Epson 8350 - Bulb Life - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 62 Old 03-18-2014, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried a generic lamp once. It lasted 31 days with a 30 day warranty (from some ebay seller.) I will pay the extra for the genuine lamp. I wish I knew where my free one was (I bought a 9350 and had the included extra lamp come up as missing during a move.) I luckily have another replacement, as my lamp died this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 03-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Epson bulbs have a 90 day warranty. They just told me this when I called about my 5 month old 1000 hour failure, that they are replacing.

Which is good for them, because I would never buy another Epson projector if they hadn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

Just to contribute to this thread:

I have an 8700UB and have had 3 lamps fail since I bought the projector almost 3 years ago.

Lamp lifes are approx:

1) 2800
2) 1800
3) 925

With the 3rd failure occurring just last week. I know have a 4th lamp in there. So far I've not had to pay anything additional for lamps. I got the spare lamp with the promo when I bought the projector and the first two lamp failures occurred within warranty, so now, basically 3 years later I'm having to finally install the "spare" (I rotated stock after every initial Epson replacement).

I did not check the first lamp failure, but failures #2 and #3 had a drooping element.

Unfortunately, I really don't have a desire to "upgrade" the projector and for the first time in 3 years I currently do not have a spare sitting on a shelf.

I see prices for an OEM lamp to be about $250 from known vendors and $299 from Epson directly. I don't see much mention of a warranty or guarantee with regards to OEM lamps. Where is everyone getting their replacements? I'm inclined to just get it from Epson if they've switched suppliers for material reasons and if there's a chance that if after 6 months or something a bulb fails prematurely that they'll dip into their known good customer service and send a new one out.

buytme
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page