently warning the glasses (perhaps by holding them in the projector exhaust for a bit) to see if that eliminates it totally .


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2003 - 2011)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Est. 2011
stansell is offline  
post #97 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 View Post

haha thats what i would have said too...i think i charged them all the way. out of the box i plugged them in and the red light came on but it did turn off about 30 minutes after. so i thought they might have been a little bit charged already. it was me and my girlfriend that tried them out and both noticed the differences.

we were watching Despicable Me for the movie.for all the crosstalk moments it pretty much throughout the whole movie in the background images. and also during the images that "pop" out off the screen at you...if that makes sense. all the middle images like the people or things that are in front of the background are perfectly clear and crisp.

heres a little way i look at the 3d images, kind of like layers, hope it makes sense.

1. the background
2. the middle. where objects or people are in front of the background in 3D.
and....
3. the images that really "POP" off the screen in 3D and look like they come out at you. example a knife being thrown and comes at your face.

im going to put them back on a charge and Im going to try pirates of the carribean at strange tides tonight and maybe resident evil afterlife also see how they look on them. thanks

I have the Despicable Me 3D Bluray so tomorrow I'll fix myself a few drinks and check 'em out again, lol.

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #98 of 367 Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
stansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Englewood CO
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well - I'm disappointed but not surprised to report that the Monoprice IR Active Shutter Glasses for Samsung 3D Displays do not work with the Epson 3010 projector.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Ah - just noticed that Epson updated their compatible glasses FAQ: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...61&foid=199263

Oh well - I think I should be able to send these back to Monoprice without much issue.

I was really really hoping these would work. At 1/3rd the Epson glasses price, they would have made it a lot less expensive to stock a home theater for several guests. They are nicely built and were more comfortable than the Epson glasses to me.

I guess I will be looking at getting the Blick glasses and hope that Monoprice comes up with some universal glasses in the future.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2003 - 2011)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Est. 2011
stansell is offline  
post #99 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
H8nXTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, my 3010E is on the way and this model doesn't come with 3D glasses. I had read that panasonic 3D glasses were compatible so I ordered the Xpand X103. Disappointed to read someone had tried them and they didn't work. Are you sure the Xpand glasses were set to the Panasonic setting (4 blinks)? Guess I'll find out soon enough...
H8nXTC is offline  
post #100 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Member
 
hraynor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Out of curiosity, since the 3010 supports an external emitter, are there any 3rd party emitters that might work for the 3010, and that would support more (and lower priced) glasses?

Definitely not cost effective if you only want 2 more pair, but if one were to want to get say 10 pair to equip a large number of people to watch, mgiht be beneficial.
hraynor is offline  
post #101 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

Well, my 3010E is on the way and this model doesn't come with 3D glasses. I had read that panasonic 3D glasses were compatible so I ordered the Xpand X103. Disappointed to read someone had tried them and they didn't work. Are you sure the Xpand glasses were set to the Panasonic setting (4 blinks)? Guess I'll find out soon enough...

Sorry to tell you that there have been several posts both here and even on the Xpand forum that these do NOT work properly, contrary to what Xpand says if you inquire of them. The Blick glasses seemed to work great for me but after seeing "Theaters" post I'm gonna check 'em out again versus the Epsons later today.

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #102 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
42Plasmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Sorry to tell you that there have been several posts both here and even on the Xpand forum that these do NOT work properly, contrary to what Xpand says if you inquire of them. The Blick glasses seemed to work great for me but after seeing "Theaters" post I'm gonna check 'em out again versus the Epsons later today.

Ed

Xpand says the X104 should work.
Not sure if anyone has tried a pair of those yet.
ProjectorPeople has them.

http://www.xpand.me/support/forum/pr...d-glasses/100/

2014
42Plasmaman is offline  
post #103 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Member
 
hifialan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can report Sony TDG-BR50's do NOT work. Too bad because my kids are really struggling with the size of the Epson glasses.
hifialan is offline  
post #104 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
42Plasmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifialan View Post

I can report Sony TDG-BR50's do NOT work. Too bad because my kids are really struggling with the size of the Epson glasses.

Have you adjusted the arms on the glasses to their smallest size using the vertical slider adjustment?

2014
42Plasmaman is offline  
post #105 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 View Post

haha thats what i would have said too...i think i charged them all the way. out of the box i plugged them in and the red light came on but it did turn off about 30 minutes after. so i thought they might have been a little bit charged already. it was me and my girlfriend that tried them out and both noticed the differences.

we were watching Despicable Me for the movie.for all the crosstalk moments it pretty much throughout the whole movie in the background images. and also during the images that "pop" out off the screen at you...if that makes sense. all the middle images like the people or things that are in front of the background are perfectly clear and crisp.

heres a little way i look at the 3d images, kind of like layers, hope it makes sense.

