Hi everyone! Hope y'all are doing well.
Ok, so I tried reading and scouring as much as I could before asking questions. Learned a lot but am still quite ignorant when it comes to projectors. I was leaning towards the Panny AX200U but I know that is an older model.
Here's the details of my setup:Room:
- Moderate ambient light during the day from windows
- 108" diagonal 16:9 screen
- up to ~18ft distance from projector to screen (projector can be closer though)
- Projector will be ceiling mounted and not moved
- Seating is at least 8 ft from the screen at the closestContent:
- No HD stuff. Ever. All DVD quality content.
- Mostly (converted but same quality) DVD movies with the occasional streaming video from Hulu and the like (we don't watch TV programming...ever).
- Usage is probably around 12-18 hours a week (it will be our primary TV)Source:
- The only source currently is a Linux-based HTPC connected to my current projector via VGA
- Vid card in the HTPC is a NVidia GT220
- Audio is handled through my receiver via optical SPDIF so audio over HDMI is not needed.
My current projector is a BarcoGraphics 4000 (got it free) which is not really suited for movies, but it works well enough for now. Current resolution to the BG4000 is 1024X768. The bulbs are aging so I'm wanting to just replace the unit with one that's actually for movies and such.
I'm sure even the cheapest projector suited for movies will produce better results than the BC4000 does.
The wife-approved budget is probably around 1500 but less expensive would be better based on the needs. Far as I can tell, we don't need anything super fancy.
Thanks in advance, everyone! Have a great one!