AVS Forum banner
87K views 366 replies 88 participants last post by  xhonzi 
#1 ·
Glasses that work:

Blick (verify that 3D3 is the Panny model #- NOT the ones with '2') NOTE: Blick glasses are one size and do not come in S/M/L

Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU/TY-EW3D3MU/TY-EW3D3LU IE All 3rd gen Active Panasonic Glasses

Mixed results:

*** These glasses have been reported as working and NOT working ***

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2

Panasonic 3D2 series w/ Avatar movie bundle

Glasses that don't work:

JVC 3D

Mitsubishi

Nvidia 3D Vision

Panasonic TY-EW3D2S/TY-EW3D2M/TY-EW3D2L

Samsung 1st gen IR

Samsung 2100

Samsung SSG-3100GB

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs - contains SSG-3100GB glasses)

Sony TDG-BR50/B 3D Active Glasses

Sony Active 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B

Xpand 103

See less See more
#77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens /forum/post/21313388

Awesome. Bummer they're not kid-sized.

FYI - also looking for kid sized 3D glasses for the 3010. My local Best Buy had the 3rd Gen Pany glasses in Medium in stock. I've also found the Pany glasses (yes with the U in the model) for around $54 in Google searches, but I haven't gone far enough to determine if this was an accurate price.

My 5 year old can't keep the Epson glasses on, though I wouldn't want to buy the small as in a year or two they'd probably be too small. My 7 year old the Epson glasses are a bit large for, but generally they work.

I saw the BLicks glasses as well and they seemed impressive, and glad to hear that they work well. Might have to order some. I found another site (not eBay) that sold them (which is how I found out about BLicks), but can't remember where it was. They had a very good price on them. If I can dig up the site again, I'll post.

Most likely will be after Christmas and New Year's before we order more glasses for the kids, unless i can get a good bargain.

#81 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfire /forum/post/21315745

Projectorpeople has 30 pair of Epson 3dglasses as of 6:55pm...I just talked to a sales Rep she told me that they were selling very quickly

I wont be able to order my 2 extra pair till Friday....$99.00 per pair

Save yourself $40 and get the Blicks, maybe a couple of bucks more (FREE shipping). Have somebody put them and the Epsons on you blindfolded, then watch some 3D. Betcha you won't know which ones you have on 'til you take them off and look..........

JMHO

Ed

#82 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21316300

Probably. I say that because it IS the same company and Blick glasses but are they the same ones that they list as Panny "3D3" compatible on both their site and ebay???
Maybe, but I'd order the ones that say "3D3" in Pannys model # to be sure.

Ed

Glad to hear that they are working with the 3010. Do you think the Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU Compatible 3D Glasses might fit my 9 & 11 year old kids?

I am guessing for what 3D Glasses that are out there right now, these are going to be my best choice as far size and price for my kids. Thanks

#83 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wku12399 /forum/post/21316546

Glad to hear that they are working with the 3010. Do you think the Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU Compatible 3D Glasses might fit my 9 & 11 year old kids?

I am guessing for what 3D Glasses that are out there right now, these are going to be my best choice as far size and price for my kids. Thanks

I can't really answer that because I haven't got a beta kid around here to try 'em on, lol.
I was going to try them on my 8 year old grandson this weekend but now he won't be visiting until the following weekend. Depends on the size of the child of course.

BTW, I've never seen this mentioned on here before so I will. You DO know that there is an adjustment for the snugness of the Epsons inside the arms of the glasses, right? You fold the arms in and slide the little "thingee" on each side UP to make them tighter, DOWN for maximum width. When my wife 1st used them the were practically falling off her head. The next day I actually read the little instruction sheet that was packed with them, slid the "thingees" up. They now fit her fine. The pair I use fit great for me in the down position (the factory default). Guess that makes me the fat-head around here.........
The "thingees" are actually on the frames, just ahead of where the arms fold.

Ed

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that evidently all of the Blick glasses are really the same size even though they show compatiblity separately with SU, MU, and LU designations. I'll find out for sure when I receive the 2nd pair I ordered which were the SU ones.

#84 ·
Hello everyone. thought id throw some input about the Blick 3d glasses. NEW 100% Compatible 3D Glasses for Panasonic Medium TY-EW3D3MU.

I've gotten the Epson 3010 the first part of November and WOW awesome picture. anyway i ordered the Blick universal glasses from ebay for $79.99 and received them yesterday. Real fast shipping, i think it was only 4 days. I put on the 3d Despicable Me playing through my Playstation 3. at first through the main menu where you pick play, the projecting image was going on and off?? hmm i'll search the forum for that issue but after pressing play it stopped and started playing. well about the glasses they came packaged pretty good, I like how they came with a hard case and wall charger. they feel sturdy and seem good quality. while playing they are pretty good. BUT not as good as the epsons. i did notice that the background images and the images that are to pop out off the screen at you are a little double lined. What is that ghosting or crosstalk?? not sure. Now let me try to explain a little better.. sorry.. I am going to put them in (3) 3d layers.

