I currently have a Epson 8700 projector. I am projecting on a 119 inch High Contrast Cinema Vision Da-lite screen, in a living room (dark carpets, light ceiling, medium shade walls). I watch mainly movies with it.
Quality currently is great, but with the new 3D projectors just out, I was thinking of upgrading. Currently on my list and thoughts regarding each:
1) JVC DLA-X30 (Apparently the best quality on this list, however, 3D has flicker and crosstalk. Additionally, in my room, with the light ceiling, I don't know if I'd be able to benefit from the contrast advantage over the other projectors on this list. Most expensive option)
2) Epson 5010 (Great contrast in 2D, but no dynamic iris in 3D, so any 3D content will look bad compared to 2D)
3) Panasonic PT-AE7000 (Very good contrast in 2D, very good contrast in 3D. 2D will be a slight step down from the Epson, but 3D will be a step up. Additionally, bulb will not last as long as Epson, as it needs full lamp mode to run as bright as the Epson on Eco mode)
4) Benq W7000 (sharper image as this is DLP, however, the worst contrast projector in the lot).
5) Anything else in this class that I might have left out?
So, based on my choices above, has anyone had a lot of experience with these projectors and can recommend the best solution for me?