Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 367 Old 12-15-2011, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by juttu View Post

They now show as 59.99. I have order 2 , Let's see if i get it on time for christmas.

I would call them to see if they're in stock. It let me order from the website about a month ago with them on "deep back order" as the customer service rep called it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 367 Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

They now show as 59.99. I have order 2 , Let's see if i get it on time for christmas.

I clicked on that link again and it shows them for $79.95, just as it did yesterday when I looked.

Ed
post #153 of 367 Old 12-15-2011, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtgolf View Post

I have been in contact with a rep for www.dimensionaloptics.com in which he states they "do not advertise compatibility with Epson 3D projection products" but in his opinion there is a good chance the panasonic active glasses will work with the Epson 3010. The rep also reported that he had a customer that has already "tested" and they worked perfectly, but he cant guarantee the functionality...so..

They have a 30 day return policy (just pay shipping back) so I am going to go ahead and order these and once I get them in will post the results hopefully all positive...still havent got my RMA money back from the Sony's yet

3ACTIVEâ„¢ Panasonic Multi-Pack. Rechargeable. ADULTS

Looking forward to your review. Please pay close attention to possible ghosting like I didn't initially with the Blicks. I'm still ok with the Blicks but there is definitely ghosting sometimes with them that is not present with the Epsons.

Ed
post #154 of 367 Old 12-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustaddon View Post

I have been using these with my Epson ST3010e - these work great!!

can you please comment on cross-talk/ ghosting performance of Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 relative to Epson glasses ?
post #155 of 367 Old 12-16-2011, 04:22 PM

I have 3 pairs of 2nd gen Panasonic glasse, all 3 work fine with the 5010.

TY-EW3D2LU
TY-EW3D2SU
post #156 of 367 Old 12-16-2011, 09:05 PM

J&R audio.com has the Epson 3d glasses for 84.99......BUT IF YOU CALL AND TALK TOP SELLS REP...THEY OFFER THEM FOR 74.99 IF YOU PRE ORDER THEM.....EXPECTING 1ST SHIPMENT ON 21ST DECEMBER...I ORDERED 2EXTRA PAIR!!!THIS IS THE CHEAPEST IVE SEEN ANYWERE!!!!!!
post #157 of 367 Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

I clicked on that link again and it shows them for $79.95, just as it did yesterday when I looked.

Ed

You need to sign in with your EPP account to see lower price
post #158 of 367 Old 12-17-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyem View Post

You need to sign in with your EPP account to see lower price

Ahh, I get it now. Thanks for the reply!

Ed
post #159 of 367 Old 12-17-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

I just got a shipping notice for my panny's from amazon. All you guys that held out should be getting yours soon. Delivery estimate for mine is the 21st.
post #160 of 367 Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM

I ordered a pair of the 3rd gens from Projector People. The thing that bothers me the most about the 2nd gen ones is the way it applies so much pressure above my ears. I don't understand why they don't just make them more like regular shades/glasse
post #161 of 367 Old 12-17-2011, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I ordered the new Xpand X104 YOUniversal glasses from the only place in the U.S. that I could find selling them. They should arrive this coming week. I ordered a pair of the Epson from amatteroffax.com, but they've been on backorder for a while so I've requested to cancel the order (actually requested twice, I wouldn't advise ordering anything from amatteroffax.com) http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26887
post #162 of 367 Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

I ordered the new Xpand X104 YOUniversal glasses from the only place in the U.S. that I could find selling them. They should arrive this coming week. I ordered a pair of the Epson from amatteroffax.com, but they've been on backorder for a while so I've requested to cancel the order (actually requested twice, I wouldn't advise ordering anything from amatteroffax.com) http://www.projectorpeople.com/acces...p?itemid=26887

Cool. Let us know.
post #163 of 367 Old 12-19-2011, 05:25 PM

Well the glasses are in and sitting in the box at the house since noon today and of course I am at work till 7 CST so... hopefully they sync right up and have no cross talk or ghosting.. think I might be going home just a bit faster than normal tonight!

Will post back later with the results!
post #164 of 367 Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM

Amazon had the 3rd gen Panasonics for $66 this morning, even though they are listed out of stock I ordered a pair.
post #165 of 367 Old 12-19-2011, 08:19 PM

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 with Caroline and Ice Age works fine with my new 3010.
post #166 of 367 Old 12-20-2011, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well the glasses are in and sitting in the box at the house since noon today and of course I am at work till 7 CST so... hopefully they sync right up and have no cross talk or ghosting.. think I might be going home just a bit faster than normal tonight!

