Optoma HD70 Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey,
I have an Optoma HD70 and have been looking around on the internet trying to find a resolution to my problem.
I have had the unit for ~3-4 years, but haven't used it ALOT, and have only put around 515 hours on the original bulb it came with.

I started plugging my MacBook Pro into the projector VIA an HDMI cable, and the projector powers up no problem and the image looks the same as it always had. Unfortunately, after about 15 minutes of viewing, the projector will quickly flicker through the HUES of red, blue, green, etc and then shut off.

I immediately starting to look online and apparently it was the "color wheel" as many said, or dust on the color wheel sensor. I kept viewing how long it would take to shut off and then noticed that it would ALWAYS shut off RIGHT when my MacBook Pro screen would dim to black, if I was watching something or was moving the mouse and would not let the computer screen dim and go black, as all Mac's do, it would not flicker the colors and shut off.
I had NO IDEA why it was doing this, and didn't know it something is actually wrong with the PROJECTOR or not.
Please, I would love to have some feedback or some suggestions to try to see if the projector is actually having problems.
Thanks a ton!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, just checking if anyone had any inputs. Thanks again!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page