Do you game on your projector? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Do you game on your projector? (votes are public)
Often 0 0%
Occasionally 0 0%
Barely or not at all 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 06-01-2012, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I probably play five to ten hours a week on my pj, with a 100" screen. Love it.

XBL GT: Big Bucket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I am looking to get a new 1080P projector mainly for gaming....mainly for GT5.
I say a friends setup with a full stereo and racing chair. Amazing.
post #33 of 41 Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 AM

I usually play first and third person shooters on my projector. At first on my old Optoma HD20, now the HD3300. Zero input lag from either of them.
post #34 of 41 Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNegative View Post

I usually play first and third person shooters on my projector. At first on my old Optoma HD20, now the HD3300. Zero input lag from either of them.

The HD33 has input lag, has been tested and shown on this forum, believe is around 30mstested against a laptop which puts it in the same park as the W7000 and the H9500BD in 2D same testing. 3D game lag I have not seen tested numbers, my H9500BD has more input lag with 3D content then 2D I know this due to lip sync delay needed with 3D and not 2D, playing single player the lag with 3D is not noticed by me, but I likely would notice if playing FPS in multiplayer mode. Playing FPS in 2D may be noticed at very rare times but still very competitive in multiplayer mode.
post #35 of 41 Old 06-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4mopar View Post

The HD33 has input lag, has been tested and shown on this forum, believe is around 30mstested against a laptop which puts it in the same park as the W7000 and the H9500BD in 2D same testing.

I have personally tested the HD20 against a monitor with a fast response time and got nill on the measurements, posted the pics in the HD20 thread some time ago. I have never seen nor heard of a test of the HD33, do you have the links to this test/pictures? I might perform it myself with a CRT.
post #36 of 41 Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 AM

Liked: 11
I play my PS3, XBOX360, and games on my HTPC on my projector.
I had a Panasonic PTX AE200U and went through 2 bulbs over the course of a year.

I upgraded to a Casio XJ-M255 last year and I have not looked back.
Yes, I know that this is by no means a true HT high def projector, but playing games at 120" is mind blowing.

Red Dead Redemption on PS3 was mind blowing to play, and currently Skyrim on the XBOX360/PS3 is constantly making me say "Damn this game looks good!"

I moved to the Casio, because of the bulb life, and the sheer amount of time we spend in front of the PJ and I have not looked back.
During the weekends we spend 8-12 hours with the projector on, so paying for a new lamp ever 3-6 months was going to cost a fortune.
I am currently ~2100 hours in, and I am only 1/10th of the advertised bulb life.

Max

Dual Dayton RSS390HF-4 15" Sonosub Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You mean, you um, you built those things?"
"Yep!" "Why?" *Power on* "Oh, that's why"
post #37 of 41 Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The first game I played when I got my Epson 8350 set up a couple weeks ago was Super Stardust. Got one of my best scores ever! No lag that I could detect.
post #38 of 41 Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have lg hw300t led projector on 92"
I and my brothers play Fifa and bf3 whole day everyday
Never going back to TV
post #39 of 41 Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I rock Gears of War 3 on my HD33 with a 135" screen. ;-)

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #40 of 41 Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM

I game the shat outta my Epson 3010, to the tune of about 180 hrs a month. Once you play on a 120+ screen there's NO GOING BACK!!! Replaying all the Halo's in order starting with Reach, should take me until Halo 4 comes out to finish all on legendary.

Help a Family in need, Show Them We Care! Like it on Facebook and tweet it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #41 of 41 Old 06-08-2012, 05:10 PM

100% PC gamer here:
GT750 got this primarily for input lag. I'm one of those FPSers that REALLY notices this. Try spinning around and shooting something on a fast LCD, then try spinning around and shooting something on a >30ms projector == a whole different game. Lag is why the (Battlefield3) TVM is difficult for people to master. Internet latency is a whole different bag of lag, so it's not comparable (i'll discuss if someone wants...)

Games:
Battlefield3 (not worth the 3D, IMHO, at least on my setup and with builtin drivers)
Battlefield2: Project Reality (3D crashes for me, but I play this competitively so I wouldn't use 3D anyway)
GTA4 (REALLY wish there were a first person mode, this is RAD in 3D)
Diablo 3 (input lag doesn't matter here, 3D is pretty cool but not "holy sheeit!", though the art is amazing)
Fallout 3 (playing this again because of 3D, totally worth it. Input lag doesn't really matter since it's not multiplayer and is generally easy)
Arma 2(haven't tried this too much, but 3D looks sweet once you get the settings right. Input lag matters here.)
Counterstrike: Source (I haven't tried this at all... it's so twitch, that on a huge screen i doubt it would be better. As someone mentioned before, your eyes have to move so much farther == slower reaction == being one of the suckers again)

Quite honestly, I think the ideal use of a projector is to sit up real close (~4 ft with a ~120" screen) and turn up the FOV, so you get a "wrap-around effect". Sitting far away in GTA4 with 3D on is nowhere near as cool as sitting close with 3D on. That being said, I wouldn't play that way with twitch FPS games, unless I'm in the mood for being shot a bunch.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page