1. the background

2. the middle. where most of the images or people are.

3. the images that look like are coming right at you. for example, a sword being thrown and looks like its going to hit you.

The middle is great. awesome clear picture and are popping out from the background. but the other "layers" are just a tad bit doubled. not a lot but if you have the epson ones and the blick ones right on your face where you can move them back and forth to see the differences i can notice it.

The range of the IR is good i can be anywhere in the room and they stay connected. the color and tinting is about the same again the epsons do keep a little bit better color. i did notice that the blues and greens are a little more vibrant.

about the size i ordered the ones that said had the "m" for medium. I have two girls one 8 and one 12. the have small heads and seem to fit fine. not too big. they liked them. They were pretty comfortable for me too and do have the rubber nose part but i do like the rubber nose part on the epsons being bigger and seem softer.

well hope any of this helps. They are good for backup extra glasses but i think that i would rather spend the extra $20 for actual epson ones when they become available.

#85 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 /forum/post/21318505

They are good for backup extra glasses but i think that i would rather spend the extra $20 for actual epson ones when they become available.

The web site shows 1-2 days availability but if you call/email them, I believe they got some more in stock yesterday but haven't updated their website.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26865

#87 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21317726

I can't really answer that because I haven't got a beta kid around here to try 'em on, lol.
I was going to try them on my 8 year old grandson this weekend but now he won't be visiting until the following weekend. Depends on the size of the child of course.

BTW, I've never seen this mentioned on here before so I will. You DO know that there is an adjustment for the snugness of the Epsons inside the arms of the glasses, right? You fold the arms in and slide the little "thingee" on each side UP to make them tighter, DOWN for maximum width. When my wife 1st used them the were practically falling off her head. The next day I actually read the little instruction sheet that was packed with them, slid the "thingees" up. They now fit her fine. The pair I use fit great for me in the down position (the factory default). Guess that makes me the fat-head around here.........
The "thingees" are actually on the frames, just ahead of where the arms fold.

Ed

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that evidently all of the Blick glasses are really the same size even though they show compatiblity separately with SU, MU, and LU designations. I'll find out for sure when I receive the 2nd pair I ordered which were the SU ones.

thanks for pointing out teh "snugness-setting" on EPson glasses ! I will try it on my kid soon

But do the BLICK glasses also have this setting ?

#88 ·
I ordered two pairs and the Blicks are good but i did have a little crosstalk from both of them in the background images of whats on the screen. little but still pretty noticeable. what i did was have one pair on my forehead and the other over my eyes and just moved them up and down to see the differences between them. pretty good for extra pairs but i think the epson's are better.

#90 ·
hope its ok to post these here maybe they'll help.

found these in a link from bestbuy.com showing these. havent heard of them but just to show...called to see if comparable to the TY-EW3D3 and was transferred to the tech but was only able to leave a message. i'll get back to you all on this set after i get a call back. only $55 but being that inexpensive not sure if they're any good.
http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Pro...000&p=A1S01252

There's these for $79.99 (same price as the Blick's) but they are not available right now.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...0?SSAID=275604

of course the epson's from Epson. also not available.darn....
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/j...FYUZQgodmA9QKg

from projectorpeople the epson’s are available.$99.
http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26865

search ebay for these. they are the blicks. $79.99

...NEW 100% Compatible 3D Glasses for Panasonic Medium TY-EW3D3MU

there also a bunch of bidding on Ebay going on for 2 packs of panasonic 3d3's but good luck on those.

again hope some of this helps out as you guys helped me out for that past 6 months on purchasing the epson 3010. thank you

#91 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 /forum/post/21318952

I ordered two pairs and the Blicks are good but i did have a little crosstalk from both of them in the background images of whats on the screen. little but still pretty noticeable. what i did was have one pair on my forehead and the other over my eyes and just moved them up and down to see the differences between them. pretty good for extra pairs but i think the epson's are better.

How much did you have to drink before checkin' them out???

Just kiddin', you're eyes are probably better than mine........
I tested them pretty much the same way and I couldn't see any difference. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Dunno if it'd make any difference but did you fully charge the battery before using them?

Ed

#92 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 /forum/post/21318968

no the blicks dont have any adjustment setting.

+1

True. Also, if you've had too much to drink you will probably see ghosting and crosstalk and the color might not be just right...............

Just joshin' ya Theater. They looked and performed identically to the Epsons for me but then I am OLD! BTW, were they fully charged when you tried 'em? Mine needed a charge when I got them. Just wondering if that could have been the difference. Happy viewing!

