Picture Quality Comparison: Hometheater vs Movie Theater - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #1 of 84 Old 12-31-2011, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A recent trip to a local movie theater makes me wonder whether the picture quality of my hometheater is actually better than that of the IMAX theater. Sure the IMAX picture is BIG, but the picture itself is not sharp and the contrast is also not as good as hometheater projectors.

Is it just me or everyone else also has the same impression?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old 12-31-2011, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
IMAX NOT AS SHARP!?....Imax sharpness blows home theater sharpness out of the water. Those are 8k images. Maybe your theater was out of focus. Or it wasn't a real IMAX, but fake imax. Or it was a 35mm film blown up to IMAX. Stuff shot in IMAX, like certain IMAX scenes in MI:4 and Dark Knight are incredibly sharp. Contrast is another story. The problem is that the Imax screen is so huge, it reflects tons of light back at the audience, which bounces back and washes out the black portions of the screen to a certain degree. It's especially bad with images that have large areas of light and dark. Even in regular movie theaters, I never see black blacks. It's always gray, so in that respect, yes, home theaters are often better.
post #3 of 84 Old 12-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Most I MAX theaters have switched to digital projectors twin 2K's.
They advertise 4K. 2K + 2K =4K? Not! I MAX is 2K except for the
small portions that are filmed in actual I MAX then they are 2K doubled.

A few I MAX theaters still use 70mm film prints. Each print costs $50,000.00.
The film resolution and clarity is off the charts. The new digital LIE MAX uses a $200.00 hard drive to store the film saving the company millions in making film prints.

I just saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocall at the Palms I MAX in Las Vegas.
The picture was on a 7 story screen. I could see artifacts and very Jaggy looking text etc. etc. Very sad and disappointing from the filmed I Max presentations.

My own home theater looks better.
post #4 of 84 Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

Most I MAX theaters have switched to digital projectors twin 2K's.
They advertise 4K. 2K + 2K =4K? Not! I MAX is 2K except for the
small portions that are filmed in actual I MAX then they are 2K doubled.

A few I MAX theaters still use 70mm film prints. Each print costs $50,000.00.
The film resolution and clarity is off the charts. The new digital LIE MAX uses a $200.00 hard drive to store the film saving the company millions in making film prints.

I just saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocall at the Palms I MAX in Las Vegas.
The picture was on a 7 story screen. I could see artifacts and very Jaggy looking text etc. etc. Very sad and disappointing from the filmed I Max presentations.

My own home theater looks better.

My MI:4 screening was on film. Looked awesome. The Dark Knight Rises preview also looked great, although there was quite a bit of vignetting. Don't know if it was the theater or the film itself.
post #5 of 84 Old 12-31-2011, 02:02 PM

There is no question that digital IMAX is no where near the image fidelity of true film 70mm IMAX. But the question remains, how does a modern well set up home theater compare to a properl setup digital IMAX theater?

One thing I would expect is that the much larger imax theater screen and relative close viewing position might make you more critical of the theater image and a valid comparison might be found by viewing your home theater from one screen height distance.
post #6 of 84 Old 12-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
I have an Ultra Star CineAPlex in my town with 10 digital theaters using Christie projectors. Almost always now the bulbs need changing because the picture is to dim. I can understand they want to stretch their profits.

When the bulbs are new you can really tell the difference.

I have gone back across town to the old theater that uses 35mm film. I like it better than a dim bulb on a $100,000.00
Christie digital pro projector.

I just drove 3 hours each way to my nearest IMAX for a mediocre presentation of Mission impossible on a 7 story screen.

The quality of my home theater has me getting spoiled.

Plus no crappy endless commercials before the main picture.
post #7 of 84 Old 01-15-2012, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

I am NOT sure if one needs to be concerned about making a "valid" comparison because there are factors that we simply cannot control. It is the viewing experience we are trying to compare here.

Learning other people here also experienced poor picture quality of movie theater, including IMAX theater, I am convinced that my experience of last movie theater visit wasn't a fluke. Movie theater gives you BIGGER pictures, but poorer quality when compared to proper hometheaters.
post #8 of 84 Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccspruce View Post

A recent trip to a local movie theater makes me wonder whether the picture quality of my hometheater is actually better than that of the IMAX theater. Sure the IMAX picture is BIG, but the picture itself is not sharp and the contrast is also not as good as hometheater projectors.

Is it just me or everyone else also has the same impression?

