Optoma HD67N - start PJ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!
Been lurking here for a while. A lot of good information.
I just moved to a bigger apartment and have for a long time wanted to get a PJ (Have 37" LCD atm (yeah, they don't sell them anymore )).

Now, I'm a student on a strict budget.
Been thinking about some different models and in the end (I live Sweden, so the prices are a little different) it's basically either the HD20 or HD67N.

Now, the HD20 is in not REALLY in my budget, but if I HAVE TO I can stretch, but I rather not.

Basically I'm wondering if a 720p + PS3 will be a let down at around 100-110" sitting 3 meters from the screen (sorry for the mix of inch/m).

It comes down to this, should I buy now and enjoy it OR wait and MAYBE buy a 1080p?

What do you think, is it a good compromise to get a 720p now, use it until the lamp dies and maybe get a 1080p when that happens?

Will I be able to get a new lamp in like 2-3 years or should I buy one soon after when I know how much I use it (it costs 1700 SEK if you buy it standalone)?
Let's say you use it 2 hours per day, that would mean almost 3 years with 2000 lamp hours.

Thanks a lot in advance

EDIT: Forgot the prices (for comparison)
HD20 6990 (SEK)
HD67N 4490 (SEK)

I can add 700 SEK (which is around 100 USD) for a generic 108" screen, is that ok even though it's not top quality?

EDIT2: This against a used BenQ W1000 including a good mount for 4000 SEK with around 1000 hours left on the lamp.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page