Will post back later with the results!

Looking forward to this. Thought we lost you! LOL

Ed
post #167 of 367 Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 PM

Sorry for the long wait on the results but wanted to make sure that I checked them the best my family and I could.

They sync right up no problem!!!!!!!

At first I did notice crosstalk/ghosting in the background of the picture and top corners but I did not allow for the full charge and in fairness I was seeing the same results with the Epson glasses just not to the same amount. Funny thing is we have watched this movie before and I never noticed it with the Epson glasses so was it because I was looking for it more?

I made sure to charge the other pairs until the charging lights went out and put in 3 different movies - Lions King, Cars and Pirates of Caribbean and here is my honest opinion.

I still seen some crosstalk/ghosting mainly during fast moving scenes, however while watching the same movie with 4 pair of these and the 2 pair of Epson my wife and kids said they didnt see what I was talking about and the kids preferred the way these fit compared to the Epson bulky glasses. My wife can wear them over her glasses with no issues either and I thought the fit was much better myself (maybe its my 20/19 ??). They are not as dark tinted as the Epsons so not sure if that might lead to more of the ghosting I was seeing which again was not much but I did see some in the background and top corners. They never lost sync and I even took them out to my balcony to try to get them to lose sync (Theater room leads out to the balcony so probably 14 foot behind the projector but I could still watch with the blinds open thru the door).

I was looking to get anywhere from 4 to 6 pair of 3D glasses and I am happy to say I got 4 pair that will fit my family needs and would recommend these glasses if your getting some for your kids and dont want to spend the $$$ to get the Epson or other brands that are working currently. Seeing how none of my kids had one complaint and they are still in there watching the rest of Cars I am happy with my purchase and will answer any other questions anyone might have about them.

You can see them at http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Sea...01000100040000 but I called the Rep Steve directly at 805-548-8450 opt. 2 and ordered directly through him, he was very knowledgeable and made sure they shipped out directly to get here before Christmas and I would recommend calling him directly also.

Going to go finish watching Cars with the family in 3D seeing how we all have glasses now. (Yes I will be using the Epsons!)
post #168 of 367 Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 PM

If you havent seen the new Cars 3D movie you should, pretty good Kids liked it enough the were asking to watch it again seeing how they dont have school tomorrow. Figured I would give some more feedback.

Kids are in ages from 2 to 20 and NO these do not fit the baby very good at all and forget it if its the Epsons... think his eyes have the capability of making 3D without glasses or maybe its just Disney that knows how to get his attention. The rest of the kids 14, 15, 16, 20 (the 17 year old is over at a friends house) all agree they prefer the new glasses because of the better fit.

I decided to wear only them but this time I turned them off and re-synced them while the moving was playing..I would say about 3 minutes into having just them on I was no longer "looking" for issues but enjoying the movie and being in the same room with the kids. So now I am a bit confused...I know there was the cross talk/Ghosting issue but I didnt really "see" it while I was just paying attention to the movie. Either way for the amount I spent for the 4 pair of glasses I am satisfied with not only the performance but the fact the family is enjoying the Theater room (which is what started all this madness).

Forgot to mention I had the power adapter and storage case in my shipment guessing as a bonus for ordering the 4 pack or dealing with the Rep directly. Speaking of Storage cases they look nice and are much better than the cardboard box the Epson's come in, and each pair of glasses came with a case, cleaning cloth and USB charging cable - maybe I can get the Rep to send me 2 more cases for the Epson's!!
post #169 of 367 Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:

I got them today and tried, they work fine :-)
post #170 of 367 Old 12-21-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

The Epson glasses will work better. Several other people had the same issues with the Xpand glasses using the 3010.

The Xpand X104 YOUniversal 3D glasses have been reported to work fine with the 3010, mine should arrive tomorrow to verify. I have the X103 and it does not fully work with the 3010, but the X104 is the new model getting great reviews as an almost universal replacement for most 3D glasses.
post #171 of 367 Old 12-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:

I got them today and tried, they work fine :-)

People, PLEASE state which glasses you are referring to!
post #172 of 367 Old 12-22-2011, 12:16 AM

Confirmed to work :
Sony PS3 3D glasses - Universally Compatible

model CECH-ZEG1U

I believe these are the same ones that come with the new PS3 display.

