Morelli Projectors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone ever heard of Morelli projectors. Dude on craigslist is trying to sell them. Pretty sure he is a scammer but it is hard to find any info on them. Does anyone know about them?

He is trying to sell the Morelli HDX 44 for 550.
This is the website he links to paramontcinema3d.com is the website he links to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Scam
post #3 of 7 Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeresque490 View Post

Has anyone ever heard of Morelli projectors. Dude on craigslist is trying to sell them. Pretty sure he is a scammer but it is hard to find any info on them. Does anyone know about them?

He is trying to sell the Morelli HDX 44 for 550.
This is the website he links to paramontcinema3d.com is the website he links to.

Looks like just another reboxed Visionmax paramax or Bennelli Projector. They keep changing the brand names to sidestep reviews

Google "Visionmax White van speaker projector". If it says single screen TFT with long life lamp its an aquarium light mounted behind a GPS screen. I bought one for 50.00 from a guy who paid 500.00 from a guy on craigs list just so I could open it up and put it on youtube, Technically it works but it is laughable picture. One of these days I will be making a video of the projector with the case opened so people can see whats inside.
Make sure you actually see it work before you make any decisions.

Good Luck

Bohanna
post #4 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM

Pretty similar morelli hdx 55 on craigs list for $350. It claims it is a 1080p res, the guy i have been speaking with says he will come and set it up andthrow in a screen. It just seem to good to be tru. After troving the web for weeks this is the best deal in that price range. I would really perfer a known and reveiwed projector than this no name. I cant find a decent 1080 p native res for that price, not even used. If someone has experance with this model or has a better projector for sale please let me know.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM

Read what Bohanna wrote again!!! stick with a recognized name. If it sounds too good to be true - you know the rest.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-24-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Pretty similar morelli hdx 55 on craigs list for $350. It claims it is a 1080p res, the guy i have been speaking with says he will come and set it up andthrow in a screen. ... I cant find a decent 1080 p native res for that price, not even used.
There's a reason you can't find a brand-name 1080p projector for $350 used, but you can get a $4,899 (MSRP) "Morelli" PJ w/ a screen, installed, for $350. The reason is:
Quote:
It just seem to good to be tru.

wink.gif
post #7 of 7 Old 08-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Is the guy's name Mcguire ? from North Carolina ?? I bought the Morelli cinema w/ the screen, can't get it to play... Had also paid $200 for a set of surround sound speakers and What a mistake !!!!! Guy needs to be reported and charged, I live with a policeman in Somerset, Mass and the idiot took and cashed a check from me and I will find the jerk. Don't let that southern accent fool you. He's a conman !
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page