PT-AE4000U -- on my short list. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-10-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have the infamous Optoma HD72 lamp ballast issue. (It lasted 5.5 years before having the issue, so I guess I go lucky). Anyway, I am using this as an opportunity to upgrade. However, I'm trying to keep the price reasonable, thus I'm looking for the poor man's CIH room

I am thinking of the following setup (I currently have a 16:9 100" screen).
1. Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector
2. 125" 2.35:1 Screen (use the zoom feature for 2.35 material)

Here are my room specs:
Size 12' x 15'
Light control: middle of the house, no windows, one door opening (no door) that I can control the light with a curtain
Seating: One row on the back wall (yeah, I know not the best)
(Complete details in the link in my sig)

I am wondering if anyone else has a similar setup. According to the projector calculator it should be able to throw a 16:9 100" and a 2.35 125" image at 13'.

Other than making sure my measurements work, what else should I look for and / or consider?

(Anamorphic CIH? Maybe in my next house )

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Liked: 10
What are you going to do for a mount? I've read in the AE4000 forums that because of its weight you have to be carefull which mount you get because it will sag over time/have issues. I just bought this projector and I'm getting a Chief RPAU based off of a lot of reading in that thread. Hope that helps.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

thanks, that's good to know. At 19lbs, I would think a ceiling mount that handles 50lbs would be sufficient. I'm looking at the Peerless "Gear" line of mounts. Helped a friend install a projector with this type of mount and it was so much easier than my "freebie" universal mount I received with my first projector. Plus if I can align the thing in 20 minutes instead of 2 hours, that extra money is worth my time

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #4 of 5 Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
These have really great lens shift. I usualy drop a shelf from the cieling and mount these right side up. Super easy, more solid and easier to adjust than any mount.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Interesting thought. However I want to do the poor man's CIH where the lens needs to be no higher than the top of the screen. So with a shelf, I would have less overhead (the shelf itself) than a ceiling mount.

My Little Theater
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page