Dell 2200MP simply won't Quit - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It has been about 8 years since I have been on this forum. I used to be in here all day and night dreaming of the BIG SCREEN. When I finally pulled the trigger I bought the Dell 2200MP. It was absolute crap compared to todays projectors, but at the time, for the money, my 92" screen was AWESOME! I am not a cheapskate but I had hoped to wait out the projector and replace it when the bulb finally went. But here is something strange and I know you will all tell me I am lying, but it is our daily use projecotr and has about 10,000 hours on the first bulb which was only supposed to last for 2000 - 2500 hours. And it is still going strong. I am astonished by this! But, the reason I came here today is because I am going to be making a dedicated HT in the basement and I am going to start another thread asking some questions about the Optoma HD33 and room size................ 8 years, 10,000 hours and no issues makes me think Dell might be the way to go again, but they do not have anything at the Optoma HD33 price point worth looking at. 10,000!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dude, I salute your luck.

End of transmission.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post

Dude, I salute your luck.

End of transmission.

Thanks!! strange facts...who knows why what happens happens???
post #4 of 9 Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 AM

I got just over 13.000 hours out of the last factory infocus lamp [rated at 3,000 hours] I ran in my X1-A so it doesn't really surprise me much It hasn't been my primary movie projector for years [Optoma HD72 for that] but was still used daily as a bedroom TV.

I recently swapped the X1 out for an Infocus IN112 as I was going to grab a new lamp and was still happy with its performance but decided to check out the IN112 for a few dollars more than a lamp. Otherwise the X1 still works just fine in a dark room. I'm still very happy with the HD72 as my primary which is why I didn't bother to buy a better replacement for the X1-A.

Its cool to see people still running older PJ's like yourself, seems pretty rare except in the CRT PJ world. Most of those guys would sell their first born child before giving up their PJ
post #5 of 9 Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Have you guys taken any specific precaution like adding extra fans or something like that ?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM

Well, if you buy an Optoma projector you'll definitely never have to worry about the lamp lasting 10,000+ hours ;-)

I'd be happy if I got 1000 out of mine. :-(

It's toe-tappingly tragic!
post #7 of 9 Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I've got a Dell 2300, still works at over 5000 hours before I put it in the closet and upgraded. I would not be into projectors had I not seen a dell advertisement and thought oh what the heck. I always keep thinking someday set it up with my portable screen and invite friends over for a gaming session. Movie's look horrible on it though.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnz34me View Post

Well, if you buy an Optoma projector you'll definitely never have to worry about the lamp lasting 10,000+ hours ;-)

I'd be happy if I got 1000 out of mine. :-(

Nope no extra fans etc on mine and being ceiling mounted neither have really had an easy life as air temp goes.

I think a big part of why my X1-A was easy on lamps is that I rarely shut it down completely. Usually shutting down the video source then switching to the blank screen option on the PJ but never turning it off unless I was going to be away for a few days.

I know I have been pretty lucky with my Optoma having always gotten between 2500 and 3000 hours out of my lamps. Its always been my dedicated movie PJ @ 96' 16x9 and not used much otherwise. The Infocus has always been my jack of all trades which in the end makes movies on the HD72 feel pretty special
post #9 of 9 Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_kumar6566 View Post

Have you guys taken any specific precaution like adding extra fans or something like that ?

No special care at all. In fact, if anything, we abuse it! It gets turned on around 6-7pm and it goes all night 5-7 days a week.

Regarding the Optoma comment I am glad you mentioned that because come to think of it a friend of mine bought an Optom projector and has been through 2 bulbs and is now finding his third bulb to be dark already and he says I am full of crap that I am still on the first bulb.

But more importantly, Maybe the Optom HD33 is not such a good investment? That is what I was going to get as a replacement and this thread is ironically making me think to just get an affordable HD Dell.......any opinions?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page