[Help]Wich projector?HW30,Epson5010,Acer h9500bd,.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone ,
I'm new on this forum. Actually I'm from kraine's forum and I've found many interesting feedbacks on it .
It looks like this forum rocks too and I'd need your help .
I'm looking for a top projector under 3000k:
something excellent in 3d ,and I emphasize on 3d gaming(like Battlefield 3 online) so I need something with low input-lag. So the projector should have a excellent fluidity too I guess.
Excellent image quality of course and high luminosity because I've white walls.
And if possible,a good 2d to 3d conversion.

The projectors I've selected so far are the followings:
1)Acer h9500bd(1600euros!!!!)
2)Sony hw30 and Epson 5010(tw9000 here in Europe)

So if those who 've compared or seen these projectors above could give me a hand on my choice,that 'd be nice
Thanx for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Epson 5010 has 80ms lag.
Acer 9500bd has SBS tearing issues.

Sony hw30 has a gaming mode with 30ms lag. Some may find the Sony a tad softer looking for gaming as compared to a DLP.

You might also check out the Benq w7000, or even an Optoma hd8300 (not sure on price). You could still consider the Acer, but I'm not sure if your setups will ever be affected by the 3D-SBS issue. The Optoma hd33/hd3300 might be another option for you as well.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #3 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

What about Sony's image quality ? Has anyone been able to compare it to the Acer's?
I've read somewhere 3d gaming on the Acer wasn't as good as expected...
Optoma hd33 doesn't have a good contrast ... As far as Benq w7000 is concerned I've read Kraine's test and it reports some issues ,and here too contrast is not as good as expected..
post #4 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemps View Post

What about Sony's image quality ? Has anyone been able to compare it to the Acer's?
I've read somewhere 3d gaming on the Acer wasn't as good as expected...
Optoma hd33 doesn't have a good contrast ... As far as Benq w7000 is concerned I've read Kraine's test and it reports some issues ,and here too contrast is not as good as expected..

Deppend's, A lot of people were excited about the H9500BD thinking it may provide a dual DVI in allowing higher res PC 3D gaming. But it in fact is just a DVI.
Like noted some have noticed tearing with Gaming SBS 3D content. But appears movies done in SBS is not a issue, least from Cable/Dish providers.
My experience with 3D gaming on the H9500BD was good. But I have only played Assassins Creed Revelations with a PS3 set to Page Flip 3D and it performed that fantastic.

If SBS 3D gaming is the majority of content you will want to inquire on people's experience with them on that model projector. SBS 3D causes issue on a few displays.

That said there are 3D Gaming rig's out there such as the GT750 by Optoma, H5360 by Acer and maybe some others. That have almost 0 input lag and being 720P native and games being 720P are a what seem a perfect match for gaming.
post #5 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for answering me,

Well I'd like something really capable in 2d too,since most of my blurays are in 2d. So I think the Acer might be a good deal ...

Did you try some FPS gaming on the Acer ? I forgot to mention it but I only play PS3 video games , the projector won't be connected to a pc wish I only use for internet surfing etc.
Did you see the Sony ?How would you describe it compared to the Acer? Any big issue with it?

By the way,it 'd be my first projector so I guess the Sony 'd impress me a lot...

Before I forget , I've white walls so I don't know if the contrast 'll drastically fall even if I can darken my room .

Are there very bad feedbacks about the Sony? About the reliability or something like that?

Thanks for helping me guys
post #6 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 106
What is the price of the Sony in Europe? The Sony will most likely have better contrast for 2D and comprable lag for gaming, but won't be as good in 3D and will most likely cost quite a bit more. In the US, the Sony was about $2K more than the Acer based on the quotes I was getting and I could not justify the price at the time.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

what is SBS tearing issues? Does SBS tearing issues only for games? or movies?
post #8 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Here we can find the Sony for about 3000euros with 2pairs(on a forum it was said that we can find it for about 2700euros)
So the Acer beats the Sony as far as 3d gaming is concerned? Did you try both of them?
post #9 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here we can find the Sony for about 3000euros with 2pairs(on a forum it was said that we can find it for about 2700euros)
So the Acer beats the Sony as far as 3d gaming is concerned? Did you try both of them?

I don't know about 3D gaming, but it beats it for 3D Blu-Ray.

What size screen are you considering and how far back do you sit? The Acer will have more lumens than the Sony if that is a concern.

If cost is not an issue perhaps you could buy both the Sony and the Acer from a store that has a good return policy and then return the one you don't want to keep?

Wha
post #10 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm considering a 2.40 meter base for the screen . There 'll be about 3.70 meters(sorry I know you use feet) between the screen and the spectators.
Unfortunately,I can't afford to buy both of them , actually the Sony is already a huge investment for me so.. But I've heard Acer's customer service was a horror but I don't know what to think about that since we hear lots of different things on the net

Is there a big difference between 2d quality?
post #11 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm considering a 2.40 meter base for the screen . There 'll be about 3.70 meters(sorry I know you use feet) between the screen and the spectators.
Unfortunately,I can't afford to buy both of them , actually the Sony is already a huge investment for me so.. But I've heard Acer's customer service was a horror but I don't know what to think about that since we hear lots of different things on the net

Is there a big difference between 2d quality?

I have not compared these two projectors directly, but I believe Jmalto has, you may want to read his posts in the over $3K forum where he talks about the 9500 and other projectors (think he has owned them all now). The Sony should have better contrast in 2D. Is it worth the price difference is the question. The Acer, for the money, has a very impressive 2D picture. At least in my opinion.
post #12 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

OK then maybe I should post the too,since the Sony costs more than 3000.
I was told on another forum Acer's customer service was crap...
post #13 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK then maybe I should post the too,since the Sony costs more than 3000.
I was told on another forum Acer's customer service was crap...

I don't know how bad they are in Europe, but that don't appear very impressive in the US. I purchased an extended warranty for an extra $85 that covers 24 months. I can't speak for Sony projectors but Sony customer service has been some of the worst I have ever had. Epson probably has the best customer service.
post #14 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

ouch... here the SOny has 3years warranty and as far as I'm concerned I've had good experience with their customer service .
post #15 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
What about the Panasonic PT-AE7000U? Not sure what the model designation is in Europe but it seems to do everything you're looking for and within your budget.
post #16 of 16 Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going on the Acer ,cheaper and excellent unit for my use...If it offers a good 3d gaming experience,I'm buying it this WE
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Acer H9500bd 3d 1080p Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page