1. the background
2. the middle. where objects or people are in front of the background in 3D.
and....
3. the images that really "POP" off the screen in 3D and look like they come out at you. example a knife being thrown and comes at your face.

im going to put them back on a charge and Im going to try pirates of the carribean at strange tides tonight and maybe resident evil afterlife also see how they look on them. thanks

Ok Theater, here's my update:

I retested the Epsons side by side (top & bottom?) with the Blicks again with the following 3D blurays--

Despicable Me. I DID detect some faint crosstalk & ghosting with the Blicks. Funny thing is I also detect some with Epsons and what's strange is it was on different parts of the movie. Bottom line is I didn't find enough of it to be objectionable.

Captain America. Try as I did I couldn't really find any crosstalk or ghosting with either pair. It's such a dark movie anyway so it would be harder to see if their was any. Bottom line is no crosstalk/ghosting that I could see and brightness was the same.

Avatar. Again, I could not see ANY difference in brightness nor did I ever observe any crosstalk or ghosting. Bottom line: No difference for ME. BTW, 1st time I watched it with the Epson @ 120". WOW!!!

Ultimate Wave. Completely different results. Pretty significant ghosting on all the bright shots and there are a lot of 'em.This is in the "middle ground" as Theater described it. Enough to be aggravating, especially compared to the Epsons where I didn't see ANY! You'll notice I saved this comparison to last. Bottom line: I'm really glad the other movies didn't exhibit this problem and I have no idea why this one did.

So my hat's off to Theater that obviously has better vision than this old fart. I'm still happy with the Blicks and I'm not sorry I purchased them but on some movies for some reason there IS a difference in PQ. Certainly hope that I didn't encourage anyone to get the Blicks that will be unhappy with them but they do offer a 90 day money back guarantee. Now I gotta go rest my eyes because everything is starting to look CROSS-EYED, lol.

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #106 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
See my update on the Blicks VS. Epsons glasses comparo in the other Epson glasses thread.

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #107 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
falafala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

See my update on the Blicks VS. Epsons glasses comparo in the other Epson glasses thread.

Ed

we are getting tired of having to track 2 threads ....can one of you guys please delete your thread....we already have too many 3010 threads going around without a single official thread...I could start one, but don't have the energy to add more confusion !
falafala is offline  
post #108 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
falafala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Ok Theater, here's my update:

I retested the Epsons side by side (top & bottom?) with the Blicks again with the following 3D blurays--

Despicable Me. I DID detect some faint crosstalk & ghosting with the Blicks. Funny thing is I also detect some with Epsons and what's strange is it was on different parts of the movie. Bottom line is I didn't find enough of it to be objectionable.

Captain America. Try as I did I couldn't really find any crosstalk or ghosting with either pair. It's such a dark movie anyway so it would be harder to see if their was any. Bottom line is no crosstalk/ghosting that I could see and brightness was the same.

Avatar. Again, I could not see ANY difference in brightness nor did I ever observe any crosstalk or ghosting. Bottom line: No difference for ME. BTW, 1st time I watched it with the Epson @ 120". WOW!!!

Ultimate Wave. Completely different results. Pretty significant ghosting on all the bright shots and there are a lot of 'em.This is in the "middle ground" as Theater described it. Enough to be aggravating, especially compared to the Epsons where I didn't see ANY! You'll notice I saved this comparison to last. Bottom line: I'm really glad the other movies didn't exhibit this problem and I have no idea why this one did.

So my hat's off to Theater that obviously has better vision than this old fart. I'm still happy with the Blicks and I'm not sorry I purchased them but on some movies for some reason there IS a difference in PQ. Certainly hope that I didn't encourage anyone to get the Blicks that will be unhappy with them but they do offer a 90 day money back guarantee. Now I gotta go rest my eyes because everything is starting to look CROSS-EYED, lol.

Ed

thanks for comparison...i will stay away from them for now !

do you know that Epson 3010 has a "3D Brightness" setting that trades off crosstalk with brightness ? can you please try the LOW-est brightness to see if Blicks's cross talk is gone ?
falafala is offline  
post #109 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
42Plasmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

we are getting tired of having to track 2 threads ....can one of you guys please delete your thread....we already have too many 3010 threads going around without a single official thread...I could start one, but don't have the energy to add more confusion !

I sent a mod a PM to merge the 2 but haven't got a reply.
May be someone else can also PM a mod with a link to both threads and ask to merge them.

2014
42Plasmaman is offline  
post #110 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

we are getting tired of having to track 2 threads ....can one of you guys please delete your thread....we already have too many 3010 threads going around without a single official thread...I could start one, but don't have the energy to add more confusion !

+1!!!

Amen!!!

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #111 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

thanks for comparison...i will stay away from them for now !

do you know that Epson 3010 has a "3D Brightness" setting that trades off crosstalk with brightness ? can you please try the LOW-est brightness to see if Blicks's cross talk is gone ?

