Acer K750 LED/Laser Hybrid - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 246 Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

so this, LG's PF80G and ViewSonic's PRO9000: Which is best for non-3D movies, tv series and the occasional video game? Pro/cons?

I have yet to see a direct comparison of colors, brightness and blacklevels. Hell, I can't even find a site where all three projectors got reviewed for a more level comparison :(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post

so this, LG's PF80G and ViewSonic's PRO9000: Which is best for non-3D movies, tv series and the occasional video game? Pro/cons?
I have yet to see a direct comparison of colors, brightness and blacklevels. Hell, I can't even find a site where all three projectors got reviewed for a more level comparison frown.gif
The Viewsonic sounds luke warm at best, especially for the price it goes for. Are you in North America or Europe? I'm probably going to sit back and wait a bit longer and see what happens particularly with the LG one. Maybe when it comes to the states it will go for a fairly low price and it wont be too terrible for home theater use (it's basically a dinky portable projector). It's BS that there isn't more LED projector options available.
post #243 of 246 Old 02-16-2014, 04:55 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L View Post

The Viewsonic sounds luke warm at best, especially for the price it goes for. Are you in North America or Europe? I'm probably going to sit back and wait a bit longer and see what happens particularly with the LG one. Maybe when it comes to the states it will go for a fairly low price and it wont be too terrible for home theater use (it's basically a dinky portable projector). It's BS that there isn't more LED projector options available.

I already bought - or rather ordered (its not here yet) - a used PRO9000, though for merely 500€. it was listed as "good as new" on ebay with a 1 year warranty. i think that this was a good bargain? If anyone else is interested, there are currently 3 more available for auction on ebay.de (germany), one of them ending today.

It's a pity I dont get all those handy network features of the PF80G and better color accuracy. However, the ViewSonic is said to be quieter and brighter.

Dunno about the K750, but it doesnt seem to even get manufactured anymore, so its pretty difficult to get a hold of it...

Either way, I think 500€ for any of these projectors is a pretty good price. Lets see how it turns out. I cant wait for mine to arrive

post #244 of 246 Old 03-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Liked: 10

Sorry for the late update.  Turns out that was a mistake to try to buy from that seller.  As the estimated delivery dates arrived without communication from the seller, I contacted them asking for a tracking number which they did not provide initially.  They said they would get it to me the next morning.  I waited a couple days and contacted them again and they said their was a problem with their carrier because they would not ship/handle due to mercury in the bulb.  I emailed them back with a link to the Acer press release that explains there is no bulb, no mercury, and no hazardous materials at all and I asked them to send a tracking number within a day.  A couple days later I had still not received a respone.  I filed a dispute with PayPal and told them I either want a tracking number or my money back.  I received a full refund from PayPal the next day, and an email of appology from the vendor who said they won't use that carrier again.  I still don't understand why they refunded me instead of just sending the projector using a better carrier.  It was bizarre.  I really wanted that projector but not sure I want to deal with those folks again.

post #245 of 246 Old 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
690 hours on the unit so far. The little guy has been great for sports & regular TV viewing - No complaints.
Anyone else out there with this unit? (echo.........)
post #246 of 246 Old 06-28-2014, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes me , I am very happy with it too ,

If the projector may have a new firmware (not happen) can be really most

I change the colors in the rgb menu in second row all are to 25 I raise all to 29 except red

and in color saturation to 47

and i have to change gamma one point up and one down to restart the software fail of this projector each time projector resinc

Me only complain is the bad firmware

i put it , this morning he restarted without touch anything

Say restart by fan calibration and all is like the first day the colors and the time of use to 0

Saludos
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Acer K750 Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - K750 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page