Ed

#93 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21320315

How much did you have to drink before checkin' them out???

Just kiddin', you're eyes are probably better than mine........
I tested them pretty much the same way and I couldn't see any difference. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Dunno if it'd make any difference but did you fully charge the battery before using them?

Ed

The ghosting/crosstalk will also vary from movie to movie.

You guys should post which movies you tested and time mark when you see ghosting/crosstalk issues.

Then others can see if it's a movie or glasses issue.

#94 ·
haha thats what i would have said too.
..i think i charged them all the way. out of the box i plugged them in and the red light came on but it did turn off about 30 minutes after. so i thought they might have been a little bit charged already. it was me and my girlfriend that tried them out and both noticed the differences.

we were watching Despicable Me for the movie.for all the crosstalk moments it pretty much throughout the whole movie in the background images. and also during the images that "pop" out off the screen at you...if that makes sense. all the middle images like the people or things that are in front of the background are perfectly clear and crisp.

heres a little way i look at the 3d images, kind of like layers, hope it makes sense.

1. the background

2. the middle. where objects or people are in front of the background in 3D.

and....

3. the images that really "POP" off the screen in 3D and look like they come out at you. example a knife being thrown and comes at your face.

im going to put them back on a charge and Im going to try pirates of the carribean at strange tides tonight and maybe resident evil afterlife also see how they look on them. thanks

#96 ·
I'm curious, how cold is it in the room for those who are seeing crosstalk? I watched a video last night and noticed a slight hint of crosstalk that I don't recall seeing on the same video before, but now think perhaps it was related to the glasses / room temperature . I may have to do some experimenting with gently warning the glasses (perhaps by holding them in the projector exhaust for a bit) to see if that eliminates it totally .

#97 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theater9000 /forum/post/21320782

haha thats what i would have said too.
..i think i charged them all the way. out of the box i plugged them in and the red light came on but it did turn off about 30 minutes after. so i thought they might have been a little bit charged already. it was me and my girlfriend that tried them out and both noticed the differences.

we were watching Despicable Me for the movie.for all the crosstalk moments it pretty much throughout the whole movie in the background images. and also during the images that "pop" out off the screen at you...if that makes sense. all the middle images like the people or things that are in front of the background are perfectly clear and crisp.

heres a little way i look at the 3d images, kind of like layers, hope it makes sense.

1. the background

2. the middle. where objects or people are in front of the background in 3D.

and....

3. the images that really "POP" off the screen in 3D and look like they come out at you. example a knife being thrown and comes at your face.

im going to put them back on a charge and Im going to try pirates of the carribean at strange tides tonight and maybe resident evil afterlife also see how they look on them. thanks

I have the Despicable Me 3D Bluray so tomorrow I'll fix myself a few drinks and check 'em out again, lol.

Ed

#98 ·
Well - I'm disappointed but not surprised to report that the Monoprice IR Active Shutter Glasses for Samsung 3D Displays do not work with the Epson 3010 projector.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Ah - just noticed that Epson updated their compatible glasses FAQ: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...61&foid=199263

Oh well - I think I should be able to send these back to Monoprice without much issue.

I was really really hoping these would work. At 1/3rd the Epson glasses price, they would have made it a lot less expensive to stock a home theater for several guests. They are nicely built and were more comfortable than the Epson glasses to me.

I guess I will be looking at getting the Blick glasses and hope that Monoprice comes up with some universal glasses in the future.

#99 ·
Well, my 3010E is on the way and this model doesn't come with 3D glasses. I had read that panasonic 3D glasses were compatible so I ordered the Xpand X103. Disappointed to read someone had tried them and they didn't work. Are you sure the Xpand glasses were set to the Panasonic setting (4 blinks)? Guess I'll find out soon enough...

#100 ·
Out of curiosity, since the 3010 supports an external emitter, are there any 3rd party emitters that might work for the 3010, and that would support more (and lower priced) glasses?

Definitely not cost effective if you only want 2 more pair, but if one were to want to get say 10 pair to equip a large number of people to watch, mgiht be beneficial.

#101 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC /forum/post/21322440

Well, my 3010E is on the way and this model doesn't come with 3D glasses. I had read that panasonic 3D glasses were compatible so I ordered the Xpand X103. Disappointed to read someone had tried them and they didn't work. Are you sure the Xpand glasses were set to the Panasonic setting (4 blinks)? Guess I'll find out soon enough...

Sorry to tell you that there have been several posts both here and even on the Xpand forum that these do NOT work properly, contrary to what Xpand says if you inquire of them.
The Blick glasses seemed to work great for me but after seeing "Theaters" post I'm gonna check 'em out again versus the Epsons later today.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.