AVS Forum banner
87K views 366 replies 88 participants last post by  xhonzi 
#1 ·
Glasses that work:

Blick (verify that 3D3 is the Panny model #- NOT the ones with '2') NOTE: Blick glasses are one size and do not come in S/M/L

Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU/TY-EW3D3MU/TY-EW3D3LU IE All 3rd gen Active Panasonic Glasses

Mixed results:

*** These glasses have been reported as working and NOT working ***

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2

Panasonic 3D2 series w/ Avatar movie bundle

Glasses that don't work:

JVC 3D

Mitsubishi

Nvidia 3D Vision

Panasonic TY-EW3D2S/TY-EW3D2M/TY-EW3D2L

Samsung 1st gen IR

Samsung 2100

Samsung SSG-3100GB

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs - contains SSG-3100GB glasses)

Sony TDG-BR50/B 3D Active Glasses

Sony Active 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B

Xpand 103

See less See more
#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugueness /forum/post/21204359

Panasonic glasses work with Epson projectors?

The 3rd generation ones that are M-3DI compatible are said to work. Not any of the previous 2 generations though. Panasonic, Xpand, and Epson are members of the consortium for this technology. Samsung and Sony are not, so it's far from a universal one but better than the complete chaos seen in previous years.

#6 ·
I can confirm that the following glasses do not work with the 3010...

Nvidia 3D Vision

Samsung 1st gen IR

Xpand 103

Not that anyone was expecting them to work but we tried them out just the same.

Jason

#12 ·
I'm new here and I did a quick search so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate thread.

I picked up a 3010 last week, still waiting for my actual screen but have been using a sheet of white seemless paper and I love it so far.

Anyways, I've heard and have been reading that the 3010 supports non-Epson brand 3D active shutter glasses. From what I understand, any glasses using the new M-3Di format ( www.m-3di.com ) should work.

What I haven't been able to find is a definitive list of what glasses work and what ones don't. I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread and people could post what glasses work and what glasses don't work.

So, anyone have success with non-Epson glasses and the 3010?

UPDATE 15/12/2011: Epson has a small list here: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...61&foid=199263

Glasses that work:

Blick (verify that 3D3 is the Panny model #- NOT the ones with '2') NOTE: Blick glasses are one size and do not come in S/M/L

Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU/TY-EW3D3MU/TY-EW3D3LU

Panasonic TY-EW3D2SW/TY-EW3d2MW/TY-EW3D2LW

Panasonic TY-EW3D10U

Mixed results:

*** These glasses have been reported as working and NOT working ***

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2

Panasonic 3D2 series w/ Avatar movie bundle

Glasses that don't work:

JVC 3D

Mitsubishi

Nvidia 3D Vision

Samsung 1st gen IR

Samsung 2100

Samsung SSG-3100GB

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs - contains SSG-3100GB glasses)

Sony TDG-BR50/B 3D Active Glasses

Sony Active 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B

Xpand 103

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens /forum/post/21239888

I'm new here and I did a quick search so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate thread.

I picked up a 3010 last week, still waiting for my actual screen but have been using a sheet of white seemless paper and I love it so far.

Anyways, I've heard and have been reading that the 3010 supports non-Epson brand 3D active shutter glasses. From what I understand, any glasses using the new M-3Di format ( www.m-3di.com ) should work.

What I haven't been able to find is a definitive list of what glasses work and what ones don't. I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread and people could post what glasses work and what glasses don't work.

So, anyone have success with non-Epson glasses and the 3010?

The only glasses that we know work are the Epson glasses and the 3rd generation Panasonic glasses which meet the m-3di standard. I believe that is it. Nobody else, as far as I know has confirmed any other glasses working.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk /forum/post/21239953

The only glasses that we know work are the Epson glasses and the 3rd generation Panasonic glasses which meet the m-3di standard. I believe that is it. Nobody else, as far as I know has confirmed any other glasses working.

Thanks ack_bk - is there an easy way to tell if the glasses are 3rd generation? Or do they say M-3Di on the box somewhere?

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk /forum/post/21240204

I hear you, very hard to find them in the US as well. They are backordered everywhere unless you want to pay double....

But I would rather wait than buy glasses that I may not be happy with.

Yeah for sure. The Epson glasses work just fine but unfortunately they're HUGE on my kids (5 & 7). Not to mention, can't seem to find anymore of the Epson glasses to order up here yet either.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens /forum/post/21240224

Yeah for sure. The Epson glasses work just fine but unfortunately they're HUGE on my kids (5 & 7). Not to mention, can't seem to find anymore of the Epson glasses to order up here yet either.

The size is my problem too with my kids. I am hoping to get two pairs of the small 3rd gen Panny glasses. Hopefully more M-3DI glasses will be hitting the market soon.

#22 ·
I saw 'em on Amazon as well as ebay. Also another aftermarket brand that they state are compatible with the Panny 3rd generation ones with a $ back guarantee.....
These are on ebay. I strongly suggest that somone from here be the guiena pig and buy 'em & report back! LOL

Ed

#24 ·
Q: Which 3D glasses are compatible with Epson 3D Projectors?

A: The following M-3Di active shutter 3D glasses are compatible with Epson 3D projectors:

Panasonic

Sony

Samsung

Note: Mitsubishi and JVC 3D glasses are not compatible with Epson 3D projectors.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...61&foid=196989

#25 ·
So tell me this, why don't any if the glasses from these companies advertise that they are M-3DI compatible? Or is it just so new that only Panasonic have glasses out on the open market?

And yes by open market I do mean EBay because that seems to be the only place you can get them right now...

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzul /forum/post/0

So tell me this, why don't any if the glasses from these companies advertise that they are M-3DI compatible? Or is it just so new that only Panasonic have glasses out on the open market?

And yes by open market I do mean EBay because that seems to be the only place you can get them right now...

I believe they just announced the standard in August. This time next year there will be many more options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.