I detected no ghosting - same as the Epson. I think they are as dark as the Epson glasses, but have a warmer color tone. I found them to be perhaps more comfortable than the Epson glasses to me, but I think it depends on the shape of the user's nose. They seem to be slightly lighter than the Epsons. They use a non replaceable lithium-ion battery and come with a short USB cable that charges via a connector on the top of the glasses.

These glasses are capable of doing SimulView where two game players see a different 2D image. I saw a demo of this at best buy. It is like a split screen game, but each player gets the whole screen. I'm curious to see if this feature is only available with the PS3 display, or can it be used with other 3D displays . I'll have to looks up more in that.

Overall I'm happy with the quality and the price is around 30 less than the Epson glasses. It is too bad the color temperature isn't closer to the Epson glasses, but it is mostly noticeable when you are switching from one to the other . After a while your eyes tend to adjust and it is not that noticeable . I guess the color settings on the projector could be adjusted for this as long as you were not using the Sony and Epson glasses at the same time.
In the photos, the Sony glasses are on the bottom. Epson on top.
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #173 of 367 Old 12-22-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansell View Post

Confirmed to work :

model CECH-ZEG1U

I detected no ghosting - same as the Epson.

Just checked and there is a Walmart near me that has these in "limited" stock will pick up a pair tonight and if they are better than the Dimensional Optics ones then I might have to be doing an RMA on those...

Thanks for the review!
post #174 of 367 Old 12-22-2011, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

The Xpand X104 YOUniversal 3D glasses have been reported to work fine with the 3010, mine should arrive tomorrow to verify. I have the X103 and it does not fully work with the 3010, but the X104 is the new model getting great reviews as an almost universal replacement for most 3D glasses.

These Xpand YOUniversal glasses arrived today, did a quick test with Tron Legacy 3D and Avatar 3D and they worked great. Light weight glasses, automatically syncronized after a few seconds the first time, I'd recommend them.
post #175 of 367 Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansell View Post

Confirmed to work :

model CECH-ZEG1U

I detected no ghosting - same as the Epson. I think they are as dark as the Epson glasses, but have a warmer color tone. I found them to be perhaps more comfortable than the Epson glasses to me, but I think it depends on the shape of the user's nose. They seem to be slightly lighter than the Epsons. They use a non replaceable lithium-ion battery and come with a short USB cable that charges via a connector on the top of the glasses.

These glasses are capable of doing SimulView where two game players see a different 2D image. I saw a demo of this at best buy. It is like a split screen game, but each player gets the whole screen. I'm curious to see if this feature is only available with the PS3 display, or can it be used with other 3D displays . I'll have to looks up more in that.

Overall I'm happy with the quality and the price is around 30 less than the Epson glasses. It is too bad the color temperature isn't closer to the Epson glasses, but it is mostly noticeable when you are switching from one to the other . After a while your eyes tend to adjust and it is not that noticeable . I guess the color settings on the projector could be adjusted for this as long as you were not using the Sony and Epson glasses at the same time.
In the photos, the Sony glasses are on the bottom. Epson on top.

Quote:

Just checked and there is a Walmart near me that has these in "limited" stock will pick up a pair tonight and if they are better than the Dimensional Optics ones then I might have to be doing an RMA on those...

Thanks for the review!

Stansell,

Thank You for finding these golden gems!!!

I picked up my pair from the wallyworld and they even price matched the lowest internet price (now I am wishing I got all 4 they had in stock.. bet your paycheck I am going back to get the rest of them tomorrow!!).

I can confirm that these are MUCH better than the Dimensional Optic ones, they have no cross talk/ghosting at all!! I had the Kids try them out they fit much snugger to your head but the kids did prefer the fit of the Dimensional Optics one over the Sony and Epson but when I asked which one they would want to watch it thru they all agreed the Sony's produced much better picture without the flickering they were seeing with the Dimensional ones.

Sync was no issue.. turn them on an get to watching!! I do not like where the on/off switch is and it is a pain to slide to the correct position but not enough of a pain to take away from the price point.

My youngest daughter was the first to notice that the Epsons give a brighter picture than the Sony's and the rest of them agreed afterwards.

