Best LED projector for using just like HDTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Maybe we could start a thread on LED projector that could be used mostly like we would watch a HDTV. Not have to worry about bulb life. Watch as many hours as we like. This could be secondary projector and not even 1080p and not for home theater.

Maybe we can pull together and figure out model that is cheap and maybe good for screen sizes around 80 inchs, maybe. Something that we can use with some light in the room.

Any ideas?

I was thinking something like the viewsonic pled-w500 or 3 clones like that model.

Could you give your experience with LED projectors for TV viewing and sports channel type stuff and for computer use?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
viewsonic pled w500 could be the answer moreover it do 3d over hdmi using vp3d1 hd processor
post #3 of 11 Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Something much brighter. I didn't like watching my dim Optoma ML500 too much. I prefer I brighter picture. But there are some coming out this summer and fall. The Casio led projectors are brighter tho
post #4 of 11 Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Maybe we could start a thread on LED projector that could be used mostly like we would watch a HDTV. Not have to worry about bulb life. Watch as many hours as we like. This could be secondary projector and not even 1080p and not for home theater.

Maybe we can pull together and figure out model that is cheap and maybe good for screen sizes around 80 inchs, maybe. Something that we can use with some light in the room.

Any ideas?

I was thinking something like the viewsonic pled-w500 or 3 clones like that model.

Could you give your experience with LED projectors for TV viewing and sports channel type stuff and for computer use?
Thanks

A new version of the current Qumi LED projector called the Q5 is reported to be set for a June release, and it will have a 500 lumens output. Also LG is set to release a new LED projector called the HW600G, with an output of 600 lumens. (Although I read somewhere the HW600G might be delayed until September due to a component sourcing issue with lens materials.)

I am hoping these two projectors correct a few issues that existed with previous models, and finally will be at the quality and price point where I feel comfortable making a purchase end of summer for use in my light controlled basement. The LG in particular seems a bit larger than the typical pico/palm sized LED projectors that we have been stuck with due to the marketing folks, so I am hoping this will eliminate some of the small form factor compromises such as loud cooling fans etc.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 AM

Liked: 10
acer k 330 is great but only in low light
post #6 of 11 Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

a grand for a 600 lumen 1040x912(the res of the "720p" pico chip) pj? No thanks,just like 3 grand for the 1200 lumen 1080p hybred,probably will not sell many.For that kind of money you can get 2 pjs that are probably comparable and a drawer full of bulbs(like a hd 20 at 900$and a hd33 at 1300$ ect).

(fifth element)
post #7 of 11 Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

a grand for a 600 lumen 1040x912(the res of the "720p" pico chip) pj? No thanks,just like 3 grand for the 1200 lumen 1080p hybred,probably will not sell many.For that kind of money you can get 2 pjs that are probably comparable and a drawer full of bulbs(like a hd 20 at 900$and a hd33 at 1300$ ect).

Where are you getting the grand price? The LG HW300T was recently $400. I haven't heard about any pricing on the newer LG WH600G, particularly what it will end up really going for at retailers, not the list price. I think around 500 lumens will be fine for my light controlled basement, and there is always the living room TV if family wishes to view a program in bright daylight. 1080p is not a big concern since I don't even have Blu-ray and most of my source material is DVD quality or worse.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I'm still waiting for lasers. Haven't read anything about the viewsonic led laser. And then there is the Casio.
mobius likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Wow! I see people are really starting to take off on the led side of projectors. I have the LG Hx350t and I have no complaints, never any focus problems, noise has never been an issue and it never gets hot for me. I run my ps3 and xbox 360 through it with no problems at all. Also use the usb reader and that is flawless as well. Any questions please ask away, I could talk about this projector all day!
post #10 of 11 Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Liked: 14
I have four (4) HW300T projectors that I purchased from Fry's. I am utterly blown away by them. The addition of a tuner was the item that allowed me to finally buy. All my rooms are white with no light control. I have a small thirty year old high gain screen for 3D. (My next project is choosing screens for them.)

I have 5 computers & a Cox hddvr hooked thru 2 HDMI switchers (4x4 and 4x2) connected to two monitors and two projectors (a hw300t and an Epson hc 720). I have used the HW300T as an output for all of these devices and I am still impressed at all signals I've thrown at it. I don't use the Epson now (it is too hot here in Arizona).

For me, there are going to have to be some major improvements in the next LED projector I buy. I just can't imagine anything coming out any time soon that is comparable based on the price that I paid at Fry's.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-06-2012, 02:59 PM

This is actually pretty interesting. Instead of getting another TV for the room, I can get away with using one of these projectors and just project it to the wall. With the bulb life, it would theoretically last as long as a regular flat panel.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page