You're not alone in your thinking; this is one case were empirical testing trumps theory. My last trips to the Palisades Imax (King Kong, The Dark Night) were quite disappointing, both in sound and PQ. Watching both these titles in my Home Theater proved to be a much richer experience, as the image was sharper with better color fidelity, and the sound was no contest.

Sure, from a theoretical standpoint this shouldn't be the case, but it is.

Below is a screenshot of a forty-five-year-old movie taken from my 120" Firehawk screen:

I find no real reason to go to movie theaters any longer, unless it happens to be the birthday party of one of my granddaughters classmates.
post #9 of 84 Old 01-16-2012, 05:37 AM

For folks that do Home Theater its a better option to watch at home in most cases for video and audio PQ.

For the vast majority/great unwashed to whom a Home Theater means a HTIB or to whom "theater sound" means the TV speakers ?? those folks still go wow at cheapo cineplex " theater sound"......sigh.

DIY beats store purchased.
post #10 of 84 Old 01-16-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

I am surprised that the topic is NOT often discussed much here or other forums online. I remember when I built my hometheater a few years back. The objective was to be able to watch movies like in the theater at home. The reference picture quality was often measured by the "film-likeness" of the video. Now, we have lost the reference standards.

I am sure that most professionals recognize the picture quality deficiencies in theaters. Why hasn't it been a topic of discussions? Theater nowadays really charge people an arm and a leg going to theater while not providing the "ultimate viewing experience".
post #11 of 84 Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've always preferred watching movies at home....even if the sound/picture was worse...there are too many other positive aspects of viewing in the comfort of your own space....simple things like pausing the movie to use the bathroom come to mind

Now, with a decent audio/video experience in my own home, I haven't been to a theater (of my own desire) in several years.
post #12 of 84 Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Picture quality in theaters has been going downhill for years. Film projection in particular has suffered due to the use of digital internegatives, sloppy film printing, and of course the fact that most theaters no longer have skilled film projectionists who actually know how to focus a picture.
The advent of digital projection has not improved things that much. There is still no comparison in what we see today compared with a 35mm IB Technicolor film print projection of 60 years ago when the labs were putting out pristine quality prints.
post #13 of 84 Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffman View Post

Picture quality in theaters has been going downhill for years. Film projection in particular has suffered due to the use of digital internegatives, sloppy film printing, and of course the fact that most theaters no longer have skilled film projectionists who actually know how to focus a picture.
The advent of digital projection has not improved things that much. There is still no comparison in what we see today compared with a 35mm IB Technicolor film print projection of 60 years ago when the labs were putting out pristine quality prints.

An out of focus picture at any movie theater really upsets me.

But even in focus we have a 4K picture on a very large screen so on a per two yard basis we get a 780P picture?? versus that same two yard screen at home getting an 1080P picture??

IMHO to me it looks sharper on a home screen DIY two yard screen at 1080P ??

Just my opinion but it does look better at home.

Russ.

post #14 of 84 Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 AM

I still do both. At home I have a better sound system but a much smaller screen (120). The IMAX (in king of Prussia) has worse sound but much larger screen.

At home, I may get distracted because of the 2 kids. In the theatre, I get left alone

At home, I have to wait for the BD. In the theatre, I get to see the latest. Try to watch MI4 at home. You can’t.

It’s nice to find 2 hours of undisturbed time slot to watch a movie then eat out at a nearby restaurant.
post #15 of 84 Old 01-17-2012, 07:29 AM

Liked: 11
I've really started to despise going to the theater to watch a movie. The whole experience is starting to get to me. From the overpriced tickets and snacks, to the obliviously rude moviegoers. It's just no more fun.

As for the PQ, I agree that home theaters, even my 51" Samsung, have a better picture. I feel that a trip to the movies now is only to watch a newer movie on a larger screen. But lets face it, if all we wanted to do was watch the newest movies, we could easily "acquire" them for home viewing.

I think I've grown out of going to the movies. Simply because when I was younger I wasn't aware of the costs, rude people, and mediocre picture and sound quality. Now though, I can have a dinner date, go to the lakeside park, and go home to watch my newly purchased Blu-ray. All around, a better experience for the same cost as a date to the movies.