I did see that but it looked like it wasn't available to select while the 3D movie was playing. Do yo have to select it when you don't have a movie playing or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #112 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
falafala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

I did see that but it looked like it wasn't available to select while the 3D movie was playing. Do yo have to select it when you don't have a movie playing or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Ed

see Page 45 of http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/p...plhc3010ug.pdf

■ 3D Format
Use this setting to select the 3D format supported by your video device. In most cases, the
projector will correctly detect the 3D format when this option is set to Auto. You should
only select the 2D, Side by Side, or Top and Bottom formats when your projector
doesn't properly display 3D images. See your video source documentation for
information on which mode to select.
■ 3D Brightness
Adjusts the brightness of 3D images. Select the Medium or High settings if the 3D
display is too dark.
Note: This setting is not available when 3D Format is set to Auto.
falafala is offline  
post #113 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Member
 
Burtgolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, Texas
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifialan View Post

I can report Sony TDG-BR50's do NOT work. Too bad because my kids are really struggling with the size of the Epson glasses.

I can also confirm that these plus the other Sony do not work - just got them in and it is too bad because the br50s fit my kids heads perfectly:

Sony TDG-BR50/B 3D Active Glasses
Sony Active 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B
Burtgolf is offline  
post #114 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
H8nXTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got my 3010E set up tonight, tried Avatar 3D with Samsung 3D glasses but they don't seem to work, tried my Vizio 3D glasses and those don't seem to work, then I tried the Xpand X103 (on the panasonic setting #4) and those seemed to kind of work. The image would seem sharp and in 3D on the main depth level, but the levels in front or behind where blurry. Don't know if this is crosstalk or not, but you definitely got a sense of 3D, just not fully working. I sure hope when the Epson 3D glasses arrive that they work better than the Xpand. By the way, amazon's description for the 3010E states they come with 2 pairs of 3D glasses, but this is probably just pulled from the 3010 description, although they may owe anyone who orders a 3010E 2 pairs. I was going to order from amazon, but the price went up from $1,699 to $1,799. So I looked around and found P.C. Richards and Son had it for $1,599 (which is about the same price as the 3010).
H8nXTC is offline  
post #115 of 367 Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ack_bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 8,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

Got my 3010E set up tonight, tried Avatar 3D with Samsung 3D glasses but they don't seem to work, tried my Vizio 3D glasses and those don't seem to work, then I tried the Xpand X103 (on the panasonic setting #4) and those seemed to kind of work. The image would seem sharp and in 3D on the main depth level, but the levels in front or behind where blurry. Don't know if this is crosstalk or not, but you definitely got a sense of 3D, just not fully working. I sure hope when the Epson 3D glasses arrive that they work better than the Xpand.

The Epson glasses will work better. Several other people had the same issues with the Xpand glasses using the 3010.
ack_bk is offline  
post #116 of 367 Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

see Page 45 of http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/p...plhc3010ug.pdf

■ 3D Format
Use this setting to select the 3D format supported by your video device. In most cases, the
projector will correctly detect the 3D format when this option is set to Auto. You should
only select the 2D, Side by Side, or Top and Bottom formats when your projector
doesn't properly display 3D images. See your video source documentation for
information on which mode to select.
■ 3D Brightness
Adjusts the brightness of 3D images. Select the Medium or High settings if the 3D
display is too dark.
Note: This setting is not available when 3D Format is set to Auto.

Thanks for the reply but I had SBS selected and 3D Brightness was "greyed out", at least that's the way I remember it. That's the only mode that works for me to view 3D. My Panny 210 is also set to SBS and the 3010 will not display 3D in AUTO. It has to be in SBS. After viewing 3D I then have to go back into the menu and select AUTO to get a proper image in 2D. I'll try it out again.

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #117 of 367 Old 12-10-2011, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

The Epson glasses will work better. Several other people had the same issues with the Xpand glasses using the 3010.

+1

Ed
old corps is offline  
post #118 of 367 Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
42Plasmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

The Epson glasses will work better. Several other people had the same issues with the Xpand glasses using the 3010.

To clarify, people have had issues with the Xpand x103.
No one has tried the new x104 yet.

2014
42Plasmaman is offline  
post #119 of 367 Old 12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Newbie
 
sudheertumkur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am tired finding the glasses anywhere in stores. Now I see I made wrong choice in choosing epson.
sudheertumkur is offline  
post #120 of 367 Old 12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
42Plasmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheertumkur View Post

I am tired finding the glasses anywhere in stores. Now I see I made wrong choice in choosing epson.

They are still fairly new to the market but I suspect that Best Buy may carry them in the future since they seem to carry Sony, Samsung and Panasonic right now.

Remember, this is the first year Epson has hit the market with 3D.

In the meantime, you can get them online from PP.
You can get 3 day shipping added for a reasonable cost.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26865

VA also has them in stock.
http://www.visualapex.com/accessorie...ber=3D-Glasses

You can also find these Panasonic 3D glasses (in store only) at most Best Buy stores.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...10&foid=199264

2014
42Plasmaman is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Panasonic , Panasonic Ty Ew3d2mmk2 Ultimate 3d Starter Kit Avatar 3d 2 Rechargeable Glasses , Mitsubishi , Nvidia , Samsung , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Mitsubishi 3dgx103 Xpand 3d Glass Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off