InFocus IN76 Vertical White Lines - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-16-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've just remounted my InFocus IN76 after 8 months in storage (during home renovations) and, ceiling-mounted, there are now regularly spaced groups of white vertical lines on the projected picture. Please see the attached photos.

The lines are present both with and without any inputs attached. I've tried a different power cable. I've tried a factory reset. I've tried going through the menu options to see if there is an option that might be causing it (but without success.) I've even tried squeezing the top and bottom of the projector (which worked as a temporary fix for someone else with a similar issue on another forum!)

Does anyone know the cause and/or fix for this issue, please? I'm not afraid to disassemble the projector: I have previously stripped it down after i was unlucky enough to get dust in the (almost-sealed) DMD light chamber. May I stress the projector was in full working order prior to storage.

There are 7500+ hours on the bulb (is this a record?) so it's not worth paying for a repair when, for the price of a bulb and the repair, I could buy a new 1080p projector. However money is tight (well, non-existant, actually!) at the moment after extending the house, so a DIY repair would be my preferred option. I'm grateful for any help you can offer.
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 11:16 PM

Hi there,
I own an infocus 5700 and have the exact same scenario as you had. I have just taken the projector out of storage and nothing I try will get rid of the vertical lines. Did you have any success with finding out how to solve this problem? Would love to hear from you .... hopefully with some good news!
post #3 of 3 Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Well if ya need parts I have a dead IN76...only thing bad is the power supply board, even the bulb only has maybe 75hrs on it...let me know
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page