I admit though, I don't have kids yet. I can see how this would change things up.
post #16 of 84 Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

What is missing in today's multiplexes of course is the warmth and ambience of the cinema's of 50 years or more ago. Anyone remember the magnificent picture palaces? Today's multiplexes are like cold black tombs. There is no colorful decor, screen curtains and proscenium lighting are now unheard of, they are inevitably freezing with the AC blasting on you from everwhere, and the sound level is usually about 130db. Add to that the obnoxious people on their cell phones and the 300lb guy who walks in with a gallon of pocorn and sits right behind you! Then you have the endless digitally projected commercials and about 20 previews to suffer through before the movie starts. And, more often than not, the movie itself is adolescent garbage.
The final nail in the coffin for me is the switching to digital projection. IF I go to the cinema and pay $15.00 to see a movie, I expect it to be the best viewing experience possible, which is 35mm film projection, not digital. I can get better digital projection at home thank you.
post #17 of 84 Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Those who think new cinema theaters are sharp, walk up to the screen and check their convergence. You'd be surprised how off they are but from the stadium seats, the PQ looks fine.

post #18 of 84 Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofBlasting View Post

I've really started to despise going to the theater to watch a movie. The whole experience is starting to get to me. From the overpriced tickets and snacks, to the obliviously rude moviegoers. It's just no more fun.

For price, most theaters have cheap prices for movies before 12pm or 6pm.
I go to a couple in my area because it's only $6 before 12pm.
The drink/popcorn combo still costs $12 though.

post #19 of 84 Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Unless my kids get really vocal and drag me to the cineplex I prefer to tell my kids to wait for the blu ray.

post #20 of 84 Old 05-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I know this is an old thread, but after not having been to a movie since September 2013 (date of my first projector), I took the family (4 adults) to see the 9:30 am showing of the Avengers: Ultron movie. The Regal Movie theater is new and promises the RPX (Regal Premium Experience). We paid our $40 dollars (wow it has been a while since I paid for a movie) and went in the non-RPX screen (I just picked the an early showing and got the regular screen/theater. As I said it has been a long time since I've been to the movies).

Initial impressions were promising with a large curved screen, black/red curtains and new chairs/carpet. I fully expected the experience to destroy my "home theater" (entry level LCD Epson HC2000, Yamaha 675 7.2 with entry level Infinity speakers) in terms of image sound/quality, but...

(computer was down and not working right so it took 20 minutes for us to get our tickets with two couples in front of us)

First thing we noticed was seat comfort. I could feel the springs and my wife kept moving around trying to get comfortable. I have been in seats that recline and are nice. These were blue, cloth and had limited motion. Must be like flying and to get good seats you have to pay for the RPX theaters.

Second thing we noticed was the sound. They really need to learn how to turn down the volume...loud doesn't always equal better. I swear the speaker popped when one of the actors grunted/talked while getting up.

Third, image quality was awful. Someone had the light on in the projection booth and you could see the light in the form of a 2 foot by 6 inch box during the dark scenes. Throw in the light from the green exit signs (I swear they each had two 100 watt bulbs providing the light) and the image degraded further. The women with me didn't notice the box, but it drove me crazy. They did notice the Exit spotlights....I mean signs. Maybe they make it bad so you will pay extra for the upgrade.

How can my inexpensive Epson HC2000 shown on a wall I painted (for about $50) wall be better than the brand new regal projector/sound? (The theater seats 160 and we had about 14 people in the theater so no crowd issues.) I noticed no improvement in black levels/contrast over my entry level projector, but it was nice to have the large screen instead of my little 169 inch 16:9 home screen. Just not $40 bucks worth of better.

How can my inexpensive Yamaha 7.2 AVR and inexpensive Infinity speakers sound better than the sound in the theater? (To be fair, it was so loud I never could enjoy the sound. The two kids trying to talk to their dad behind us also didn't help since they would shout to be heard over the movie and keep the same volume when a quite moment occurred in the movie.) I guess we could have moved (160 seats and 14 filled) but I figured I would be deaf soon and not notice the kids yelling.

How can the seats be so uncomfortable? I paid $40 to sit in a seat that I wouldn't even pay $40 to own all four seats.

So of course I couldn't get into the movie and I'm not sure if it was the movie was fair/poor or if the bad theater experience made it fair/poor. I guess I'll find out when I watch it at home in a few months.

Lesson learned: Stay at home. I wish I had my $45.25 back (4 tickets and one coke...my girls don't want anything to avoid frequent bathroom trips).

