Woe is me. My HD70 died. Is HD66 comparable? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all!
After tons of research (most of it here) I purchased a HD70 a few years back on sale and have loved it. Well.....it bit the dust. (which is bad) but I had the protection plan (which was good) BUT BB only wants to give me $440 towards a new projector (which is bad).

I was able to (after 3 or so hours) convince the manager to at least get me to a 720p projector (they originally wanted to replace my HD70 with a vivitek 4:3 office projector) and I wanted to make sure I was going to be happy.

So currently, they are ordering me a Optima HD66. I'm not finding a ton on the projector, except that it might be a HD65 with the addition of 3d (that some review say, isn't 3d even though some say it is)

So, my question is : Is the HD66 going to be comparable / better / worse than my beloved HD70? Because there is the option to take it as a Gift Card and then pay the difference (LOTS) to jump to the HD20, or some other option.

Also, a while back I got an extra bulb for the HD70, are they compatible?

I'm in a fully light controlled room, used mainly for video games (xbox 360 via HDMI) and some movies.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.projectorcentral.com/part...347&pid_2=3402

(fifth element)
post #3 of 4 Old 01-04-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the link. I did actaully have the hardware specs, I was talking more along the lines of experience, quality, etc.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have the HD66, and I love it. It is really really sharp, blacks are pretty good, and it has dark chip 3. I use it everyday for my main TV. You will have to tweak the colors a bit, out of the box it won't look too good. Turn the lamp on "eco mode", turn brilliant color off, as I found that this gives the darkest blacks, and more natural colors. I would describe the PQ as very film like, I love mine.

Mitsubishi HC 4000 Projector
100 Inch Screen
Onkyo NR 828
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP