Not sure which under $2K PJ to get (I've read umpteeump reviews and threads) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 31 Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank you, Charles R and coderguy. It's good to know that I can get the W6000 for substantially less than the $1,800 price I see at most online places. I'd be happy to give AVS some business as I've learned a great deal from these forums over the years.

AFA CW noise goes; I don't think any PJ could be louder than the InFocus SP4805 I have (but am not using ATM...it's not even 720P...making do with a 1080 42" Plasma). I'm serious when I say that with audio off, you have to raise your voice to carry on a converation. That whine is high-pitched and loud and the fan is loud as well, even on low-lamp setting. I would think anything would be an improvement.

If I knew for sure that my next HT would be "this big" have a screen "this size" and light control of "this much" I could widen my potential PJ pool a little more. But I know none of the above. So while the W6000 might be a bit bright or noisy for my current use, it will probably be perfect in its next home, a year or so from now.

Thanks again, everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page