Last edited by steve1106; 05-08-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Oops. Wasn't the RPX screen.
post #21 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Your experience was a lot like my experiences at the local theater showing 3D, both in normal screen and in mini IMAX. The contrast was definitely not better, and the image sometime suffered from a lot of judder. And the sound was incredibly loud. I always stuffed some paper napkin pieces in my ears. It's just not good sound. The comfort was okay, but the overblown sound and judder (as in skipping frames when the camera is panning) just p'd me off most of the time. The lighting was okay and the exit signs were within limits, so that's a plus. And when parents brought kids, the kids kept taking their glasses off and after about 1/2 hour kept saying they wanted to go home, it's too loud. I think the volume is set by the projectionist behind the wall, and they set it so they can hear it okay, and that just makes it lounder

Last edited by 3DBob; 05-11-2015 at 02:05 PM.
post #22 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I used to go to Regal too... stopped not because of PQ but mandatory popcorn munchers and idiots who laugh every 5 seconds for no reason... Can't get into the movie with someone flapping their mouth one way or another.

As far as viewing quality goes, yes it's loud. But it's not the loudness that bothers me it's the quality of sound. Extremely dry and overcompressed, lacking in resolution, detail and pretty much everything. Cheap and plastic sound in other words. My $200 system kicks any movie theater azz.

I found video quality ok, not stunning. Not better in any way than my Optoma HD33, and definitely a step down from Sony. But then again you're looking at like 100 ft wide image made with just 4000 pixel rows... (they say 4k), compared to 14 ft with 2000 pixels at home, so you get way more density at home, hence much sharper image. They probably have fancy post-processing, but still. Home is always better minus rumbling subs, can't beat that at home. But no popcorn munchers and LOLing idiots.
post #23 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 460
I saw Avengers at my local IMAX and it was easily in the top 5 most incredible movie going experiences I've ever had. Visuals and sound quality, both amazing. Yes it was loud but it was clear, and deep, and appropriate.

I don't think your early bird showing of the Ultron movie in a crappy cheap theater can compare. IMAX rocks. Don't have any complaints about black levels. In any case, we're going to get some upgrades in that department soon regardless from lasers.

The only thing I miss from my home theater is the ability to watch in my shorts and get drunk and pass out on the couch with my babe. Oh and motion interpolation. And being able to pause the movie. Or switch it. I mean, yes. But Ultron on IMAX was one of the biggest movie spectacles in terms of visuals I've ever seen, it's completely ludicrous the amount of action there was at some points. It was so worth it. I will see it 2-3x at the cinema, and IMAX 3D at that. Also, so will many other people. So a few shut ins who hate going to the movies are not people they really care about, or who they make movies for.

I don't know how anyone could complain. If the movie sounds too loud, yeah, maybe stay home and watch on your home theater and keep it real low and quiet. Just like how my mom watches TV. But then again, my mom doesn't brag about spending 10 grand on a sound system like people do on this forum then run their speakers on low volume. At least she can appreciate the real thing holding back movie projection : 24hz is crap.

That's the main flaw of commercial theaters, being forced to watch a great movie with a garbage frame rate. Nothing else even comes close to this limitation on the quality of movies. HDR is probably going to come first, but they need to start investing in HFR because that's a big deal. Super resolution doesn't mean squat when the action is moving so fast that it's all a big skippy, juddery blur anyway. 2K at 60hz would be far, far clearer than 4K at 24hz.
PrimeTime likes this.

Last edited by RLBURNSIDE; 05-11-2015 at 06:51 PM.
post #24 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 303
I'm once again glad for the quality of the couple smaller theatres nearby. Plain yet comfortable seats, moderate volume levels, dark-red exit signs and flat screens that don't diminish contrast, generally very well-behaved patrons and friendly staff, and very reasonable prices during matinee or the slow day...which are also allowed to stack.

The only complaints I really have are smaller nitpicks like the one room that got vandalized years ago never got a 100% repair and I always wish for deeper blacks than the 2000:1 cinema DLPs are capable of.
Maybe when the extra inline chip design catches on we'll finally start getting those two extra zeros at the end of that CR number.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
post #25 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Ultron was majorly washed out when seeing it in 2k non IMAX. But that was the cost of going with friends versus going by myself. There were a half hour of commercials then 6 previews. They didn't turn down the lights until the movie started. Once the lights were down I saw medium gray blacks, soft focus and decent sound for a basic 7.1 house (Birmingham has no commercial Atmos theaters.)

The one area that commercial projection is supposed to beat the pants off of home theaters is color. We are stuck with variations on BT709, but the DCI commercial houses get P3 color space which is quite a bit wider. Even the color in this presentation was underwhelming. We have some better theaters than where I went... the Regal across town has commercial 4k Sony projectors that looked so good I picked up its baby brother for my own theater.

