Trying to decide?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I am new to posting here but been getting tons of great info for the past few years so thanks to all. I just bought an Optoma PRO360w that came with a rebate for a free 92" screen for 699 +tax. I have seen the HD66 for 549 and was wondering if the PRO is worth the extra cash or should I go with a cheaper projector and look for a bigger screen seperate? Loooking to spend around 700 total for screen and pj. There are so many options out there and its a little overwhelming when looking. So far I'm impressed with the PRO but looking for any input on other options, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post

Hi all, I am new to posting here but been getting tons of great info for the past few years so thanks to all. I just bought an Optoma PRO360w that came with a rebate for a free 92" screen for 699 +tax. I have seen the HD66 for 549 and was wondering if the PRO is worth the extra cash or should I go with a cheaper projector and look for a bigger screen seperate? Loooking to spend around 700 total for screen and pj. There are so many options out there and its a little overwhelming when looking. So far I'm impressed with the PRO but looking for any input on other options, thanks.

I would stick with the Pro360w because of the brightness and longer lamp life myslef. Not to mention you already got it and the HD66 certainly would not be an upgrade. It may have better blacks, but not by much, and that is the tradeoff for the improved brightness. If you want a bigger screen see if you can use the voucher and add a few bucks to make it bigger. Add to that if you do go for a bigger screen the brightness of the PRO360W will help. Of course this is just one opinion and you have to consider your needs. But going through the trouble of exchanging and starting all over again for a less bright, same resolution PJ seems like a lot of trouble to save $50 or so bucks by the time you order a new screen.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2012, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

thanks it is nice and bright which I need due to variable lighting. so far I like it was just wondering if there is something else out there better for what I am spending or did I do pretty good.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 PM

If you are happy I advise you to stay happy! You can always second guess yourself and wonder what if? It would suck to make a change and find you preferred your first choice.............

I have been driving myself crazy with options too on a replacement PJ, but ultimately, the one that fits me best is the only one like it, so I have to just go for it and hope for the best. If it arrives and I am happy I am going to write a review about it and live with it for at least a couple of years before I even think about making a change.

Enjoy it!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page