Viewsonic Pro8200 Calibrations - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see what you're saying, and I do have an HDTV in the same room as the PJ...I stream movies from my router using the Xbox so I can't use the TV to match up like that...I can for cable and they look the same...I was actually wondering about some of the scenes in Oblivion...if that's how they were supposed to look (dark scenes) or if it was the PJ...I'll have to pull up Sharknado lol or sumthn on cable and compare....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Liked: 10
So I think the only thing left is that I could add a filter. We just watched The Great Gatsby last night and it looked great.
post #63 of 63 Old 12-14-2013, 07:22 PM

Liked: 11
I have two of these projectors for a passive 3d system. I am using the Omega filters, which filter the light through ten different bands of color across the spectrum. I am trying to calibrate the color in this system, but my right eye has a redder white, and my left eye has a redder grey. My old projector had color temps for low mid and hi, but this projector does not. I am still new to all this color balancing stuff, and I was wondering if I could get some pointers in the right direction.

I am not sure how to affect whites across the gray scale using saturation and gain for individual colors. I believe saturation affects how boldly or blandly a color appears, and gain affects affects how washed-out or dark the color appears. I just can't get my head wrapped around the notion of pulling red out of gray in one projector, and pulling red out of white in another projector using those setting. Any advice?

focus
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Viewsonic Pro8200 Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - Pro8200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page