I have NO PROBLEM recommending these glasses over the Dimensional Optics that I currently have and plan on sending back...the cross talk is just a deal killer in my opinion.. now just hoping the 3 other ones are still there tomorrow and they will give me the same deal I got on this pair today(47 bucks less than the Epsons)!

Please add PS3 3D universal glasses to the growing list of compatible glasses!!
post #176 of 367 Old 12-23-2011, 05:51 AM

They're listed under "Glasses that don't work" on the first page, but I tried 2 pairs of Panasonic TY-EW3D2M on my 5010 last night & they worked great.
post #177 of 367 Old 12-27-2011, 07:51 PM

FYI - Picked up 5 of the Sony PS3 3D glasses at my local Best Buy today for $49 each (they're currently on sale, normally $69). Actually got all they had.

Work excellent with my 3010. Definitely cheaper build quality than the Epsons, but for $50 less, I'm ok with that. They are a bit tighter fit (I personally prefer how the Epson feels on my head), but seems to work better for my youngest daughter (5 years old) who had to hold the Epson's on. The Sony she doesn't need to hold (though still is a bit loose depending on how she's sitting, though MUCH better).

Agree about the warmer picture on the Sonys, slightly dimmer. But NO problems syncing up, NO more problems with ghosting than the Epsons (perhaps slightly better).

Used 4 pair of the Sonys and 2 of the Epsons today with family (watching (yet again) the 3D ALice in Wonderland) and all worked well, no complaints.

Only other difference I saw is that on my Panasonic 3D BlueRay player, optimal no-ghosting setting for 3D with the Epson glasses is -3, with the Sony its -2, but the difference was slight (this was on the text screen asking for the language). We actually increased the depth to +2 for watching (greater 3D depth) and couldn't tell any ghosting on either glasses during the movie.

Overall recommended!
post #178 of 367 Old 12-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hraynor View Post

FYI - Picked up 5 of the Sony PS3 3D glasses at my local Best Buy today for $49 each (they're currently on sale, normally $69). Actually got all they had.

Work excellent with my 3010. Definitely cheaper build quality than the Epsons, but for $50 less, I'm ok with that. They are a bit tighter fit (I personally prefer how the Epson feels on my head), but seems to work better for my youngest daughter (5 years old) who had to hold the Epson's on. The Sony she doesn't need to hold (though still is a bit loose depending on how she's sitting, though MUCH better).

Agree about the warmer picture on the Sonys, slightly dimmer. But NO problems syncing up, NO more problems with ghosting than the Epsons (perhaps slightly better).

Used 4 pair of the Sonys and 2 of the Epsons today with family (watching (yet again) the 3D ALice in Wonderland) and all worked well, no complaints.

Only other difference I saw is that on my Panasonic 3D BlueRay player, optimal no-ghosting setting for 3D with the Epson glasses is -3, with the Sony its -2, but the difference was slight (this was on the text screen asking for the language). We actually increased the depth to +2 for watching (greater 3D depth) and couldn't tell any ghosting on either glasses during the movie.

Overall recommended!

Awesome info...thanks

I can't find them on BB website

Could you give me the SKU# please ?
post #179 of 367 Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 AM
Advanced Member

I own about 25 3d blurays now and I am quite happy with Epson glasses as far as crosstalk goes on almost all of these except for Harry potter deathly hollows 1 where it's very distracting.....and there are select few scenes in other titles like Caroline, polar express and mummies where it's obvious

So I got the following RF glasses with IR receiver as these allow you to adjust the delay and duty cycle settings of the active shutter to virtually eliminate the residual ghosting....I was able to tune out most of the ghosting in HP1 movie for negligible loss in brightness and am very happy with the outcome.... The crosstalk performance is almost as good as a DLP now with additional brightness in 3d that this LCD offers !

They were selling for $175 a month ago, now the starter kit is down to $110 and additional glasses are down to $75 comparable to Epson glasses in price

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
post #180 of 367 Old 12-28-2011, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

Awesome info...thanks

I can't find them on BB website

Could you give me the SKU# please ?

SONY COMPUTER ENTNMT AMERICA - 3D GLASSES
Model: 98079 | SKU: 2904117
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Panasonic , Panasonic Ty Ew3d2mmk2 Ultimate 3d Starter Kit Avatar 3d 2 Rechargeable Glasses , Mitsubishi , Nvidia , Samsung , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Mitsubishi 3dgx103 Xpand 3d Glass Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page