It's not a totally fair comparison. Obviously, home theater projectors and commercial DCI projectors have different goals. Just like we like our inky blacks in our man caves, commercial projectors have to show a bright (ideally) image that lights up a 50 foot perforated screen or larger and most of all they have to be dependable.

It's like using pro audio instead of home gear in the home. There are overlaps but ultimately commercial gear and home gear have very different capabilities because they are designed for different needs.
post #26 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

If I had my subwoofer on as loud as the IMAX did for the bass, the cop cars would be lining up around the block to arrest me. Many people don't live in soundproof buildings with perfect isolation, so going out to the movies is the one time to let'er rip. I feel sad for those who go out and want the sound to be as tepid and timid as their grandma will let them watch at home. I mean, seriously, it annoys the heck out of me when movie theaters are low. I don't want to strain to hear dialogue or effects, I want the dynamics to scare the bejeesus out of me. Anyone remember seeing Jurassic Park the first time the T Rex roared? Now THAT was a top ten movie experience right there. That was pure awesome.

People don't go to the movies to be lulled to sleep (at least not on purpose).

Go big or go home.

Last edited by RLBURNSIDE; 05-11-2015 at 09:19 PM.
post #27 of 84 Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
If I had my subwoofer on as loud as the IMAX did for the bass, the cop cars would be lining up around the block to arrest me. Many people don't live in soundproof buildings with perfect isolation, so going out to the movies is the one time to let'er rip. I feel sad for those who go out and want the sound to be as tepid and timid as their grandma will let them watch at home. I mean, seriously, it annoys the heck out of me when movie theaters are low. I don't want to strain to hear dialogue or effects, I want the dynamics to scare the bejeesus out of me. Anyone remember seeing Jurassic Park the first time the T Rex roared? Now THAT was a top ten movie experience right there. That was pure awesome.

People don't go to the movies to be lulled to sleep (at least not on purpose).

Go big or go home.
Like I said, I'll stay home, but seriously you thought Ultron was good??? I love the rest of the Marvel movies...even Iron Man 2 and 3, but Ultron?? I couldn't get past Bruce Banner's hair or and the popping sound from the speakers in the "cheap crappy" brand new Regal Cinema.

For the record, what I (mothers and grandmothers) have learned is once your hearing is gone "it is game over man".
post #28 of 84 Old 05-12-2015, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 36
My experience with theaters are about the same as others here. Bad sound, bad picture quality, uncomfortable seats. I don't mean to be an elitist, but the quality control at some of these places is pretty bad. About the only time I go to the theater is for dates, and so I don't mind the previews, gives a bit more talking time. However, there were times when one theater had an obvious seam in the acoustic screen, another where it was film projection but the quality was on-par with a 1920 silent film that had been ran a million times over for degradation to set in. The sound is an interesting one, unlike what some people above think, I don't mind loud, but there is a difference between loud and clear and loud because of a lack of clarity. Most of the theaters I've went to recently seem to lack clarity, so they turn up the sound to a ridiculous level where it actually hurts your ears during action scenes. You shouldn't need to turn up the sound to make up for a lack of clarity. A good sound system will have audible and clear dialog even at moderately low levels. Seating is always an issue for me, they're built for cheapness, not comfort. In my theater room I opted for a very comfortable couch, combined with the darkness of the room and cool air, I almost feel like taking a nap at times, haha, to me that's comfort. Luckily for me, the room is half underground and the main wall is built for a chimney, so I get pretty good sound isolation. Most of the sound seems to project toward the street but is attenuated enough in the direction of any nearby house that I have yet to get any noise complaints.
However, to be fair, it is far easier to achieve comfort in your own home, sound that is better as you're only filling a volume of air much small than a typical theater. Picture quality though is a bit more subjective, as it depends if the size of the screen is taken into consideration... and assuming they're actually properly running the equipment.
post #29 of 84 Old 05-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
At least she can appreciate the real thing holding back movie projection : 24hz is crap.

That's the main flaw of commercial theaters, being forced to watch a great movie with a garbage frame rate. Nothing else even comes close to this limitation on the quality of movies. HDR is probably going to come first, but they need to start investing in HFR because that's a big deal. Super resolution doesn't mean squat when the action is moving so fast that it's all a big skippy, juddery blur anyway. 2K at 60hz would be far, far clearer than 4K at 24hz.
I hope not. I hope movies stay @ 24fps in my lifetime Anything else will look too cheesy
post #30 of 84 Old 05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Does reality's infinite framerate look cheesy to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP