Big room, small budget. I need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, so I am new to all of this, but got appointed to pick out a projector for our church to use. Here is what I know; we have a very large sanctuary with 50 ft. ceiling and lots of windows that cannot be covered. The projector will be portable and for intermittent use (not every week). I expect that we will position the projector at somewhere between 50-70 ft. from the screen, and the image will be somewhere around 170" to 200". The problem is that we only have $2000 to spend. What projector will come the closest to filling our needs in this price range?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-23-2011, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Unfortunately, that is not a lot of money for a large-venue projector, especially when you have no light control. What you need is a projector with the highest brightness (measured in Lumens) possible. In the $2000 range, the best you will find will be up to about 5000 lumens, which will still require a lot of light control to see the image on such a large screen.

I do not know of a projector that will give you acceptable results on that large of a screen, in that environment, for so little money.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page