viewsonic pled w 500 speaker problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello everybody

I m from india. I have bought viewsonic pled w500. This is my first projector. I m very happy with this projector and it is working great. I have a little problem.This projector doesnot have audio output option. when i plug in usb in it sound only come from its tiny speakers. I have read in another thread about usb speaker system but i come to know that the usb sound dongle is power intensive and can fry my projector. this projector has two usb one simple usb and other mini usb display port . i was wondering if there is some way to differentiate sound and display from same usb with the help of any adapter and then direct video to usb display and audio to my external system. please help
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartesh View Post

hello everybody

I m from india. I have bought viewsonic pled w500. This is my first projector. I m very happy with this projector and it is working great. I have a little problem.This projector doesnot have audio output option. when i plug in usb in it sound only come from its tiny speakers. I have read in another thread about usb speaker system but i come to know that the usb sound dongle is power intensive and can fry my projector. this projector has two usb one simple usb and other mini usb display port . i was wondering if there is some way to differentiate sound and display from same usb with the help of any adapter and then direct video to usb display and audio to my external system. please help
thanks in advance

I guess if you are using laptop or desktop just use vga and your laptops speakers . If you are using xbox 360 pick up adapter that can split it so video goes to projector and sound goes to external speakers.
What are you pluging into the projector, a gaming system or laptop/PC?

The guys here might be able to help you if you explain what device you are plugging into your PJ.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-11-2012, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

thank u for your quick response
actually i have some mp4 files in my usb 8gb pendrive. i want to see that files directly inserting pendrive in my pj without using any computer
post #4 of 11 Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartesh View Post

thank u for your quick response
actually i have some mp4 files in my usb 8gb pendrive. i want to see that files directly inserting pendrive in my pj without using any computer

I think you are stuck with internal speaker because no way to get audio out from PJ.
I was gonna buy this pj but I saw no audio out and I even called viewsonic tech dept about it and they said no way to get audio out of it. I thought maybe future firmware could add that feature, but they said no.
Maybe get something small like WD TV Live and then plug files into the 2 usb ports and split the video and audio.
Others might suggest other alternative ways to give you sound.

How is the sound from the speaker on the PJ. Is is loud enough for you?
How do you like the PJ. Tell us about your experience with it.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

i think you r right . i will have to buy media player or something like that. This pj is my first one. i searched a lot on net and then i took the decision to buy this projector.earlier i was sckeptical about the low lumens but when i started this pj i was very much impressed. i mainly use this for viewing movies . i found it very good. it only has one downside.its internal speakers are very bad. their sound quality is not at all good but the picture is very good and sharp. I can easily get 125 inch image without losing sharpness with this projector . over all i m happy with it and i think it is well worth as i will not have to change its lamp.
i am not using this projector for gaming or anything else but only movies . its a very good time pass.

can u suggest any good media player which is best and reasonable priced.
thanks in advance
post #6 of 11 Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

The cheapest way is just use a PC or laptop or netbook if you already own one , so it doesn't cost you anything.

I do own a WD TV LIVE media player but I got it last year and not sure if it's still the best bang for your buck. Maybe go on amazon and see what people are using.

Now, something you could try with your PJ using just the PJ's speaker.
Look into converting your video and boasting the volume on the files.

I have a few Ipad /tablet devices where in the past sound was too weak from mp4. So I used a program and keep the video codec's the same but increased volume maybe 200 percent. It worked for me.

It's something to research. So you might be able to use the PJ's speakers if you can BOOST the sound on the mp4's.

You will have to experiment with it , to make sure the sound still sounds good.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If you are using you pen drive for movies maybe you can run them through your computer and have the audio go to a amp or receiver and send the video from your video card into your projector.
As for me, I will be watching movies, videos, video games either from my Playstation 3 or computer, or blueray player, and I have a 5.1 receiver that I send the audio to, feels like your in a movie theater.
Do you have a Playstation 3 ? or Xbox ? perhaps those can play the MP4 files and send the audio to a amp or receiver and send the video out to the projector.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If you were to take apart the projector, those speakers would most likely be as cheap as a cheap AA battery radio.
Most electronics with internal speakers have very cheap speakers and low wattage so it's best to get a external amplification with better speakers.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 PM

Liked: 11
egreat s900
post #10 of 11 Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 PM

Liked: 11
bhartesh have u tried 3d using nvidia 3d vision or anyother converter.
whats ur set up whats the screen size? 7x5 feet (100" 4:3)will work with good result?
post #11 of 11 Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 PM

are you ever gonna get a home theater system? if you do and you should(lol) you can get a Blu Ray home theater and it will have one or two HDMI in's and 1 HDMI out. you plug your cable box, xbox 360 or ps3 into the HDMI in and take a HDMI cord and plug it into the out on the home theater and connect it to the projector and all audio will play through your home theater.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page