LG CF181d or BenQ W6000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the past the BenQ has been the better priced unit....until recently, the LG has come down to the point where there is less than a $50 difference between them. I understand the basic technology differences between them LCOS vs DLP, the BenQ seems a bit brighter as well. However given that the prices are almost identical will one be better than the other for a primarily Home Theater setup with occasional HD TV use? I've seen DLP in action but I have not seen a LCOS unit to compare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222joco View Post

In the past the BenQ has been the better priced unit....until recently, the LG has come down to the point where there is less than a $50 difference between them. I understand the basic technology differences between them LCOS vs DLP, the BenQ seems a bit brighter as well. However given that the prices are almost identical will one be better than the other for a primarily Home Theater setup with occasional HD TV use? I've seen DLP in action but I have not seen a LCOS unit to compare.

The LG is about the brightest calibrated projector out there. Odds are the W6000 is only brighter when it's badly miscalibrated with lots of green in the picture.

I have owned CRT, DLP and LCOS. I currently own an RS15. The image is fantastic, best I've had yet. Partly due to the CRT like black levels and on/off contrast. The LG won't match its black levels, but the brightness on it even calibrated is very high. LCOS has a very smooth filmlike image. You won't see any pixels or pixel structure unless you get super close tot he screen and even then it's very subtle. The fill factor is great.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

The LG is about the brightest calibrated projector out there. Odds are the W6000 is only brighter when it's badly miscalibrated with lots of green in the picture.

I have owned CRT, DLP and LCOS. I currently own an RS15. The image is fantastic, best I've had yet. Partly due to the CRT like black levels and on/off contrast. The LG won't match its black levels, but the brightness on it even calibrated is very high. LCOS has a very smooth filmlike image. You won't see any pixels or pixel structure unless you get super close tot he screen and even then it's very subtle. The fill factor is great.

One advantage the W6000 has is horizontal lens shift. LG wins in the noise category. DLP wins in sharpness. Basically your typical DLP vs LCD (LCOS in this case, but the LG performs much like an LCD from what I can tell).

Anyhoo: http://www.projectorreviews.com/lg/c...petitors.php#4

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page