Epson 8350 projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello i recently got epson 8350 with 150 inch screen(16:9)

the picture quality is awesome. I have a question.(I am a novice to audio/video technology and terminology trying my best to learn here) even though my screen is 150" diagonal (16:9 ), when I played iRobot or other blu ray discs, the picture is not covering the entire screen. there is some white space on top and bottom. I assumed the projector should cover entire screen since it is 16:9 ratio. Is that how it will be? can I change any settings to make it full screen? using zoom is going out of the screen horizontally but wont cover entire screen vertically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It is because the movie is is a Scope movie and not a Flat film which is closer to your 16:9 format. So the movies in the Flat ratio are closer to 1.78:1 ratio and will fill your screen. While the other Scope 2.35:1 or higher still leaves you with black bars on the top and bottom of your screen.

Your can get a scope screen made and create your own masking system to draw in the side masking for the flat films/shows. Although you would need a projector with a memory like function or anamorphic lens to fill both screen formats. The Epson 8350 isn't one of those projectors

Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray
My DVD Collection
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page