My LT150 won't read my CF card! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-10-2002, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just got a CF card reader/writer for my PC and a 8 meg CF card. I put some small jpeg pics on it. And it reads and writes OK on my PC, but I put it in my LT150, nothing happened. I puched the source select, it cycled through and just came back to the NEC logo. I could not select it from the menu because it was greyed-out. What gives?

Shahram

Are you capable of independent thought, or do you need the government and mass media to do that for you?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Shahraminator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-11-2002, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone????

Shahram

Are you capable of independent thought, or do you need the government and mass media to do that for you?

post #3 of 6 Old 05-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
is it formatted with a standard DOS FAT file system?

I believe the projector looks for pictures in a specific directory, "root" might not do. Try to go through the menu and find a directory listing of what is on the CF card.

I have a different model NEC which I had no trouble capturing and reading pictures, but I haven't used a computer to directly place the picture on the card.

Can you capture video to the card in the projector? Capture a few frames and play them back. Once verified, go to the computer and move the files you want to see to the directory created.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-11-2002, 12:47 PM

I have had 3 projectors with the card reader. With all 3 (LT154, LT85 & LT150z) I have to push the card in then pop it out then push in in again -very hard- till you see the light flash then it will work.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-12-2002, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Which light flashes? So I can look for it. I will try again, it looks like it's not even recognizing the CF card because the option is greyed out. I will try to push it in a little harder because I didn't see any light. I pushed it in until the button popped out and bothe the button and card were flush. Does it need to go in farther than this? And it was formatted in Windows 98.

Shahram

post #6 of 6 Old 05-13-2002, 05:06 PM
apg
Advanced Member

Yes, you have to push the card in all the way, until the eject button moves out, and the small green "PC CARD ACCESS" LED blinks.
The _first_ time that I tried this, it was a dark room, and I managed to put the card in _sideways_. Not good. I had to take it apart to straighten the pins on the card reader.
Do you have the NEC CD-ROM? There is software on it to format the card, create directories, convert PP images to JPEGs etc. (The JPEGs or BMPs must be in directories.)
I believe that you can download the most recent software from this Japanese NEC site:
http://support.nevt.co.jp/dl_service/pcview_en.htm
BTW, I created directories and downloaded images on a Mac Cube, without any additional software. The CF card showed up as "IBM" format on the Mac desktop.
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page